pinch of salt
sweetener
good pound plums/apples/rhubarb
for the crumb topping:
2 tbsp ghee
almond flour
sweetener
ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 160 degrees (fan assisted)
Beat 3 eggs until foamy - Mix in the almond flour and baking powder, stir in enough coconut milk or cream to give the dough a soft but still firm consistency; add a pinch of salt - sweeten to taste -
Line and grease the base of a springform pan (26cm) with baking parchment, grease the sides of the tin.
Press pastry into the tin.
Wash plums, remove stones and cut in halves, place plums on top of the dough and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Topping:
Mix 2 tbsp ghee + almond flour + sweetener to resemble bread crumbs, sprinkle over the cake and bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
Cover with aluminum foil half way through baking time to prevent the crumble from burning.

Eat with cream/home made low carb custard/mascarpone custard
Makes 12 slices = 4,7g carbs per portion (with plums, will be lower if made with rhubarb)

See the pics here: http://lchf.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6120

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Low carb pizza with low carb tortilla for base. Turned out great. Now I can join in with other half

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Attachments

• 1379794107849.jpg
    1379794107849.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,423

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
That certainly looks the business ! :D

I'd love to see the recipe too Claymic.

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The low carb tortilla I buy ready online. On each I put a bit of passata, cooked chopped gammon, lactose free cheese, sliced chestnut mushrooms, few salad leaves, sprinkle of rosemary, salt and pepper and drizzle of good olive oil. It only took about 7 mins in oven. And it was quite nice :)

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That does look really good. Where do you get your low carb torilla? I really like pizza with roquefort, sliced pear and rocket, miss it like mad.

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I get it from avidlite. Low carb mega store has them too. I usually get the mamma lupe ones or the tortilla factory. They are both good and are 3 net carb each

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Claire87, what flour did you use for the pizza please as I think that CarbQuik is American is it not?

Claire87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Brain tumours
diadeb said:
Claire87, what flour did you use for the pizza please as I think that CarbQuik is American is it not?

Yep, I think it is, and it's not cheap, but I got it here: http://www.avidlite.co.uk/acatalog/Carbquik-Baking-Mix--1360g-box-ALB091.html

It's 1.3kg though, so it lasts for a while. I figure a dominos cost me 16.99 and this will make a lot of them and take the money out of my 'treat yourself' funds for it.

You can' use any flour though. My first attempt was with soya flour, which did rise perfectly fine and tasted good, but the problem was I needed a lot more spelt in it and the carbs per pizza were on the high side. I also needed to add 6 extra tablespoons of spelt to the final dough to make it into a dough that I could work with. The end result was great, but the carbs were more like 80g per batch, rather than the 38g per batch that the CarbQuik delivered.

Testing out different flours on this recipe is certainly an option because the spelt, garlic powder and onion powder all add flavour to the dough. But really strong flavoured flours, like soya, may need a bit more spelt to get the taste right.

I hope this helps :)

Claire87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Brain tumours
Re: Low Carb Pizza - Dominos-Style

paul-1976 said:
Wow!! :thumbup: Awesome looking pizza and great blog BTW ! Thanks! :)

Thanks Paul :D. I keep randomly adding new recipes to the blog. Hopefully, 4g carb apple pies will be coming up next, see if I can give Mr Kipling some new ideas lol.

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Claire87, thanks for the reply, Deb

WhitbyJet

Quick, simple but oh so tasty

Creamed cabbage and sausages

1 cabbage
30g butter
1 tsp caraway seeds
200 ml cream
1 tbsp horseradish
sausages
mustard

Finely shred cabbage, in a large pan heat butter until lightly brown, add cabbage and stir fir 2 minutes. Add caraway seeds, salt, pepper, finally add the crea, reduce heat, add horseradish, cover pan and simmer for minutes.
Meanwhile fry sausages until brown on all sides, serve with cabbage and mustard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cabbage puree - hard to believe that this is so delicious

Shred or just tear the cabbage, add a tbsp of water, simmer for a couple of minutes, add about 1/2 cup of cream, season with salt, pepper and either curry powder or paprika, a stock cube and simmer until tender, use stick blender to puree.

or slightly different

Shred or just tear the cabbage, add a tbsp of water, simmer for a couple of minutes, season with salt, pepper and either curry powder or paprika, a stock cube and simmer until tender, stir in creme fraiche, heat through, use stick blender to puree.

Attachments

• kål.jpg
    kål.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 757

WhitbyJet

Green beans with walnut dressing

Green beans made interesting

500g green beans, fresh or frozen
2tbsp butter
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp chopped, fresh dill
2 tbsp roasted, chopped walnuts
salt and pepper

Spread walnuts out on a baking tray, roast in the oven at 200 degrees for about 5 to 6 minutes, remove from oven and set aside.

Cook the beans until tender, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add beans and heat through, in a cup mxt together the lemon juice, mustard and dill and pour over the beans, stir through gently. Season with alt and pepper, sprinkle with the walnuts.

Attachments

• fisolen.JPG
    fisolen.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 560
Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I just had a lovely dinner. Not a proper recipe as such, just made it up, but very tasty so thought I'd share.

Stir fried veg with peanut sauce and toasted halloumi

Stir fried veg:
beansprouts
bell pepper (cut into strips)
fine beans (parboiled a bit before frying)
mushrooms

Peanut sauce:
1 tsp root ginger (finely chopped)
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp philadelphia cheese
splash of soy sauce
black pepper
water (to loosen the sauce)

Stir fry the veg, stir through the peanut sauce, top with grilled halloumi and a few cashews for crunch.

Might try it with a bit of chili in the sauce next time. Scoffed it before taking a photo...ooops! :oops:

Reactions: 2 people
B

badcat

Sounds nice tho I might replace the halloumi with some crispy fried tofu ( wrap the tofu in kitchen paper to absorb as much water as possible then cut the tofu into cubes and fry in coconut or rice bran oil until crisp)

Reactions: 3 people