1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

LCHF Rocks !

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Testimonials' started by Emerlou, May 14, 2016.

1. Emerlou

Emerlou Type 2 · Member

Just realised I never did come back to report results after seeing GP.

My HbA1c level has dropped from 54 in February to 36 in May. My GP says my diabetes is effectively in remission. He was concerned about the sustainability of such a change to my usual diet and has asked to see me again in another 3 months with a repeat of tests, but was beaming from ear to ear and very positive. I told him about the great advice I received on the forum and how confusing I'd found the standard NHS guidance. He seems to be quite progressive in his thinking about this and did not give me the old party line about carbs with every meal, just advocated moderation in everything.

Still feeling great about LCHF, still following and lost a further 1/2st since this last post so now 3st down and looking and - most importantly - feeling so much better than I did before I started this.

Thanks again to everyone for their advice and informative posts and thanks for all your support on my post :)

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Expert

Hi @Emerlou! Thanks for updating us. Great to hear of your continuing bs and weight reductions, well done! And well done to your GP for his progressive and supportive attitude!:)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Hiitsme

Hiitsme Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That's a great reduction @Emerlou Well done and keep it up.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Salvia

Salvia Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

After your inspiring original post, it's great to see that your success has continued @Emerlou; congratulations for all your efforts, and many thanks for updating us on progress. The fact your GP is open to the idea that you just might know what you're doing and is supportive of all your efforts, must be quite a relief.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook