WhitbyJet

CHEESE STRAWS & Italian style pizza

CHEESE STRAWS Lowcarb version

60g parmesan, finely grated
60g grated almonds
45g cold butter diced
salt and freshly ground pepper
you can add 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary, or caraway seeds, or paprika powder, or chilli powder or freshly ground black pepper, whatever you fancy

Preheat oven to 200 degrees

Mix all ingredients together quickly, shape into q dough ball, leave for 30 mins in the fridge to cool.

Then roll out dough to about 1 / 4 inch thickness and cut out with cookie cutter or with a knife to cut strips/straws.
Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Italian style Pizza

Pizza slices
For 6 pieces

ingredients:
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
100 g cream cheese
50 g ground almonds
1 heaped teaspoon carob bean gum or guar gum
pinch of salt
50 g salami, cut into small cubes
40 g of parma ham cut into small cubes
3 slices cooked ham, cut into small cubes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cloves of crushed garlic if liked
100 g sour cream
1 teaspoon oregano
200 g grated Gouda

preparation
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Beat egg whites until very stiff and set aside.
Mix the egg yolk with cream cheese, almonds, carob bean gum and
1 pinch salt until smooth,
Fold in the whipped egg whites.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place 6 oval dough shapes onto it
Bake for 20 minutes in the oven.

Meanwhile prepare the topping.
Add the tomato paste with a little water until smooth
add the sour cream and the oregano to it.
Mix well.
Now, add the salami and ham and garlic if using
and fold in 100 grams of the cheese and mix well again.
Remove the pizza bases after 20 minutes from the oven
and flip them over.
Set oven to 200 degrees
Spread the topping evenly over the bases, sprinkle with remaining cheese, return pizza to the oven and bake until the topping is bubbling and golden brown.

You can vary the topping as you wish, different cheeses, add olives, fish, slices of hard boiled egg, mushrooms, be creative, use your imagination. If you want to add vegetables, ie mushrooms, spinach etc you need to sautee in butter first before adding to topping mix.

I have made pizza using cauliflower crust before and it was lovely, however this recipe here is the tops, almost like a real Italian pizza, I hope you will try it.

Here is a photo of the pizza, scroll down the page for a close up http://lchf.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31 ... zza+zungen
Its become a very popular recipe, not only in our household but with office colleagues and friends as well.

Guar gum powder = http://astrosupplements.com/now-guar-gu ... e=googleps

Carob bean gum powder = http://www.creamsupplies.co.uk/index.ph ... 2&refer=GB

Both these products are a staple in my kitchen - hope this helps.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whitby jet your pizza recipe rocks. Thank you.
It takes so little time and when the rest of the family insist on their takeaway I can munch my own pizza.
My sister enjoyed sharing mine as a trial.
We shared the mixture between us and it came to approx. 13g carb each.I used mozzarella cheese on top and left out the sour cream. Next time I make it I'm going to use the cream cheese with garlic and herbs in the dough.
Tomorrow it's the cheese straws..........
I used Xanthen gum because it was in my cupboard........

WhitbyJet

lunch worries are over:))

2 super duper bread recipes., a doddle to make, I have experimented today, these are worth the effort, trust me.
I have enclosed the links, if you scroll down the pages you can see what these breads look like.
I am in the middle of translating some spread recipes, probably will be ready to post these tomorrow.
This is great, there is your answer to 'what can I have for lunch', I am so excited.

If you have been to Germany or Switzerland you will have eaten bread like this, its very close to the real thing.

4 tablespoon of freshly ground flaxseeds
Mix together approximately 30 g melted butter
Mix with 1 egg
1 pinch sea salt
1 pinch of freshly ground coriander seeds
1 pinch of freshly ground cumin
Then stir 4tbsp of freshly ground flaxseeds

Heat oil in a cereal or salad bowl (diameter about 14 to 15 cm) for about 2 minutes on full power in the microwave.
Then turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool.
Slice in half and top with whatever you want, through and show on your mood
(For persopn who posted this recipe it was butter straight from the alps, Tyrolean bacon and one scrambled egg and cress.).

Do not forget: to drink plenty, otherwise flax seeds can cause constipation.

http://kikilula.blogspot.com/2011/01/au ... stuck.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sesame toasties

The owner of this blog usually doesnt do bread replacements, but these sesame toasties are so delicious she made them a second time.
Sesame toasties are made with sesame seeds instead of flaxseeds.
Mix togeter approx. 50 g (+ 4g carbs/100 g) of sesame seeds, freshly ground, with 2 tablespoons of melted butter and 2 eggs and seasoned with some sea salt.
Then 2 minutes on full power in the microwave, and then cool on a wire rack.

These are ideal for breakfast spread with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon'sugar' (mix cinnamon with sweetener), the owner of this blog had hers topped with roast beef, onion and pwpper strips, seasoned with salt and pepper.

http://kikilula.blogspot.com/2011/08/se ... sties.html

I had a look at comments left on the website, one person said that she has made a whole tray full of these slices, baked them in the oven for 15 minutes at 150C fan oven.

WhitbyJet

Nourishing, comforting soups

Esp for the colder season, all you need is a slice of buttered bread and a bowl of soup.

http://www.lowcarbcooking.co.nz/index.p ... &Itemid=73

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goulash soup

1 yellow onion - chopped

2 cloves garlic - chopped

300 g beef mince

butter

1 / 4 celeriac - diced

1 red pepper - chopped

5 to 6 cups broth/bouillon

400 ml chopped tinned tomatoes

1 tablespoon paprika

1 teaspoon caraway seeds

1 teaspoon marjoram

salt & pepper

cup parsley

crème fraîche

Fry the onions in plenty of butter until they dee through and soft. Place them into a saucepan. Cook the mince in butter, then add to saucepan.
Add the broth, tomatoes, celery, bell pepper, paprika, caraway seeds, marjoram and plenty of pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for approx. 20 - 30 minutes, until the celery is soft. Season with salt.

Serve with crème fraîche and chopped parsley.
http://lchf-bloggen.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... ulasj.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asian Soup with Chicken and Scampi

Quick, easy and good!
Serves 2

2 cups water

2 cups coconut milk

1 / 2 bouillon cube of chicken

1 / 2 Lime

1 to 2 teaspoons chili paste (sambal oelek)

1 1 / 2 tablespoon ginger, grated, fresh

3 / 4 tablespoons fish sauce (Asian)

150 to 200 g chicken fillets without skin

A couple of handfuls ready cooked and peeled prawns

1 / 2 Chinese cabbage or cabbage

50 g Shiitake mushrooms or any other mushrooms

2 spring onions

1 / 2 red chilli

1 / 2 - 1 dl Coriander, fresh

Place water, coconut milk, broth, finely grated rind of lime, lime juice, chili paste, ginger and fish sauce in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.

Cut chicken into strips.

Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes.

Cut Chinese cabbage into strips, slice the mushrooms. Chop the spring onions and chilli, add all to the pan, cook for 5 minutes.
Add the prawns for a minute before the soup is ready. They dont need to boil, just warming through.
Put half the chopped coriander in the soup and stir.

Taste the soup. Maybe you want more zng? Then add a little extra sambal oelek.

