Latest results

Marzeater

6.1 up from 6.0 at my last test.

I'm persevering with my nightly glass of red wine. And I'll put the slight rise down to the very stressfull time I've had since xmas.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Marzeater said:
And I'll put the slight rise down to the very stressfull time I've had since xmas.

Hope things improve for you. :)

Frenchman

6.1 is pretty good isn't it ?

Mine the other day was 6.4, down from 6.9. Doctor described this as "non diabetic" but I should really be aiming for the 5's shouldn't I ?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
The medical advice is that you as a Diabetic should remain below 6.5%. Your GP is incorrect in describing your level as non-Diabetic ? You are just a well controlled Diabetic, that's all.

A normal non-diabetic HbA1C is 3.5-5.5%. In diabetes about 6.5% is good.

As you are going lower that all seems good. As to what level you get down to, that has to be a personal thing.....one you are comfortable with and can achieve without too much hardship.

If you want to go for the 5% mark.....then go for it !

Ken

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Marzeater.
We here are very sorry to hear of your sad loss. Our condolences to you and your family.

Ken and Sue.
cugila and sugarless sue

jenrose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
very cold and very hot weather
Sorry to hear of your loss which must of been a dreadful shock. I think you have done extremely well under the circumstances.

C

catherinecherub

Give yourself some well deserved praise. With all that has happened you have done remarkably well.

Thinking of you and your sad loss,

Catherine.

Marzeater

Thanks everyone.
Your kind thoughts are much appreciated.
I know it's coming up to 6 months but sometimes it feels very raw.
Last week we took mum to France to a site we all went to last year. She had a bit of a weep but she done well.
He loved his holidays and they managed to get away 3 or 4 times a year.
He survived bowel cancer and was given the all clear 18 months ago, so for him to go the way he did was a big shock but at least he never knew about it or suffered.

Thanks again

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Well done for keeping everything as even as you have obviously done to keep the numbers almost the same. Your dad would have been so pleased that you took your mum away on holiday and it will have done you all good. The first year is always the worst and things will get better as you remember all the good things and treasure the special memories. Big <<<hugs>>> coming your way! :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well done Dave! :D

All things considered 6.1 is a excellent hba1c. Like everyone else, I am sorry to hear of your sad loss.

Nigel