Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
From this site :-

LSD and Diabetes
lsd.jpg

LSD is derived from a fungus
LSD is a psychoactive hallucinogenic drug that is manufactured from lysergic acid (LCD is short for lysergic acid diethylamide).

This substance is found in ergot, a type of fungus that grows on rye and other grains.

LSD is usually distributed on sheets of blotting paper that have been dipped in the substance, dried and perforated into small paper squares or 'tabs' (these often bear psychedelic symbols or designs.

It can also be found in several others forms, including powder, thin gelatin squares or as a clear, odourless liquid. It is usually taken orally but can also be rubbed against the skin.

It is not considered to be an addicting drug as it does not produce compulsive drug-seeking behavior like other recreational drugs such as cocaine, heroin alcohol and nicotine

LSD: drug class
In the UK, LSD (or Acid) is categorised as a Class A drug under the UK Misuse of Drugs Act.

People caught in possession of this extremely potent drug can face an unlimited fine and up to seven years in prison. This can extend to life imprisonment for those caught supplying or dealing the drug.

Effects on the body
The impact of LSD on the body varies greatly depending on the amount taken, the user’s environment and mood.

Physical symptoms can include:

• Increased heart rate
  • Increased blood pressure
  • Dilated pupils
  • Higher body temperature
  • Sweating
  • Loss of appetite
  • Sleeplessness
  • Tremors
  • Dry mouth

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Being off your head and hallucinating isn't the best way to manage your BG control.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I personally cannot think why anyone would take this. I have seen the affects of drugs and what they can do to a person......... also you only have the word of the 'dealer' that it is LSD and not something mixed which could cause a lethal reaction to the body and mind.
This is just my own personal view.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes you can take LSD, and then you can hope that it will bring you back again in one piece.

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
Not being interested in taking drugs myself I haven't tried any and don't know much about how they affect you, much less a diabetic, but if as the information provided by @Robinredbreast it seems like a bad idea if your heart rate is up by high or low blood sugar already, otherwise it doesn't look to me to be particularly bad.

I must say it disappoints me how you're being attacked by other posters. It's his body and he's free to do what he wants with it, including taking drugs.

Reactions: Dodo

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not being interested in taking drugs myself I haven't tried any and don't know much about how they affect you, much less a diabetic, but if as the information provided by @Robinredbreast it seems like a bad idea if your heart rate is up by high or low blood sugar already, otherwise it doesn't look to me to be particularly bad.

I must say it disappoints me how you're being attacked by other posters. It's his body and he's free to do what he wants with it, including taking drugs.
Can’t see any attacks ...just decent advice... if you are off your head on drugs, booze or anything else you can’t be in control of your health.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

The Op is entitled to do or use whatever he wants on his body, It is my own personal view regarding taking drugs.
Who's attacking whom @jlarsson ?

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The Op is entitled to do or use whatever he wants on his body, It is my own personal view regarding taking drugs.
Who's attacking whom @jlarsson ?
If you read between the lines, "you're being an idiot for doing it" is to me an attack rather than advice when it doesn't offer any explanation to what would happen if he did take it. Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, but my take is that he's being judged for it rather than getting answers to the actual question. For the record I don't think he should take it either, but I'm not judging him or anyone else for taking or wanting to take them.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you read between the lines, "you're being an idiot for doing it" is to me an attack rather than advice when it doesn't offer any explanation to what would happen if he did take it. Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, but my take is that he's being judged for it rather than getting answers to the actual question. For the record I don't think he should take it either, but I'm not judging him or anyone else for taking or wanting to take them.
So we should be saying.. “hey it’s a great idea fill your boots” ?

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
So we should be saying.. “hey it’s a great idea fill your boots” ?
No, you shouldn't reply at all if you have nothing to say or contribute.

Reactions: kev-w
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Sorry, I know about reading between the lines, but I think you are somewhat confused with my post.
Maybe write another post about what you have just written to me,but to the OP, as he is the one asking the question.
I have not said don't take it or actually said he is being an idiot. Drugs can be a highly touchy subject and people know this, users or not.

Reactions: kev-w

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sorry, I know about reading between the lines, but I think you are somewhat confused with my post.
Maybe write another post about what you have just written to me,but to the OP, as he is the one asking the question.
I have not said don't take it or actually said he is being an idiot. Drugs can be a highly touchy subject and people know this, users or not.
I didn't say you attacked him, you were in fact the only one who actually provided information, which I myself referred to.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No, you shouldn't reply at all if you have nothing to say or contribute.
Question was posted on an open forum ... anyone can read and answer.. my contribution is as valuable (or not) as anyone else’s including yours.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I think the highlighted words above are directed to the OP, I am correct and I agree with you, the Op is free to do whatever he wants to do regarding his mind and body ?

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd recommend not taking it as you won't have much hypo awareness, and not knowing how you'd react to it may remove your ability to self treat any problems.

I don't think I've had a hypo during a trip, but the couple I've had were before digital testing and on set doses so who knows... Pretty colours though :p

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think the highlighted words above are directed to the OP, I am correct and I agree with you, the Op is free to do whatever he wants to do regarding his mind and body ?
Yes, I meant he was getting attacked by others for reasons I've just mentioned, again your post was informative and valuable, unlike the others.

h4kr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I took a lot of acid years ago when younger... it affected me differently based on how I was feeling, who I was with etc. I guess acid paranoia would be my only fear as a diabetic. If you get yourself worked up about bs levels you may think a dose is required and accidentally hypo (or worse), given what insulin can do I would stay away from mind altering substances if you have access to insulin.