1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

LCHF 23:1

Discussion in 'Fasting' started by BoggyBimbleJr, Feb 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dipsydo

dipsydo · Well-Known Member

Obviously we are different but I am a diet timing similar to yours.
    My experience has been as follows - I am on Low carb and intermittent fasting for about 6 weeks.IF seems to be helping a lot with dawn phenomena. I lost about 28lbs about 1 or 2 lbs a week and then for six weeks I stayed at same weight. Bloods however were good . Then last week I dropped 7 lbs in one week . In one of Doctor Jason Fung's video there is a diagram which shows that weight can come down later than Blood sugars which happened to me so it may be that you are just at a plateau .
    The other thing may be variation in my case although it may be a coincidence the weight came down a week after I had a weekend off from IF .
    I feel that metabolism if anything has increased and my exercise is walking , nothing heavy.

2. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

I've been at the same weight for weeks - but I am sure it is because my insulin resistance is reducing, which is why my blood glucose has gone down. It is odd that the LCHF way of eating is working on two things which are in opposition - insulin sensitivity and weightloss. In time, however, I hope that my metabolism will be able to resume normal service.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook