Libre2 App

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
iOS update done this morning and so far no issues. Fingers crossed.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Earlier in the week I contacted Abbott by email (so there's a chance it will be recorded) reporting the 'slow access' to the logbook.

I went through a series of standard responses which I promptly rebutted, and finally got a commitment that the problem would be investigated.

"our research and development team are actively looking into this"

I even sent them a video recording of the screen while I patiently navigated the logbook.

Anyway, for my own peace of mind, I would like to know if this a ubiquitous problem on Android. So could anyone chip in and let us know if they are running Android and do get acceptable access speeds to the logbook?

TIA

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Earlier in the week I contacted Abbott by email (so there's a chance it will be recorded) reporting the 'slow access' to the logbook.

I went through a series of standard responses which I promptly rebutted, and finally got a commitment that the problem would be investigated.

"our research and development team are actively looking into this"

I even sent them a video recording of the screen while I patiently navigated the logbook.

Anyway, for my own peace of mind, I would like to know if this a ubiquitous problem on Android. So could anyone chip in and let us know if they are running Android and do get acceptable access speeds to the logbook?

TIA

Well, my scepticism appears well founded. After a flurry of email twixt Abbott and myself, I was left with the impression that the call had been passed up the chain. But not a dicky bird from them, so this morning whilst on the phone reporting an inaccurate sensor, I asked if the agent had heard of the issue. She hadn't but went off to find out.

Guess what? Would you do this".....clear cache, turn NFC & BT off then on, then finally delete and reinstall the app.

I flatly refused. They tried to explain that the data was saved...., I gave all the reasons why.

Anyway, after the call I was at loose end so I thought 'why not?' I've already lost the Logbook effectively as it's too slow to be of use, so really it's TIR.

I'll have made up 7 days quick enough, and the rest I can see on LV. So I pressed delete and 2 minutes later I was back up with a lightning fast Logbook!!! Empty of course, but I'll report back how it goes.

Others have found it starts to slow after 4 weeks or so.

B

• Informative
Reactions: aylalake

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Just tested and it took 30 seconds to load.
It has been slow (as far as I can remember) since the update for continuous monitoring.

realme 6 Pro running Android 11.

I'm not sure I want to reinstall and lose recent data, but encouraging to know it has worked for some.

One question - which cache is cleared?
Whole phone, or something dedicated to LibraLink?

I assume it will take another 90 days to gather enough data for proper (inaccurate) HbA1c prediction?

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
One question - which cache is cleared?
Whole phone, or something dedicated to LibraLink?

I assume it will take another 90 days to gather enough data for proper (inaccurate) HbA1c prediction?

It's the app cache. Settings>Apps>LibreLink>Storage

Oddly, I seldom look at HbA1C. Seems so old fashioned now. TIR is king for me. It's fact. Well as factual as the Libre accuarcy.

Sallyw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's the app cache. Settings>Apps>LibreLink>Storage

Oddly, I seldom look at HbA1C. Seems so old fashioned now. TIR is king for me. It's fact. Well as factual as the Libre accuarcy.
Why do you think the HbA1C is old fashioned? I am currently attending a DAFNE course funded by the NHS and that is the approved 2-3 monthly average for blood glucose. I presume TIR is time in range and that is critical also.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My iPhone 11 doesn’t have any problems.

You're OK with iOS. As far as the samples go on here this problem doesn't exist for you guys. As I mentioned previously, I'll have to shake the piggy bank and see where we are:)

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Why do you think the HbA1C is old fashioned? I am currently attending a DAFNE course funded by the NHS and that is the approved 2-3 monthly average for blood glucose. I presume TIR is time in range and that is critical also.

Pre the CGM world, the only way to establish how good you have been was to look at a snap shot of your blood and estimate backwards. Others hopefully will jump in and explain better than me, but basically the calculation makes a judgement based on blood cell life of 90 days and by how old they are, and how much glucose is in them, and by using a weighted average come up with a number.

