low fat diets make you mentally more unstable

Status
Not open for further replies.

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
So don't answer them then. Don't see what some people are getting on their high horse about. I enjoy reading discussion threads, but had hoped that we could now have ones that disagree with the former moderators without calls for banning etc. Not all of us know whether we agree or disagree and like to be able to read stuff other than that controlled by a clique of a select few.

Cheers

Ailz

PS I sometimes get the feeling that to participate on this site one is expected to take 'sides' and I don't want to do that.

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
One of the problems sufferers from Fibromyalgia have is low Serotonin. Since I've been eating low carb - and high(ish) fat - I feel better. No great surge of energy, but I don't think I'm so exhausted - I've not had to sleep in an afternoon for a week or two now - though I'm still sleeping 12 - 14 hours a night (not healthy sleep though).

I find this blog interesting. There again at the moment I'm reading anything I can regarding low carb, high/low/medium fat - and protein, energy and so on. I've now run through all the books my local library has and am following half a dozen blogs and several different low carb sites. I've stopped cutting the fat off any meat I eat, eat duck - which I avoided because it was too fatty and have stopped worrying about fats.

C

catherinecherub

ailz said:
So don't answer them then. Don't see what some people are getting on their high horse about. I enjoy reading discussion threads, but had hoped that we could now have ones that disagree with the former moderators without calls for banning etc. Not all of us know whether we agree or disagree and like to be able to read stuff other than that controlled by a clique of a select few.

Cheers

Ailz

PS I sometimes get the feeling that to participate on this site one is expected to take 'sides' and I don't want to do that.

It would make for much better reading if those using an established low carb/high fat diet put forward their views from time to time when these topics crop up. They may all agree or disagree but we will never know. :(
Why you need to attack the previous forum moderators is beyond me. They were fully backed by Admin throughout their time here.

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
I'm not 'attacking' the previous moderators - I just notice that every time someone puts something like this post up - which personally I find interesting - the previous moderators attack it and its instigator and I don't like that. I didn't see why that doctor person was banned for what he said about low carb being high fat. The previous moderators appear to take everything put on this site as personal to them - it isn't it's for everyone. The only reason they got/get personal replies is because they start it, by questioning the person who starts the thread - aggressively in my opinion. I don't comment much - mainly because of their attitude.

Cheers
Ailz

millymole

Thank you ailz, phoenix, AliB - that is exactly why I posted this link. I do take diabetes seriously, I want others to join debate and to think outside the box, to be flexible and openminded.
I do not understand the references to my username, we do measure in millymoles or dont we? Thought its a very apt username? Btw I am a 'he'.
I was warned by others via PM that with my post this certain 'clique of a few select members' are paranoid and immediately expect the worst from anyone who dares to post what appears to be slightly risque that they would immediately club together and jump on the defensive. I am told that if ally555 had been online she would have been part of the clique.
Shame on you, surely prejudice has no place in a forum?
Sadly I have witnessed the crucification of sparkles in another thread of this forum, again by the select clique.
What is so strange about my first post? I came in here full force I know I didnt want to pussyfoot around with introduction because frankly I am not all that interesting enough to write about me.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Your tone and language seems very familiar Millymole.........now where have I read it before? :lol:

Nigel

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
ailz said:

Cheers

Ailz

aliz, the intentions of this thread was not to have a discussion where we could debate, instead it was a childish and silly bet which we did not know until milimol revealed her true intention. This is nothing but deliberately going out of ones way to cause trouble and to derail this forum, hence the calls for the banning of trouble makers.

There is no need to take sides with anyone but the if the intention of a poster is one of deliberate trouble making then that will divide people, those who are against, those who agree with the trouble maker and those that just keep out of it all. Personally I don't believe that anyone wants this kind of provocation in any forum and must be stopped immediately if things are not to get out of hand.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
millymole said:
Thank you ailz, phoenix, AliB - that is exactly why I posted this link. I do take diabetes seriously, I want others to join debate and to think outside the box, to be flexible and openminded.
I do not understand the references to my username, we do measure in millymoles or dont we? Thought its a very apt username? Btw I am a 'he'.
I was warned by others via PM that with my post this certain 'clique of a few select members' are paranoid and immediately expect the worst from anyone who dares to post what appears to be slightly risque that they would immediately club together and jump on the defensive. I am told that if ally555 had been online she would have been part of the clique.
Shame on you, surely prejudice has no place in a forum?
Sadly I have witnessed the crucification of sparkles in another thread of this forum, again by the select clique.
What is so strange about my first post? I came in here full force I know I didnt want to pussyfoot around with introduction because frankly I am not all that interesting enough to write about me.

Your sole intention in posting your OP was to cause trouble so that you can win your childish bet by insulting those who do not follow a high-fat diet which is what you advocate elsewhere, nothing else.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

noblehead said:
Your tone and language seems very familiar Millymole.........now where have I read it before? :lol:

Nigel

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

ailz said:
One of the problems sufferers from Fibromyalgia have is low Serotonin. Since I've been eating low carb - and high(ish) fat - I feel better. No great surge of energy, but I don't think I'm so exhausted - I've not had to sleep in an afternoon for a week or two now - though I'm still sleeping 12 - 14 hours a night (not healthy sleep though).

I find this blog interesting. There again at the moment I'm reading anything I can regarding low carb, high/low/medium fat - and protein, energy and so on. I've now run through all the books my local library has and am following half a dozen blogs and several different low carb sites. I've stopped cutting the fat off any meat I eat, eat duck - which I avoided because it was too fatty and have stopped worrying about fats.

