Low carb picnic

ladyfingers

Dislikes
Litter!
The plan is for me and me fella to go for a bike ride this Sunday followed by a picnic. The reality will probably see the pair of us staring at the rain from inside the car for a couple of hours :lol:

Anyhows not to be put off I'm trying to think what to put in the picnic that will satisfy his yearnings for all things carb and my BG. Currently I've only got chicken tikka strips on the menu! I could make scotch eggs with good sausagemeat but I'm not really going to have time. I might just get some good sausages and re-string them into mini ones though and just boil a couple of eggs.

Any other ideas for tasty low carb picnic stuff?

Regards
Jen

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Strawberries n' cream. (Especially if the sun's out!)
Nuts.

Scotch egg's are a good idea. I've been meaning to try to make some lo-carb ones for a while now. I've seen recipes that substsitute the bread crumb coating for a mixture of parmessan cheese and crushed pork rinds (pork crunch?)/crushed nuts.

ladyfingers

Dislikes
Litter!
mmm strawberries n cream sounds great and I might just get around to trying a scotch egg or two.

Just thought that pate stuffed tomatoes might work :?:

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmmm... Dunno about that! What about tom's with mozarella balls in? Maybe a bit of fresh basil?

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sliced peppers with dips? (Tzatziki, salsa, etc...)

**** it. If the weather stays nice I'm gonna get the missus out on our bikes for a pic-nic too!

ladyfingers

Dislikes
Litter!
Patch said:
Sliced peppers with dips? (Tzatziki, salsa, etc...)

**** it. If the weather stays nice I'm gonna get the missus out on our bikes for a pic-nic too!

You know it makes sense :D

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Oi, Stop it, you're making me hungry again :lol:

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I like slices of smoked pork sausage (pref. with garlic if you both eat it), cherry tomatos and chunks or slices of mixed cheeses. I tend to pack everything bite-sized to start with.

Or sticks of celery and strips of pepper and cucumber with tuna mayonnaise in a tub to use as a dip.

Viv :)

jaykay

Scotch egg's are a good idea. I've been meaning to try to make some lo-carb ones for a while now. I've seen recipes that substsitute the bread crumb coating for a mixture of parmessan cheese and crushed pork rinds (pork crunch?)/crushed nuts.

*Waaaaaaiiiiiiiil*. I'm hungry now and want some!