lizis granola again

bedshaped2000

After great advise from wallycorker to try this cereal and getting excellent readings i opened my wallet and invested in other flavours. Good job i tested all the flavours. Although the gl readings of all the flavours are very close let me tell you my meter readings say otherwise lol.
GRANOLA ORIGINAL 5.2 BEFORE 6.4 AFTER 1 HOUR 5.6 AFTER 2

GRANOLA ORGANIC CRUNCH 5.7 BEFORE 6.6 AFTER 1 HOUR 5.2 AFTER 2 <<<< explain that one lol

GRANOLA BELGUIM CHOCOLATE 5.6 BEFORE 6.6 AFTER 1 HOUR 6.2 AFTER 2

now this is where it gets serious

GRANOLA PECAN AND TREACLE 5.8 BEFORE 8.2 AFTER 1 HOUR 6.6 AFTER 2

GRANOLA CINAMEN AND APPLE 5.7 BEFORE 8.4 AFTER 1 HOUR 7.6 AFTER 2

so the conclusion is dont take gl labelling for granted and tes test test. PREFEREED THE CHOCOLATE ONE ANYWAY LOL

:D

wallycorker

Wow Bedshaped2000! You sound as though you are keeping Lizi's going! Maybe you'll get onto their Christmas card list next year! :D

I think that I've only tried the Original - maybe one other. Tesco only seemed to stock one variety at a time - and now they don't seem to be stocking any.

However, all the results that you quote would be very good for me compared with any other cereal that I've tried. I would have recorded double figures with any other cereal.

Keep us posted on your testing.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year - John

bedshaped2000

happy new year to wally. i was doing really well with testing wasnt even going over 6 1 and 2 hrs after eating. But last 2 days im struggling to get under 7 dont no if its because of last week, exercise was minimal because of snow or because i havent worked for a week so my whole body clock is out because i normally work nights.This has made me paranoid again and lets say my fingers are extra sore from the paranoid testing frenzy that ive given myself. got my hba1c test next week and results a week after and im expecting to enter the 5% club i will let you no as soon as possible.

wallycorker

It's my experience that things do tend to keep moving about a little. Sometimes you have a good idea why but on other occasions you just can't understand why. Just stick at what you are doing - you'll get there - you are doing great and in such a short time. It took me eight years to learn anything at all.

I hope you make the 5% Club. However, don't get too down if you don't it's all part of the learning process.

Best wishes - John