Hmmmm....things are a lot clearer now!

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
I think I'm lost here. The information in the blog seems to be solid.

Cheers
Ailz

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
millymole said:
surely prejudice has no place in a forum?

Couldn't put it better myself Mr Mole, the only problem is that apparently you and your friends are prejudiced against anyone who dares to eat a carbohydrate or two or who doesn't eat a high fat diet.

You see most of the members here are quite happy to accept that people will use a range of different diets to help them control their diabetes their own way, some can not eat a high fat diet due to other medical complications and some just don't want to as they are quite happy, as I am, to eat a lowish carb lowish fat diet.

Incidentally I am not mad, I have been in the 5% club since 3 months after diagnosis, I lost 4 stones in weight and have kept that weight off. Oh, and I came off insulin after twelve months and now just take 1000mg of Metformin Bd, not really what most people what call high bg and loads of meds eh? And shock horror I eat carbs and low fat, so why does that seem to upset you so?

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
How do you eat a low-carb, low-fat diet without reducing your calories to a 'starvation' level of 1200 calories or less. I can maintain my weight on 1000 calories a day - following the healthy eating guidelines. I'm eating low carb - still having some problems in losing weight - but don't see how I can keep it low fat. I'm eating mainly meat, fish, cheese and eggs - all of which are pretty high fat - which is why I say I'm eating high fat(ish) - I must be. How do you keep the carbs down without upping your fat levels?

Cheers
Ailz

millymole

Total paranoia then, I am a genuine member with no hidden agenda. I have never joined any other forum, this is new territory for me. But hey thanks for the welcome. I was warned via PM that this would happen, how about Mod edit: personal comment create their own forum? Would be the answer to all of your problems. You can then nod and agree with each other and **** others off all day long.
There are some very decent honest members in here, and happy to question and debate issues in a civilised manner, no personal attacks needed.
Mod edit: personal comment

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
catherinecherub said:
Do you really think that we are so naive that we didn't realise that this was another mission that you were sent on? Foot soldier springs to mind. People who have been banned from here try their upmost to disrupt this forum from afar, always have and always will. Your intention was very clear from your post. Makes you wonder who is really mentally unstable.

The difference between your Master and this forum is that nobody here is condemned for the way they manage their diabetes and there is support here for everyone.

I don't understand?

This is what I mean by taking sides - I have no master - or mistress - I want to read every blog, every article, everything I can about low carb, low fat, low protein, low blood glucose - and their reverse.

millymole

Me and my friends are against anyone that eats a carbohydrate? Where in Gods name does that come from? What friends? For crying out loud I joined up yesterday, found the forum about a week ago.
Something isnt quite right around here? I am a low carb person, however I do get some good carbs from veg and fruit I eat. I test and eat to my meter. I have read Bernstein and Atkins and similar and I dont follow any of them strictly to the letter.
My personal choice not necessarily yours. I increased fat intake as I lowered obvious carbs and felt it very beneficial in terms of increased energy levels and depression lifted.
Open debate please, no personal attacks, it should be okay to agree to disagree?
Mod edit: personal comment Trying to disrupt the forum?
Who is moderating around here? I hope the moderator and admin read this thread. I am beginning to feel threatened and offended.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

millymole said:
I am a genuine member with no hidden agenda.

So it was someone else who said:
How right I was, ROTFLMBO, what further proof is needed? How significant it was that the select few members had their cages severely rattled. Now guess what I took a wager on it and won!
Increase your fat intake.

millymole

or have you forgotten?

BTW, the word "new" or "newbie" is missing between "genuine" and "member", which is what (almost) all members say when they join. :wink:

I have never joined any other forum, this is new territory for me.

For a first time "newbie" in any forum you sure know how to use forums and post and even use PMs to have conversations with other members where most if not all newbies have problems and have to ask for help as to how to use the facilities in forums, you, sir, must be a genius. Bravo!

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
ailz said:
How do you eat a low-carb, low-fat diet without reducing your calories to a 'starvation' level of 1200 calories or less.

I dont eat a low carb, low fat diet Ailz, I eat a lowish carb lowish fat diet there is a world of difference between low and lowish it would seem :D

A high fat diet can only be beneficial (if indeed it can be beneficial, and as there have been no long term studies done that remains a matter of opinion) as I understand it if one is eating less than about 30g to 40g of carbs a day, if one eats more than this the carbs will be used for energy and the fat will be laid down and stored as body fat. I'm sure someone will be delighted to correct me if I have that wrong :D

I chose not to eat a high fat diet as I dont like fat particularly and have never eaten fatty meat or lots of any fats for that matter. I generally eat somewhere between 60g and 120g of carbs a day depending on many factors but I basically eat to my meter, if my meter tells me that x amount of some carby food pushes my bg up too much then I eat less of that carby food the next time I have it. I prefer to eat every type of food in moderation and not totally exclude any one food group nor gorge on any other, so no high this or low that for me.

It would not surprise me to find out that eating any food group to excess or almost totally denying oneself a particular food group could be harmful in some way to some body organ or other.

Its been said before but for me its everything in moderation. :D

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

ailz said:
I think I'm lost here. The information in the blog seems to be solid.

Cheers
Ailz

About as solid as a piece of fat.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
millymole said:
no personal attacks needed.
Mod edit: personal comment

Isn't that what's called an oxymoron?

:lol: :lol:

Edit... Oh, I see you probably thought the same and edited your own post :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.