Low carb recipe books

SOBGirl1977

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi everyone

I don’t have diabetes but have a very strong family history of T2 in 2 first degree relatives

I would be considered at risk, aged over 40, raised BMI and lots of steroids due to asthma!

Really keen to decrease BMI and risk of T2 using LCHF approach

Can anyone recommend any LCHF cookbooks, ideally with recipes that are quick and can be frozen for those busy work days when I might not want to cook

Thanks in advance

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Like @Rachox, I get many of my new recipes or ideas from the internet, but I've also found it easy to adapt most of what used to eat pre diabetes to be suitably low carb, by changing or omitting a few high carb ingredients.

You can make a big dent in carbohydrate consumption by avoiding high starch foods like pasta, potatoes, rice for example and replacing with cauliflower rice, spiralised courgettes, mashed cauliflower or roast celeriac...

If you're confident cook just a little ingenuity can be the key!

Robbity

Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Stevie246

Sarah Flower has a new diabetes book - Eating to Beat Type 2 Diabetes, as well as a low carb slow cooker book, both are very good, but the diabetes one includes lots of info and food lists etc

Reactions: heh

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sarah Flower has a new diabetes book - Eating to Beat Type 2 Diabetes, as well as a low carb slow cooker book, both are very good, but the diabetes one includes lots of info and food lists etc
I've just reserved these books from the library to have a look at.