Loss of a beloved pet

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
Hamadr I feel for you and I know about frail and thin my Tillie was always small but keep thinking of her little thin body yesterday and makes my heart ache. My daughter has her brother who thankfully is strong and healthy. Also Tillie had other associations her birthday was the day after my dad passed away in 2005. I had my previous cat go missing and when he was in hospital he kept asking if I had found her and said he would buy me another cat. About 6 weeks later I bought Tillie and my daughter bought her brother. Wishing your dear dog all the best.

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
I believe animals are spirtual - cats especially so and realise the house is so empty not because it lacks her physical presence but her spiritual oresence. A timid cat who followed me like a dig, did not like going out do she was always here and even when I could not see her / her presence could be felt.

HpprKM

Dislikes
'dog' not 'dig'

HpprKM

Dislikes
Thanks to everyone of you, every one counts even though I am not up to answering them individually and am quite amazed at so much compassion certainly makes me feel good I have read them all si beautiful and moving Kathleen x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sorry for your loss HpprKM :(

tree-peony

I posted on this yesterday, but my reply seems to have vanished.

I just wanted to say that, no matter how many times you have to do it, the pain never diminishes, but you DID do the right thing. It's the last kindness we can do for them. I hope your pain eases

HpprKM

Dislikes
Thank you - of course I question myself, forcing her into the cat box that she so hated - buy she would never be well and I could not watch her suffer I hope she understood.

HpprKM

Dislikes
I just didn't realise she would not be coming home and such a quick diagnosis such a shock

HpprKM

Dislikes
I just didn't realise she would not be coming home and such a quick diagnosis such a shock - I need to keep writing about her because the pain needs to go somewhere and there is such kindness from every source, here, fb and texts.

tree-peony

it's just dumped my post again!!

The shock always makes it worse. We lost one of ours a year ago last October. He was perfectly fine at teatime, then at 7pm he threw a clot and his back legs went. By 8pm he'd been PTS and we were back home, totally shellshocked. I still get choked just thinking about it.

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Kathleen. I have only just come on line and I want to say how sorry I am to hear that your dear friend has gone over the Rainbow Bridge. Run free little one.

HpprKM

Dislikes
Peony isn't it awful, sadness and loss hard enough but shock knocked me sideways, dread to think of my sugar levels made me feel so I'll, thanks for your share <3

HpprKM

Dislikes
Catza - I'm guessing you are a cat lover and understand what they bring into your life. My day was based around her, she was there first thing in the morning and last thing at night with her cat like rituals that I was willing a servant to. They say a cat picks us, Tillie was so
My cat or me her person and I truly hope she is over the rainbow bridge living all the simple things she loved here x

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
HpprKM said:
Catza - I'm guessing you are a cat lover and understand what they bring into your life. My day was based around her, she was there first thing in the morning and last thing at night with her cat like rituals that I was willing a servant to. They say a cat picks us, Tillie was so
My cat or me her person and I truly hope she is over the rainbow bridge living all the simple things she loved here x

Yup, I'm a cat lover who has sadly had 4 cats die over the last 40 years and thinking of them can still bring sad memories of the time that they crossed that bridge so I really understand how you are feeling.

Each time I would vow to never, ever have another cat but each time something would happen to bring a new feline into our lives. A traumatised cat streaking into the house through the open front door and never leaving, a couple of elderly brothers languishing in a rescue center for years because they were black and finally our latest companion, starved and physically ill treated by him previous owner, so scared of human contact that he lashed out at anyone who tried to comfort him. Cats have a habit of choosing us and Tillie chose well, you loved each other and when it came to the end you chose to give her peace.

Jo (catza) X

HpprKM

Dislikes
I have nearly always had a cat or cats, and like you with each one vow never again. My previous cats were Sadie and Ellie - Sadie got hit by a woman taxi driver, who just left her there- according to eye witness she was sitting by the kerb, killed outright I was devastated she was so special a feisty, beautiful animal and Ellie missed her, them when we on holiday some years later Eliie got out if the house of a relative and went missing. Tons of desperate searching and we
Never found her. Like you I said no more cats, but my dear dad who was in hospital at the time kept asking I had found her, and said he would by me another cat. Sadly he passed away and I got Tillie as a token of his wish. Her birthday was the day before he died, so she had even more meaning for me. She was timid and did not like going outside, so no worry about cars hitting her,I again think no more, cannot go through this again, but the house is do empty without a cat. Hubby tries to understand but not raised with pets and not really in tune with them. Thanks for sharing your experiences such a comfort x

HpprKM

Dislikes
If and it is a big if for I cannot replace Tillie in any way, like all cats she was unique little soul, it would be a rescue cat. But I am a million miles from that right now.