Type 2 Low carb breakfast

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As others have said, try to stop thinking in terms of traditional breakfast foods........... it`s actually quite liberating:).

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I need instant breakfasts to eat on the go, so that means boiled eggs, but as we're ruling those out, my other go to brekky options are:
black coffee
a block of cheese
a handful of ham slices
Tuna out the tin
almonds from the jar
Whatever was cold from the night before: chicken wings, as often as not

Maradona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find skyr yogurt with strawberries mixed in. Or half a cadbury flake mixed is even better. I find 1hr 15mins later my bg is 6.8 to 7.

Jvsingh101

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, I don't know if I'm doing some thing so wrong. I have a cup of tea and 2 wholemeal bread toast very light pineapple jam on it. Please advise. Thanks

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, I don't know if I'm doing some thing so wrong. I have a cup of tea and 2 wholemeal bread toast very light pineapple jam on it. Please advise. Thanks
If it doesn't raise your blood sugar, then OK, but it looks like quite a bad option as far as carbs go.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

What diabetes medications are you taking?
Have you got your own blood glucose meter? That will very quickly tell you what you are doing wrong, and I suspect the toast and jam will come off the menu, but let a meter tell you.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
cauliflower rice kedgeree...now there's a thought..

I have done that very thing quite often.

If you have never tried cauli rice paella (aka Pretendy Paella in this hacienda), you have never lived. Just do all the usual stuff, but stir fry in the "rice" a the end. Anything chorizo is a winner in my world.

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast is my only meal that is relatively carb-heavy. I don't care if one of my meals is higher carb as long as the daily carb total is OK.

--One tablespoon of homemade granola (muesli) mixed with one tablespoon of wheat bran (to aid digestion in general). With two raspberries, four blueberries, one-third of a banana sliced, and zero-fat milk.
--Two tablespoons of zero-fat Greek yoghurt.
--Coffee, black, several cups.

For those who question the zero-fat choice: That's what I've been doing for 30 years, and it's a habit that's hard to break. Full-fat dairy actually tastes fairly gross to me.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I break my fast well into the afternoon with whatever is to hand and up to that point (and after) it’s coffe with double cream.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have done that very thing quite often.

If you have never tried cauli rice paella (aka Pretendy Paella in this hacienda), you have never lived. Just do all the usual stuff, but stir fry in the "rice" a the end. Anything chorizo is a winner in my world.
mmm that sounds great..will try out next week.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
mmm that sounds great..will try out next week.

Maybe just save a bit of your pealla seasoning mix for stir fry with the "rice", to directly flavour that too.

I've tried most rice based things with cauli and they only real challenge is ensuring it picks up the flavour of the underlying dish, as opposed to an add in at the end.

Enjoy!

Reactions: bulkbiker