Serve with corinder sprinkled on top.
http://lchf-bloggen.blogspot.com/2009/1 ... campi.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Albanian soup pot with meat and leeks

butter

200 g leeks, sliced

300 g minced beef

1 onion - chopped

2 tomatoes

hot beef broth (can be made with stock cubes or boullion powder)

1 red bell pepper - chopped

salt

pepper

chopped parsley
________________________________________________________________________________

Sautee leeks in butter until soft. Place them into a deep casserole dish or in a ovenproof pot.
Fry finely chopped onion. Finely chop the tomatoes and peppers and add to the pot. Pour the broth into the potand bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Finally add the leeks. Bake at 190 ° C for about an hour.
Sprinkle a little chopped curled parsley before serving.

http://lchf-bloggen.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... purre.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
__________________________________________________________________________________

Cauliflower and cheese soup

1 medium cauliflower, about (850g), broken into florets
350g onions, peeled and finely chopped
1tbsp rosemary sprigs
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
2tbsp olive oil or butter
200ml double cream
500ml water
500ml low-salt chicken stock, or vegetable stock if you're making it for vegetarians
125g hard cheese, finely grated
1tsp paprika
Ground black pepper

In a large saucepan heat the oil and stir in the onion and cauliflower, garlic and rosemary. Cook, stirring, for at least 10 mins or until the onion is very soft and a golden colour.
Stir in the cream and water and chicken stock. Season and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer gently for about 30-35 mins or until the cauliflower is very soft.
Cool the soup a little then puree in a blender or processor. Return the soup to the rinsed pan and reheat gently. Dilute, if necessary, with a little extra stock and season.

You can be very posh and grill this soup:
Turn the grill on to high and place the bowls in a roasting dish.
Stir 50g grated hard cheese into the soup and ladle into shallow heatproof soup bowls (the bowls need to be very full full).
Sprinkle the reserved cheese and a little paprika over the soup.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hungarian Mushroom Soup

4 tablespoons butter
2 cups chopped onions
1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon dill weed
1double cream
1 teaspoon salt
freshly ground pepper
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/3 cup sour cream
chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
Directions:
Melt butter over medium heat, using a large pot. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes. Stir in the chicken broth, paprika, soy sauce and dill weed. Reduce to low heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir the double cream into soup and mix well. Simmer, covered, for 10 more minutes.

WhitbyJet

Tuesday - I hope you enjoy this soup, as with all recipes dont be afraid to play around with ingredients/spices.

Testing a curry soup tomorrow, if its as good as it sounds I will add the recipe here.

WhitbyJet

More soups

and a savoury muffin recipe - soups are true comfort foods. good ingredients, wholesome and nourishing. I often make soup in bigger quantity, they freeze really well.

Egg and cheese muffin with mushroom and thyme

Good for breakfast muffins or serve with soup.

This makes 14 muffins

150 to 200 g of chopped mushrooms

butter for frying

12 large eggs

2 cups grated cheese

2 tablespoons double cream

1 to 1 1 / 2 teaspoon dried thyme

1 / 2 teaspoon salt

1 / 2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 small teaspoon baking powder

Butter or oil for greasing

Preheat the oven to 190 ° C. Grease 14 muffin cups with oil or butter. Butter them really well or they will stick to the paper cases.
Fry the mushrooms in a little butter over low heat until the liquid has begun to dry up and mushrooms begin to turn brown. Set aside and let them cool.

Whisk together the eggs. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Mix in the cooled mushrooms.

Divide the egg mixture into muffin tins. Put in the oven and cook for 35 minutes.

Let them stand and cool for 5 minutes before serving them.

http://lchf-bloggen.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... imian.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cream of mushroom soup

300-400 g mushrooms, or use any mixture of different types of mushrooms, eg chanterelle, etc, I sometimes use a pack of frozen field mushrooms.

1 onion, chopped

3 tablespoons butter

2 cups double cream

8 dl stock, made from stock cubes or bouillon

sea salt and pepper, freshly ground

splash of Worcestershire sauce

4 tablespoons sherry (optional)

Saute mushrooms and onions in butter on moderate heat. Add cream and simmer a few minutes on low heat. Add stock and simmer until the mushrooms are soft. Season with salt and pepper. Add sherry if using. Blend the soup using stick blender or food processor.
Serve the soup hot with sauteed strips of leeks, crispy fried bacon or sprinkle of oregano or chunks of fried mushrooms.

