Lidl High Protein Low Carb Rolls

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I was just trying to find the info on them on the Lidl web site for AndBreathe and it only showed a basic range of breads and asked me to choose my local store and it then revised the list to show what bakery products were available in that store - at which time they then showed up. So try the bakery area of the Lidl web site and choose your local stores and see where it shows up for you.

I think this is the bakery link without my local store selected:
http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/5690.htm

Reactions: 4 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gezzabelle - You've stated the carb content several times, and I'm certainly not challenging it, but where did you actually get that nutritional information from? I'm such a data monster, I like to validate stuff. :confused:

For me, like everyone else, the important thing is not to be seduced by the carb content, but to test, test test. So many times we find individual things that just do or don't work for us, as individuals. Great find though. :)
Quoted many times by various members here and also on My Fitness Pal http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/lidl-bakery-high-protein-roll-100g-196604370

Reactions: 2 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I definitely dont have them in the lidl near my house.
Gutted
Can I ask them to get some?
I am sure so many people would want them now that they are so popular courtesy all of us
Worth asking as they are both delicious and getting very popular....so filling and the low carb bit is a bonus

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just tried these again having half a of one spread with butter for lunch with Tuna, spinach, tomato and mayo....the lunch without the roll would have gone up one number so with the roll I was expecting a bigger jump.....started at 5.1 pre lunch and reading 2 hours after lunch was .6.2 :D...at last I can eat some proper bread :D (does a happy dance )

Reactions: 3 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just tried these again having half a of one spread with butter for lunch with Tuna, spinach, tomato and mayo....the lunch without the roll would have gone up one number so with the roll I was expecting a bigger jump.....started at 5.1 pre lunch and reading 2 hours after lunch was .6.2 :D...at last I can eat some proper bread :D (does a happy dance )
What was it at one hour, this will tell how much you peaked at approx.

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
just had one lightly toasted with some tuna and a salad , it first time i have tried itm before Lunch my reading was 5.4 , will let you know after 2 hours

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Two hours later after having one roll, Blood sugar reading was 6.9

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Two hours later after having one roll, Blood sugar reading was 6.9
That's not so bad is it?....I have only tried one half at a time up to now but would be more than happy with that result. One slice of Burgen spikes me much more than the rolls

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
yes it seems ok, maybe bext time will try half

ste77isk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a few things, but have a good sense of humour.
my head is battered with which bread/crisp-bread to eat or not, so I will definitely be buying some of these today. My mouth is watering reading some of these posts, and your only talking about bread??!!!

Reactions: 4 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
my head is battered with which bread/crisp-bread to eat or not, so I will definitely be buying some of these today. My mouth is watering reading some of these posts, and your only talking about bread??!!!
They are yummy Ste.....half of one is plenty and if you are lucky like many of us it won't spike you....I found having them a few times, one day after another made me even more tolerant of them. The first half made my numbers go up just one which isn't bad and it came down lower after having them for a couple of days :)

becsbam

Type of diabetes
Type 2
WOW!! Readings after one roll.
5/6/15 B4 6.7 (60mg Starlix) 1hr 7.0 2hr 6.9
6/6/15 B4 5.7 (No Meds) 1hr 6.5 2hr 7.3 3hr 6.5
About the same as 4 slices of LivLife bread but FAR more satisfying.
Just popping out to clear Lidl's baskets!

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
WOW!! Readings after one roll.
5/6/15 B4 6.7 (60mg Starlix) 1hr 7.0 2hr 6.9
6/6/15 B4 5.7 (No Meds) 1hr 6.5 2hr 7.3 3hr 6.5
About the same as 4 slices of LivLife bread but FAR more satisfying.
Just popping out to clear Lidl's baskets!
I hear ya lol...I had a whole roll today and rise was minimal..(had only tried half of one previously ).....a big chunk of yummy bread yayyyy....my Lidl is selling out of them as fast as they get them on sale so I have to hit the store very early and bulk buy and freeze them now..........Thank you Lidl....I think I love you hahaha :D

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh well, another bread I'll have to do without, there's no way I could get to a Lidl that early in the morning :(

Reactions: 3 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh well, another bread I'll have to do without, there's no way I could get to a Lidl that early in the morning :(
Hey thats just at my particular one...go have a look at your store..they will probably have them...and they are soooo worth it :) Proper bread ...tasty and filling :)

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe nobody at my store likes them, I was in after 4pm yesterday and that basket was still full. They bake them in-store, so if they run out early in the day, maybe they bake another batch. There has always been some there since I first became aware of them - I usually shop in an evening.

I posted a link on page 2 to check if your store includes them in their bakery selection.

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
I bought 6 in my local store today but I've halved them and put them in the freezer. I'll test one tomorrow after I've defrosted and toasted it. They look and smell good so fingers crossed. All other low carb breads that I've tested have 'spiked' me.