LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Greetings, new member here.

My Name is Dan, American expat living in Singapore.
HbA1c test or 9.4%, fasting glucose of 8.3 March 3rd

Doc told me to eat better and exercise, come back in 3 months, next week is my next HbA1c test.
Excited because I know I’m going to nail it : )

Doc didn’t tell me to, but I purchased a monitor (freestyle lite), and got busy hitting the gym.
As per the advice I found on this forum, I cut out the carbs, which is hard to do living in Asia.
BG is mostly stuck in a range between 5 – 6, except I get a spike after HIIT exercise, sometimes up to 7.5, but that only lasts for ~30 minutes.

Anyway, thanks for all the really great advice about going low carb, I’ve lost 35lbs and I feel I’m beginning to get a handle on what I can and can do.

Cheers
~Dan

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Doc told me to eat better and exercise, come back in 3 months, next week is my next HbA1c test.

Doc didn’t tell me to, but I purchased a monitor (freestyle lite), and got busy hitting the gym.
As per the advice I found on this forum, I cut out the carbs, which is hard to do living in Asia.
BG is mostly stuck in a range between 5 – 6, except I get a spike after HIIT exercise, sometimes up to 7.5, but that only lasts for ~30 minutes.

Anyway, thanks for all the really great advice about going low carb, I’ve lost 35lbs and I feel I’m beginning to get a handle on what I can and can do.

Cheers
~Dan
Excellent work!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Cheers
~Dan
Great news and well done.. please come back and let us know your HbA1c result when you get it.
We all love a good success story!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done on taking on low carb! Best of luck for your HbA1c result. Let us know how you get on.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done and keep up the good work. Please let us know what your blood test shows.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Woohoo!
0D730094-35CB-4254-828F-36998A2C9B17.jpeg

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Superb result, @LaoDan. Absolutely inspiring and truly well-deserved.

Go celebrate (low-carb style) and keep up the good work.

Reactions: LaoDan