Here I have decorated the soup with some fresh oregano. As you may see, I was extra generous with the butter this time. The soup is not as photogenic as the butter will float on top. But good it is seriously good..

http://lchf-bloggen.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... suppe.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squash Soup with Curry

1 tablespoon butter
3 shallots - finely chopped
2 red or yellow peppers, chopped
900 g courgettes, sliced
4 1 / 2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 1 / 2 cup sour cream
salt

Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Fry the onion in the butter for a few minutes until it becomes see translucent and soft.
Add broth, courgettes, peppers and curry powder. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 25-30 minutes until the courgettes are tender.
Take the pan off the heat blend the soup smooth and creamy, you may leave a few green dots in there. Add the sour cream and heat gently. Do not let it boil
Season with spices.

http://lchf-bloggen.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... karri.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cabbage soup (Anyone here remember the cabbage soup diet? Enough to put you off cabbage for the rest of your life, hah? This soup is totally different and super healthy, quickly made)

½ head of cabbage

5 cups chicken broth

5 dl double cream

lemon juice

salt

cayenne pepper

Cut the cabbage into pieces, and put it in a pot with broth and cream. Bring to a boil and let cook until the cabbage is completely tender. It doesn’t take very long, I think about 10 – 15 minutes.

Blend the cabbage until smooth and season with lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper.

The soup can, for example, served with fried cabbage and bacon bits as garrnish.. Or what about smoked salmon off cuts or shrimps?

Here the soup is served with a few prawns and sprinkled with parsley and cayenne.

http://lchf-bloggen.blogspot.com/2011/05/kalsuppe.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mexican meatball soup with coriander

This is a Mexican meatball soup with lots of coriander. The soup is not very hot. If you want it a bit more fiery, you can add a jalapeno pepper, finely chopped and deseeded to the soup.

3 tablespoons butter or oil

1 chopped onion

2 garlic cloves - chopped

2 bay leaves

1 liter of stock made from stock cubes or bouillon powder
1 can chopped tomatoes

1 / 2 cup taco salsa (hot or medium)

1 / 2 bunch coriander - finely chopped

meatballs:

1 cup cream

1 / 2 tablespoon fibrehusk or freshly ground flaxseeds

1 egg

300 g minced beef

300 g minced pork

1 / 2 bunch finely chopped coriander

1 / 2 finely chopped onions

2 cloves garlic - finely chopped

1 / 2 - 1 teaspoon salt

1 / 2 - 1 teaspoon pepper

1 tsp ground cumin

Heat oil in a large saucepan. Fry the garlic, onion and bay leaf until the onion is translucent and soft.

Add the stock, chopped tomatoes, salsa and chopped coriander and bring to a boil. Simmer for approx. 15 minutes, while you make the meatballs.

Whisk together eggs, cream and fiber husks or flaxseeds in a bowl. Let sit for a few minutes. Add all other ingredients for meatballs and mix well. Stir until the dough starts to get a little sticky.

Shape mixture into little balls. Drop them into the soup and simmer gently in the soup for approx. 20 minutes.

Season soup with salt, and possibly more salsa if you want the soup hotter. You may wish to readjust seasoning just before end of cooking time.

http://lchf-bloggen.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... ander.html

WhitbyJet

Lazy accompaniments

A quick and tasty meal, we had the following 2 recipes as anaccompaniment to fried sausages.

