Livebetes...

MightyMacs

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
...since being diagnosed with Type 2 10 days ago it seems as though I have been given a wonderful gift...does that sound mad?

Instead of sitting at my laptop, eating and generally feeling like **** (that's been my life for at least 3 years) ...I feel energised, alive and totally sure that life is get ting better, not worse...my new regime is a lifestyle change, not a diet...I will live not kill myself slowly as I had been doing..

So, I have decided to re-christen this 'condition', and for me, shall now be dubbed 'Livebetes' :)

There will be days of struggle, I'm sure, but life is beautiful and it's there to be cherished...now I love my body and am so grateful for everything it has allowed me to do.

Sending love for everyone with Livebetes...

Love
Carole x

Reactions: 10 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are people who find that being diagnosed diabetic is a positive thing. I'm not one of them.. I have never seen anything good about it at all. However, your post today, and previous ones have had a very positive effect on (even) me! I agree with you that life is beautiful and to be cherished. I'm not quite at a place where I can see anything positive about being diabetic yet, but carry on with your inspirational posts and who knows....I may be there with you one day! Thank you. You have made me smile a few times now. :)

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
That's a very positive attitude Carole, It's seems to be a big awakening call for so many Type 2's, so good for you:)

Reactions: 5 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I think back and feel that yes, being diagnosed was a good thing as it has made me change my lifestyle for the better. I consider more what I'm eating and drinking, and I know alot more about food.

Great attitude and positive outlook are going to make anyone feel better.

Reactions: 4 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome, Its a good site with lots of info
I went through a whole host of emotions when I was diagnosed, both good and bad days