My consultant dropped looking at it almost immediately, concentrating on TIR. When I used to ask her what my HbA1C was she'd tell me but explain that I could have spent half of every day at 3.0, and half of every day at 12.0 and my HbA1C would be 7.5 (my numbers not hers)
so an indicator but not 'fact'.

To me, it just seems we have moved on, but the behemoth of the NHS is still trying to turn (?? or should that be oil tanker;-)).

Just my opinionated 2p worth. YMMV.

edit: typos and spelling

Last edited:

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Totally agree @barrym my consultant also only interested in TIR. He can actually see my daily trials on his screen. HbA1c is a number that doesn’t really tell you anything. Still a good indicator for a type 2.

• Agree
Reactions: Hopeful34

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I would say nowadays that the tir has got to be the guide as to how well you are controlling your diabetes , Like barryms consultant said you could be up in the teens and then as low as in the twos and your HbA1c would say you are doing fine and if they told you that you would think why change anything .

Grandadfatboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
arrogant, abusive, greedy people
This is a bit long winded, but here goes. I had the Samsung S20+ and the L2 app worked perfectly, until my phone updated to Android13. Abbott released an update for the L2 and all hell broke loose. I had to repeatedly scan to get my BG level, but the most horrifying issue was, no alarms whatsoever, and especially when Do Not Disturb was activated. They then released an update for the update to CGM, which only complicated issues further.

I contacted Abbott repeatedly, as I'd had 2 episodes of BG in the 3's overnight and wasn't woken by the alarm. Eventually, after exhausting all Abbott's instructions to correct this situation, Abbott's response to solve the problem was to send me a reader to start my sensors in order to receive the alarms. What a cop out.

I recently updated my phone to Samsung S23 Ultra running Android 14. I spent the best part of 2 days repeating everything Abbott had asked me to do with the S20+ in order to get the alarms to work. To this day, the my alarms fail to work.

During the time Abbott were "trying" to resolve the no alarms issue, they mistakenly sent me a Libra 3 sensor. So a few weeks ago I downloaded the Libra 3 app and having applied the smaller L3 sensor set out on a voyage of discovery. The app worked flawlessly. Alarms worked perfectly, even with Do Not Disturb activated. It was brilliant, and for 14 days I was impressed by the lack of issues from the L3.

At the end of 14 days it was time to return to my usual L2. How very disappointing. One of the first messages I received was, Alarms Not Available. If I was funding Libra 2 myself, I ditch it in favour of the Dexcom 6.

I have made my diabetes team aware of the issues I'm having with L2, but until those who are having the same, similar or different issues with L2 report them to their care teams, nothing will happen, because as far as the NHS, who fund my L2, are not aware of the issues with it. This means the questions won't be asked of Abbott by the NHS to explain the problems with the L2 app.

Come on Abbott, get your act together and give us back the trouble free app we enjoyed prior to the Android 13 update. After all, you managed it with the Libra 3.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The App is working fine on my Samsung S20. The only Logbook entries I have to display are normally just those from my Novopen 5 downloads. I hardly ever now scan my sensor as the Bluetooth 1 minute updates give me what i want but these BS values aren't entered into the Logbook; they only update the various graphs. I wonder why you have so many Logbook entries? The few I have display instantly.

• Agree

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The App is working fine on my Samsung S20. The only Logbook entries I have to display are normally just those from my Novopen 5 downloads. I hardly ever now scan my sensor as the Bluetooth 1 minute updates give me what i want but these BS values aren't entered into the Logbook; they only update the various graphs. I wonder why you have so many Logbook entries? The few I have display instantly.
Well I use the full range of fields on the Note, meal, carbs, insulins, exercise, and comments.Anywhere from 6 to 10 a day.

I appreciate there are better apps for this, but all in one place is convenient. It all goes up to LV so my endo can see it too.