Oven roasted pumpkin with thyme and garlic

pumpkin cubes

plenty of olive oil

a good handful of fresh thyme

finely chopped garlic

salt & freshly ground pepper

Mix all ingredients together well. Put everything in a casserole dish. Bake at 200 degrees for approx. 30 minutes.Stirring occaasionally to make sure all the cubes are browned on all sides.
Serve as an accompaniment to poultry, fish or meat.

http://lchf-bloggen.blogspot.com/2011/1 ... an-og.html

And serve with these veggies:

ingredients:
1 broccoli
4 asparagus
4 mushrooms
4 spring onions
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
3 tablespoons sesame oil
Soya sauce or Maggi liquid seasoning
6tpsp of double cream

Break broccoli into florets and cut remaining vegetables into pieces. Mix with sesame seeds and oil. Fry on medium heat 5 min or until vegetables are cooked to your liking.Add double cream to give you a little bit of tangy sauce with it.

http://www.lchfrecept.com/ShowRecepy.aspx?ID=1328

WhitbyJet

Gorgeous desserts!

Soft coconut cake

ingredients:
75 g butter (at room temperature or warm in the microwave for 15-20 sec)
0.5 dl Splenda
1 egg
1.5 cups almond flour
1 cup coconut flakes, preferably toasted
1 teaspoon baking powder
0.5 tsp vanilla powder or essence/extra
about 1 cup 40% cream

Preheat the oven to 175 degrees

Beat butter and sweetener. (I preferto use an electric mixer)
Add the egg and whisk to a batter.
Mix in almond flour, coconut, baking powder, vanilla and cream. Continue to whisk for a further 5 -10 minutes.
Grease and cake tin with butter, sprinkle with coconute. The tin I use is about 20cm in diameter.
Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
Serve with whipped cream.

http://www.lchfrecept.com/ShowRecepy.aspx?ID=1214
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Swiss roll LCHF style
The base:
8 egg whites
100 g nuts, ground (we used hazelnuts and almonds)

The filling:
200 g mascarpone
2 cups cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or essence
Frozen berries (we used raspberries)

To decorate:
20 g dark chocolate (= at least 86%)

Grind nuts and almonds to a flour. This is done most easily with a coffee mill.
Beat the egg whites until stiff, mix together, very gently the nutflours and eggwhites
Spread the mixture over a swiss roll tin, lined with parchment paper.
Bake at 175 degrees in oven for 15 minutes.
Turn out onto another sheet of parchment paper, then brush the parchment paper with cold water, this will help to remove the paper easier.

Filling:
Whisk together the mascarpone, cream and vanilla until it is really creamy.
Spread the filling on the filling, add the frozen, well drained berries, now very gently, using the paper on the underside roll up, doesn’t matter if you use the long side or the short.

Melt chocolate in microwave or over a pan with hot water. Drizzle the melted chocolate over cake roll into any pattern.

Keep cool if not eaten immediately, you can also freeze it and then let defrost at room temperature.

http://www.lchfrecept.com/ShowRecepy.aspx?ID=1007
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick apple pie dessert

Ingredients:
3 apples
2 tablespoons almonds
2 tablespoons hazelnut
2 tablespoons coconut flakes
100 g butter
cinnamon
cardamom
Sweetener of your choice

Whipped cream, flavoured with vanilla essence, powder/extract/
Peel and quarter the apples. Place in suitable oven proof dish, and sprinkle over the cinnamon and cardamom. Mix nuts and coconut, with the butter. Crumble over apples and cook c 20 minutes at 175 degrees until apples are tender and the top is nicely brown.

Serve with whipped cream flavored with vanilla powder.
http://www.lchfrecept.com/ShowRecepy.aspx?ID=1335

WhitbyJet

Surprising radish puffers

This is an amazing recipe, you have to try it. The puffers dont taste of radish, they are very similar to real potato puffers (Latkes), lovely served with a dip of your choice or as an accompaniment to your roasts, fish, meat, sausages. etc.

Radish puffer, makes about about 8 pieces

1 white radish (the one that looks like a big white carrot)
1 onion
3 eggs
1 flat tablespoon guar gum
salt and pepper
oil/butter

Peel and finely dice the onion.
Coarsely grate the radish and sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon of salt, leave to stand for an hour, then squeeze out the liquid.
Place radish in a bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.
Shape into patties, fry in plenty of hot oil, or a mixture of oil and butter, at medium temperature.

http://lchf.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2803

WhitbyJet

Fallenstar, I didnt use Splenda, the original recipe uses sukrin, we dont get that over here, so it was pure guesswork, try a small pinch of the mixture before baking.

