Links opening in a new window

Rushy

This may well have been asked before but is there a way of changing the default for clickable links so that they open in a new window?
This is the only site I use where you click through and, without any warning, leave the site. Pretty much everywhere else opens links in a new window by default.
Changing the default behavior would benefit the site as people would not leave when they click and thus spend more time here getting good info and viewing the ads, which I'm guessing is a revenue stream for you guys.

Just a suggestion.. :D

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
No need for any of that ... simply right-click upon the link and choose 'open in new tab' ... you will still keep the page you are viewing as a new page will open up to be chosen to view at will.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I made this same observation after I joined Rushy and was told to use my back button, its as if they want you to leave the forum, I find it very odd and it could so easily be fixed with a simple [new window] command in the link code.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hobs said:
No need for any of that ... simply right-click upon the link and choose 'open in new tab' ... you will still keep the page you are viewing as a new page will open up to be chosen to view at will.

Thats what I do generally Hobs, but like Rushy I don'tt know of any other forums who dont use the new window command for links. Just a suggestion for Dan :D

Rushy

Just a thought..
I know how to work the browser but it's too easy to nip off and be on someone else's site in seconds.
It's a revenue loss if people jump to other systems in this big WEB2 world.