Low card bread/rolls

timat22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been following the low card programme for the last 12 months and have lost 20kg so far. Just been informed by Lidl's that the high protein rolls have been discontinued.
Does anybody know any alternatives.
Baking my own is not an option.
Thanks everyone

meandmaboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanx for that, was in Lidl yesterday & didn't see any, thought they had ran out cos it was quite late.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I eat HiLo bread, it’s 5g carbs per slice, they are small slices, but two slices would be roughly the same amount of bread and carb intake to a Lidl bun. I prefer it to the Lidl buns which I found too dense

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After eating my last Lidl roll I bought some Burgen bread, which I haven't tried before I didn't like it as bread, but toasted it is delicious. Between 11g and 12g per slice, but reasonably sized slices. However, it has raised my levels a bit more than the Lidl rolls did. Nothing drastic.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
No Hi-Lo in Sainsbury's this week so my wife got me the new Hovis lo-carb. I'm impressed. Only had it as bread for far, straight from the freezer thawed. Lovely and soft, a good sized slice is 10g, but that's two Hi-Lo in size. Can't quite figure that as the 100g is double, but anyway both do the job.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Livlife from Waitrose or ocado is my favourite it’s 3.8g per slice. I freeze in small packs makes good toast in my opinion.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No Hi-Lo in Sainsbury's this week so my wife got me the new Hovis lo-carb. I'm impressed. Only had it as bread for far, straight from the freezer thawed. Lovely and soft, a good sized slice is 10g, but that's two Hi-Lo in size. Can't quite figure that as the 100g is double, but anyway both do the job.

Our Sainsburys only get something like four loaves delivered twice a week I was told by their bakery staff. So I get it when I see it. It freezes well.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My Sainsburys don't stock it at all.

Oh no! The baker at my Sainsburys says it’s not very popular and they often have to reduce it to sell it off! I’ve never struck lucky so have always paid full price. I’m hoping they don’t stop selling it :nailbiting:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to Lidls and found the protein rolls still on sale so I bought ten - perhaps they have the frozen dough still in stock.

Reactions: meandmaboy

Hanny 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I buy the low GI rolls and bread from lidl bakery they are excellent and I never get sugar spikes when eating them. They are also still selling protein roll at both of my local lidl in Weston super Mare. As an alternative I also buy the Hovis lower carb bread which is very good too.

timat22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thought I'd let you know I tried livlife bread from Waitrose and I find it very tasty, much nicer than Lidl's rolls and only 3.8g carbs per slice. So even if Lidl's restock the rolls don't think I'll return.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought I'd let you know I tried livlife bread from Waitrose and I find it very tasty, much nicer than Lidl's rolls and only 3.8g carbs per slice. So even if Lidl's restock the rolls don't think I'll return.

More for me then! ;)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I bought a loaf of that today to try :)