The coconut cake is very nice, a change from chocolate cake.

pms543

I love these recipes but wondering if or where I can buy a white radish? Don't think I have seen them here?

WhitbyJet

creamy Piquant Pork Goulash

Creamy Piquant Pork Goulash
2 onions, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp oil or butter
750 g cubed pork
1 / 8 L White Wine (optional)
1/8 L water, stock cube
Salt, pepper, paprika
2 medium sized courgettes, sliced
4 stick (s) fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp lemon juice lemon juice

Preparation:
Heat the oil and fry onions till golden brown add meat, brown on all sides. Add white wine or stock and remaining ingredients except for courgettes and soured cream. Simmer for an hour. Add courgettes, cointinue to simmer for a further 20-30 minutes until courgettes are tender, take off the heat, stir in soured cream to thicken sauce, adjust seasoning if necessary. Add cayenne pepper if you want to liven it up.

Lovely served with a vegetable side dish, cauliflower rice or fritters.

WhitbyJet

Chicken Liver Ragout

Chicken Liver Ragout, cheap and tasty!

500 g chicken livers
100 g smoked streaky bacon
2 shallots or 1 onion
2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
4 tablespoons of sherry or port wine
50 ml chicken stock, salt, pepper
Sage
small tub double cream

Preparation:
Finely dice the bacon.and onions/shallots.Heat the oil. Fry the liver for 3-4 minutes, remove from the pan, add shallots and bacon to the pan and fry until the bacon is brown and crispy, Deglaze with sherry or port wine.
Pour in chicken stock. Add liver and rfehrat gently. Add salt and pepper and sage. Add a good splash of double cream to thicken the sauce.

Serve with low carb veggie mash (mix broccoli, cauliflower, etc), add a pinch of bouillon powder, double cream and a good dollop of butter.
Or with fritters, mashed swede/turnip, anything you like, remember when it comes to potatoes they are really quite boring AND they make our bg spike.

WhitbyJet

2 favourite green bean dishes

2 favourite green bean dishes:

http://www.healthyindulgences.net/2011/ ... green.html

AND this is lovely

Creamed green beans

1 large onion, 3 cloves of garlic
1 stock cube
sliced green beans, frozen will do
double cream
juice of 1/2 lemon, pinch of Splenda
Salt, pepper freshly and finely chopped dill

Fry finely chopped onion and garlic till slightly golden brown, add stock cube andapprox 1/8l of water (just a really tiny amount), cover and simmer until green beans are tender.
Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, Splenda and dill, then stir in the double cream This is truly sumptious and creamy.
Looks like this http://www.gastro-shop.cc/shop/info/307 ... Rahm-450-g

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WhitbyJet

Hugs In A Mug

Some very comforting drinks, for days when you are feeling a bit ropey, have a cold or need a big hug, there it is:

coconut ginger tea

freshly grate ginger, add to half a mug of boiling water, cover and let it steep for around 10 minutes, strain, add coconut milk, heat for approx 1 minute in the microwave, add sweetener of your choice Its less hassle if you have one of those tea infusion eggs. If you prefer you can make this with cream instead of coconut milk.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hot chocolate

In a large mug mix a spoon of good quality cocoa powder with Splenda with hot water to a paste, fill with single cream to the top, microwave for about 1/1/2 minutes, careful now, stir it, make sure its not too hot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

German Christmas punch - alcohol free:
http://lchf.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1481 - it is well worth making the bit of effort

1 Liter boiling water
8 teabags, use fruity blends
3 drops of orange flavouring (eg http://www.oetker.co.uk/oetker_uk/our_p ... tract.html)
Sweetener of your choice

Punch spice mixture:
3 cloves
1/2 tsp cardamom-pods
5-7 allspice kernels
1 star anise
(small piece of cinnamon bark)

Crush roughly using a mortar and pestle, then fill into a tea infusion egg.

