Emerlou

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just realised I never did come back to report results after seeing GP.

My HbA1c level has dropped from 54 in February to 36 in May. My GP says my diabetes is effectively in remission. He was concerned about the sustainability of such a change to my usual diet and has asked to see me again in another 3 months with a repeat of tests, but was beaming from ear to ear and very positive. I told him about the great advice I received on the forum and how confusing I'd found the standard NHS guidance. He seems to be quite progressive in his thinking about this and did not give me the old party line about carbs with every meal, just advocated moderation in everything.

Still feeling great about LCHF, still following and lost a further 1/2st since this last post so now 3st down and looking and - most importantly - feeling so much better than I did before I started this.

Thanks again to everyone for their advice and informative posts and thanks for all your support on my post :)

Reactions: 4 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Emerlou! Thanks for updating us. Great to hear of your continuing bs and weight reductions, well done! And well done to your GP for his progressive and supportive attitude!:)

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just realised I never did come back to report results after seeing GP.

My HbA1c level has dropped from 54 in February to 36 in May. My GP says my diabetes is effectively in remission. He was concerned about the sustainability of such a change to my usual diet and has asked to see me again in another 3 months with a repeat of tests, but was beaming from ear to ear and very positive. I told him about the great advice I received on the forum and how confusing I'd found the standard NHS guidance. He seems to be quite progressive in his thinking about this and did not give me the old party line about carbs with every meal, just advocated moderation in everything.

Still feeling great about LCHF, still following and lost a further 1/2st since this last post so now 3st down and looking and - most importantly - feeling so much better than I did before I started this.

Thanks again to everyone for their advice and informative posts and thanks for all your support on my post :)

That's a great reduction @Emerlou Well done and keep it up.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After your inspiring original post, it's great to see that your success has continued @Emerlou; congratulations for all your efforts, and many thanks for updating us on progress. The fact your GP is open to the idea that you just might know what you're doing and is supportive of all your efforts, must be quite a relief.