Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
To be honest I never shopped at Lidl before but saw many bargains I could find useful....I may well have to get another freezer cos mine is bursting at the seems right now with hubbys food....not much room left for mine so it may be a thought for the future to get another small chest freezer and take advantage of offers as you have :)

We shop at both Aldi & Lidl then get a few extra things in the likes of Tesco's & Morrisons, I don't find Lidl as cheap as what Aldi is....... certainly not on their meats anyway.

We often buy the reduced items like meat and bread and freeze them when we get home, it surprising what you can save, anyway hope you enjoy your rolls Gezzabelle.

Reactions: 4 people

karencymru

Just tried these rolls and have to say they are delicious. I cut them in half as they are quite substantial and put them in the freezer. They defrosted beautifully and are really nice. Half of one is plenty. They come in at 10 carbs per roll so half of one is only 5 carbs :D Very filling and today I tested my tolerance of them by having half of one with a known meal and tested after 2 hours. Delighted to say my bg only went up an extra number so instead of being 6.0 after the usual meal it came in at 7.1 which isn't so bad at all. A whole roll would only come in at 8.1 if that's the case which is still under top limit :D Makes the possibilities endless for sandwiches :D I have sooo missed being able to eat bread and these are so yummy and a real bread to munch on. Very tasty and filling :D
I have just found these, but didn't see any info about how many carbs were in them, did you look it up somewhere as will need to add to my food diary. They do look lovely.
OH says they're 'OK'. Since I haven't eaten any bread for a long time I think they'll be heavenly. However, haven't really missed bread, and don't want it to become a staple part of diet again.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I have just found these, but didn't see any info about how many carbs were in them, did you look it up somewhere as will need to add to my food diary. They do look lovely.
OH says they're 'OK'. Since I haven't eaten any bread for a long time I think they'll be heavenly. However, haven't really missed bread, and don't want it to become a staple part of diet again.

Sure someone said last week they are 7g of carbs per roll.

Reactions: 3 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Certainly a nice change to add and packed full with seeds so have to be good nutritionally too :)

Reactions: 2 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sure someone said last week they are 7g of carbs per roll.
9g per 100g and one weighs 125g so about 11.5g carb (ish)...and I only had half a one so all good @ less than 6g carb.....and more importantly 11g of fibre per 100g and lord knows I need some of that ;)

Reactions: 5 people

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wondered the same as I could not find any carb information but I bought them anyway for my T2 husband he liked them but I am not much of a bread eater myself so I would not bother with them

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wondered the same as I could not find any carb information but I bought them anyway for my T2 husband he liked them but I am not much of a bread eater myself so I would not bother with them
9 carbs per 100g......they weigh 125g so about 11.5 ish...and I only eat half a one so is only about 6g carb :)

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Gezzabelle

Is this the roll you are referring to?

pumpkin_1.jpg

iHs

I have tried twice now to buy these bread rolls in Lidl.. The person behind the bread counter did not know that such rolls existed and when confronting the store manager, he too didnt have a clue and had never heard of them. Am wondering if these rolls are only being sold in specific stores........my store is in Middx

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Gezzabelle

Aw thanks anyway.

I have a Lidl near me so will take a walk down and have a look.

I seem to be able to cope with Burgen bread at 12g carb per slice so I'll give these a try if they've got them.

Thanks

Jim

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Gezzabelle

Aw thanks anyway.

I have a Lidl near me so will take a walk down and have a look.

I seem to be able to cope with Burgen bread at 12g carb per slice so I'll give these a try if they've got them.

Thanks

Jim
they should have them in the fresh bake section.....Burgen bread spikes me way more than they do...I cut them in half and freeze them...they defrost perfectly and are a real chunk of bread with loads of seeds all through them.....only need one half as they are very filling so barely 6g of carb :)

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, will give them a try, are they labelled as high protein low carb?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9 carbs per 100g......they weigh 125g so about 11.5 ish...and I only eat half a one so is only about 6g carb :)

Gezzabelle - You've stated the carb content several times, and I'm certainly not challenging it, but where did you actually get that nutritional information from? I'm such a data monster, I like to validate stuff. :confused:

For me, like everyone else, the important thing is not to be seduced by the carb content, but to test, test test. So many times we find individual things that just do or don't work for us, as individuals. Great find though. :)

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
When I posted about these rolls a couple of weeks ago I got the nutritional info from Lidl responding to requests for it on their facebook page.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I definitely dont have them in the lidl near my house.
Gutted
Can I ask them to get some?
I am sure so many people would want them now that they are so popular courtesy all of us