Place all ingredients into a big pot and let it steep for a good 10 minutes.

Its wonderfully Christmassy and soothing, you can add a good splash of vodka or similar to give it a bit more oomph
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Egg Nog

Ingredients:
2 eggs
25-50 g of butter
2-3 cup boiling water
sweetener

Any of these flavours:
Cocoa
Cinnamon
Vanilla
Cardamom
Saffron
Mint
Melissa
Cream
Coffee
Nutmeg
good splash of alcohol of your choice

1) Boil water.
2) Melt the meantime the butter in a pan with high edges, such as hand blender bowl.
3) Put in the eggs and seasoning.
4) Pour the boiling water and whisk or blend together a few seconds.

This can be used both cold and hot.

To reheat egg milk, heat it slowly on the stove while you whisk with a hand whisk or fork.

(you may want to shake or whisk after your egg milk has been stood a while in the fridge for example, before going to drink it. Because the fat in egg milk "separate" while standing idle but when shaken / whisked it becomes fine again.)

Its good to make coffee with or add any of the above flavourings, or/and whiskey, rum, vodka, brandy, etc

http://www.lchfrecept.com/ShowRecepy.aspx?ID=27

--------------------------------------------------

Irish Coffee
Ingredients:
4 cl whiskey
2 or more, spoons of Splenda or sweetener of your choice
1 to 1.5 cups of strong coffee (espresso)
about 1 cup double cream

Warm a large stemmed drinking glass, or glasss mug.
Pour in the whiskey and sweetener
Pour in the coffee and stir until sweetener is dissolved.
Slowly fill the glass up to the edge with the cream so that the cream floats on top of the coffee. One trick to avoid the cream mixing with the coffee is to add the cream slowly pouring it over the back of a spoon.
Do not stir, the Coffee / whiskey mixture should be drunk through the cream.

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

Hot chocolate with whipped cream
Ingredients:
3-4 cups single cream or coconut milk
10-15g dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao)
whipped cream
vanilla essence/extract
sweetener

Break the chocolate into a large cup. Pour over a little of the hot cream/coconut milk and stir until chocolate is melted. Fill with remaining cream/coconut milk and top with whipped cream. How decadent is that?
http://www.lchfrecept.com/ShowRecepy.aspx?ID=15
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

Hot chocolate cream and cocoa
Ingredients:
2 tsp (10 g) cocoa powder
1 cup whipping cream, half of it whipped
1 / 2 cup hot water
few drops of orange flavouring (Dr Oetkers is superb for this)
sweetener

Mix the cocoa in a mug with a bit of cold cream and sweetener to a smooth paste. Heat up the water and the UNBEATEN cream, pour into mug, add orange flavouring, top with whipped cream.
Lean back in your favourite armchair, sip slowly, have a few nuts to nibble with it, you wont feel hungry for quite a while either!
-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------

Reactions: 4 people

WhitbyJet

Mushroom Pork Liver

ingredients:
700 g pork liver
300 g mushrooms, sliced
2 green peppers, sliced
100 g tomatoes, chopped
200 g onions, finely chopped
80 g oil/butter
few dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon tomato puree
Salt, pepper freshly ground, a good pinch of marjoram, stock cube, chopped parsley to garnish
150ml water

Heat oil/butter, fry the liver for a few minutes, remove from the pan.
Now add the onions to the pan and fry for a few minutes till golden, add sliced peppers, mushrooms and fry for a couple of minutes.
Now add all the rest of the ingredients and the liver to the pan and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Add a good splash of double cream to thicken the sauce, adjust seasoning if necessary.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley to garnish.

Serve with buttery mashed swede.