1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Low carb recipe books

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by SOBGirl1977, Sep 27, 2018.

1. SOBGirl1977

SOBGirl1977 Don't have diabetes · Newbie

Hi everyone

I don’t have diabetes but have a very strong family history of T2 in 2 first degree relatives

I would be considered at risk, aged over 40, raised BMI and lots of steroids due to asthma!

Really keen to decrease BMI and risk of T2 using LCHF approach

Can anyone recommend any LCHF cookbooks, ideally with recipes that are quick and can be frozen for those busy work days when I might not want to cook

Thanks in advance

2. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

Like @Rachox, I get many of my new recipes or ideas from the internet, but I've also found it easy to adapt most of what used to eat pre diabetes to be suitably low carb, by changing or omitting a few high carb ingredients.

You can make a big dent in carbohydrate consumption by avoiding high starch foods like pasta, potatoes, rice for example and replacing with cauliflower rice, spiralised courgettes, mashed cauliflower or roast celeriac...

If you're confident cook just a little ingenuity can be the key!

Robbity

• Like Like x 1
  4. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5. Stevie246

Stevie246 · Newbie

Sarah Flower has a new diabetes book - Eating to Beat Type 2 Diabetes, as well as a low carb slow cooker book, both are very good, but the diabetes one includes lots of info and food lists etc

6. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You can read some of the book here at Google Books.

You can pick the bones out of it as you wish. :D

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook