Low Carb Program

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I absolutely agree. 20 to 30 carbs a day was difficult at first but suits me well at the moment. I am aware that I might need (or have to) increase this on occasion. I have my doctor's support as far as ketosis is concerned; he's one of the few who seem to think it a good idea - either that or I'm his guinea pig! Whichever, I'm happy to continue as I am right now - I feel better than I have for years with energy levels back to how they were when I was a much younger woman, more mentally alert and, as they say, I am now happy in my own skin. LCP so far has proved useful in this but it's early days so we shall see. Thank you for your input - have a lovely day x

Please don't think I was telling you off in any way. I wasn't. It's just some folks react differently to a new diagnosis, or even straightforwardly to a change of lifestyle.

There are so, so many folks arrive here feeling they could never turn away from bread, chocolate or whatever, but many do. That doesn't usually happen overnight or in one step.

I'm very pleased you feel so well with your changes. That is such a reinforcement of your decisions.

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
Please don't think I was telling you off in any way. I wasn't. It's just some folks react differently to a new diagnosis, or even straightforwardly to a change of lifestyle.

There are so, so many folks arrive here feeling they could never turn away from bread, chocolate or whatever, but many do. That doesn't usually happen overnight or in one step.

I'm very pleased you feel so well with your changes. That is such a reinforcement of your decisions.
Bless you, I didn't think you were tellimg me off (if I had, I would have let you know). I saw my diagnososis as an opportunity to make things right and remain resolute in this. I'm quite happy to never eat bread etc again - the odd bit of very dark chocolate though, is a different matter!

Reactions: KookieMunchster

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
I joined when it was the one off fee. I haven’t been on it fir ages.
I joined when I had been diagnosed for a few months so the info on low carb etc wasn’t overly helpful but like you I wanted recipe ideas.

I found that really useful and because it was lifetime payment of £30 I thought it worth it.

Haven’t been on fir ages simply because I have no inclination to cook. My meals are slab of meat and veg.

I cook my bread to tear off during the day and sausages and chicken and that’s it.

I haven’t cooked a meal for a long long tine!!

But for recipes I found it good.

I got frustrated with the whole wait a week till the next lot of info!
What bread do you cook please?

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
What bread do you cook please?

Normal. I just miss out the sugar but I did that before diagnosis anyway.

I can’t eat slot in one go but I’ve found that if I take bites every so often it keeps me balanced through the day.

Same as I eat a minuscule amount of porridge with my breakfast (bacon and eggs and tomato) every morning. I have to have some carbs so I just add it as carbs only not to fill me up. I can’t have more than say 8 or 9 g because then I spike.

The bread is the same. I have to have some carbs through the day so I just tear bits off. I fold loads and loads of cheddar through it so they are cheesey.

I use a bread machine.

But yes it takes me all day to eat it.

I’ve found since then I seem to keep going for longer which helps with work. But then I tend to not have any carbs at the evening meal.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If I have already signed up and paid the one off payment could I get a refund if GP paid for it?
Sorry, I don’t know the answer to that. I wonder if @DCUKMod does or can find out for you?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know, but to be fair, I doubt that would happen, if folks come out of the woodwork in the coming weeks and months asking for their money back.

I daresay I can ask, but @Cana, would you unwork someone's lessons at a date in the future is they decided out of the blue they'd rather have paid for them from another account?

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I don't know, but to be fair, I doubt that would happen, if folks come out of the woodwork in the coming weeks and months asking for their money back.

I daresay I can ask, but @Cana, would you unwork someone's lessons at a date in the future is they decided out of the blue they'd rather have paid for them from another account?

That’s a very good point. It was just curiosity.

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What's everyone else's experience of the low carb program? I joined because I enjoy eating low carb but, because it's a relatively new way of eating for me I find I need some help keeping my nosh interesting (and tasty enough for my daughter to want to eat with me). I'd be interested to learn how long others have been following the program and what you think of the website.
Low carb is fairly new to me. All my life my staple food was lentils, grains and little of overly cooked green veggies and dairy.
Not officially diagnosed with anything yet but my A1c once was 6., which prompted me to research. I went completely opposite to what I used to eat. I removed grains and legumes and now I only eat low carb. I am surprised as how I am able to tolerate so much meat when my lineage has been pure vegetarian since decades. I am really doing well on low carb and best thing about it is I sleep so much better.

Reactions: LindsayJane

callieuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have the low carb programme and keep forgetting about it - Pinterest is my go to for ideas and variety ;)

Reactions: LindsayJane