Libre alarms not working.

Glocken

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I installed the latest Android update Januari 26. But after the update the alarms on FreeStyle Libre sensor 2 still DON'T work. The app doesn't register that I have started a sensor 2 on the phone.
Same error message as before: "Alarms are only available when you start a FreeStyle Libre 2 Sensor with this device". And that's exactly what I have been doing.
AND i got a phone that they say should be ok (Samsung S20 Fe).

Abbott support wasn't able to help anything - so they just gave me the silent treatment after a couple of contacts. :-(

Last edited:
Reactions: Optium

Mr. M

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The app doesn't register that I have started a sensor 2 on the phone.
That is another issue.
Can you tell us what you did: placing the sensor -> activation (how, with what device? Phone + Libre app or another app or Libre Reader?)

Marten

Glocken

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That is another issue.
Can you tell us what you did: placing the sensor -> activation (how, with what device? Phone + Libre app or another app or Libre Reader?)

Marten
I did what I have always done. Applied the sensor on my upper arm, started it with the phone LibreView app (samsung galaxy S20 FE). LibreView sensor 2. Then waited the hour until it started. Then the readings worked, but not the alarms. As usual, since the alarms stopped yearly December.

Mr. M

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks. But now with the latest sensor the readings stopped working as well because the phone does not recognize the sensor. That might well have to do with the upgrade of the OS. And the sensor was already registered, you cannot register twice, hence the error.
I would put more pressure on Abbott.
Do other people here had the same issue: sensor not recognized after Android OS upgrade?

Glocken

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks. But now with the latest sensor the readings stopped working as well because the phone does not recognize the sensor. That might well have to do with the upgrade of the OS. And the sensor was already registered, you cannot register twice, hence the error.
Do other people here had the same issue: sensor not recognized after Android OS upgrade?
Well, the message in the alarm section in the LibreLink app says this: "Alarms are only available when you start a FreeStyle Libre 2 Sensor with this device". But, that's exactly what i've been doing. So it seems the app can't "feel" that it's a sensor 2 connected. It still reads the values, but the alarms doesn't work. And I've tried everything the support asked me, and more. But still not working.
There's a lot of people that's having the same problem both in this forum, and on other forums.

Mr. M

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
OK, so it is the alarm-thing.
And that one is still not solved by Google and/or Abbott.
What you could do is ask Abbott for a reader. If you activate your next sensor with it, you will be fine concerning the alarms.
Other solution is installing a second app like Juggluco. Unfortunately not in the Playstore anymore.
But google on Juggluco and android and you will find it.
Diabox probably also an option or xDrip.

Optium

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh yes ! Just read all the threads - mine is Samsung A12 - alarms worked fine til latest os update (and app update) - still able to do readings tho . No problem for me with the sensor .. yet ! Just debating whether to start new sensor with reader on Thursday
Reading about G7 they suggest not to upgrade your phone - I don't recall seeing any such advice from Libre

zaf320

Hi, hope this info helps everyone. I have been having same 'signal loss alarm ' with all my sensors. Have reported previously to freestyle libre and new sensors have been posted out.

Today I have got through to someone at freestyle libre after suffering 2 hypos (mid morning and mid afternoon) without any alarms alerting me to the hypos. My alarm is set at 4.5. I explained the issues and the agent went through my phone into developer options and there is a function which you have to turn on. Magically I have not had the issue again so far (fingers crossed).

The button you have to turn on in developer options is called 'show notification channel warnings'.

if you get undone where to find this on your phone my advice would be to report the issue and hopefully you won't have the issue of signal loss again.

Stay blessed :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230130_172441_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20230130_172441_Settings.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 144

Glocken

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, hope this info helps everyone. I have been having same 'signal loss alarm ' with all my sensors. Have reported previously to freestyle libre and new sensors have been posted out.

Today I have got through to someone at freestyle libre after suffering 2 hypos (mid morning and mid afternoon) without any alarms alerting me to the hypos. My alarm is set at 4.5. I explained the issues and the agent went through my phone into developer options and there is a function which you have to turn on. Magically I have not had the issue again so far (fingers crossed).

The button you have to turn on in developer options is called 'show notification channel warnings'.

if you get undone where to find this on your phone my advice would be to report the issue and hopefully you won't have the issue of signal loss again.

Stay blessed :)
Thank you for the advice. Seems like turning on "show notification channel warnings" got my alarms going too - but only for an hour or so, then the alarms stopped working again.

Last edited:

Optium

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi.
Been reading through entire thread and stopped at yours and one you were replying to as I have same issue and can offer a little more. I had no issues before updating to android 13 in December then the alarms began to stop working. I work in tech so had a head start on Abbott support who as a previous thread mentioned go through a step by step script and don't listen. Ultimately they sent a new sensor which I didn't want, I want the alarms to work, and said I'd exhausted all options and to either use a reader instead or get a new phone. The odd thing about the alarms is they work for a time usually after a reboot for about 12-24 hours then stop. It's now Jan 2023 and I have upgraded the phone to Samsung galaxy S22. Same issue. I'm convinced it's the OS not gelling with the app but who knows. I think we just have to wait for Abbott to figure it out but the more pressure on them the better. Will be writing to them.
HI all
Just an update on the libre2 alarms NOT working
Don't know if anyone else has received an email from Abbott on this issue
I enclose relevant screenshots
Totally agree !
ABBOTT sort this issue

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230211_153716_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230211_153716_Gmail.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot_20230211_153453_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230211_153453_Gmail.jpg