1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Looking for Vegan Testimonials...

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by venom8287, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Walking Girl

Walking Girl Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sorry, EMDR with a therapist. But an absolutely amazing technique. Glad you are doing better though.

2. Walking Girl

Walking Girl Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well, yes and no.. I ate my current plan while losing weight, just less of it. I did do one very low calorie stint, but that was at the end to get it over with. My step on day 1 after diagnosis was up the vegetables significantly (even the starchy/“sugary” ones) skip any junk food, all “white carbs (bread/pasta/white potatoes) etc. I also dropped cheese, oils/butter as too calorie - laden. I absolutely ate beans and root vegetables on the way down...of both A1c and weight. My fasting BG is tied directly my weight, my postprandial improved immediately upon dietary change and well before significant weight loss.

• Like Like x 1
    #22 Walking Girl, Aug 24, 2019 at 2:42 PM
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  3. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Ah, thought it might be that. Heard it was very effective for my mom and quite a few other people I know. Not an option for me, but glad it helped you! :)

• Hug Hug x 1
  4. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

And I think anyone and you in particular should be able to make a joke about anything. Not talking/joking about mental health issues doesn't help people recover IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. LoubyLou 2

LoubyLou 2 Type 2 · Member

Thanks for this thread, I've stalled as a Vegetarian who often eats Vegan too. I lost 4 stone, lowered my HBA thingy to a non diabetic level then stalled and put one stone back on and the HBA had ridden enough for the DN to get her triumphant 'I and the NHS and you are wrong' head on. I have lost some of that one stone i put on but not fully. I think I probably need to lower the nuts and cheese even more. I have lowered the beans and pulses significantly but now after reading some of the posts above, I think I will get the monitor out and check what the reading is in case I can eat more of them than others etc.

Someone linked me to a thread about how to do the monitoring so I will go see if I can work out how and when to do this.

Are there many Vegetarians (or Vegans, as this is a Vegan thread) who have been significantly successful?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook