Lustral/Sertraline.

foolsgold

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wondering if anyone in the forum takes lustral ? Am on 100mg , just wondering if any side effect?

Reactions: 2 people

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
Just wondering if anyone in the forum takes lustral ? Am on 100mg , just wondering if any side effect?

Hiya,

I was on sertraline for about 2 years 100mg like yourself.

I normally react quite well to most medications as I did with sertraline. I experienced common side effects like very dry mouth and tiredness but nothing too worrying !

Though I was really stupid and decided to just come straight off it without medical advice. Don't t do this. I was ok for the first few days and then suddenly it was as though I had acute vertigo. Every time I moved my head to the left or right I became incredibly dizzy. It was really bad. I felt quite nauseas also. Took about two to three weeks for this to go !

Just check out the label and see how it goes. As said I didn't really have any issues with it whilst taking, only when stopping !

KevFitz

Reactions: 2 people

Ellie-70

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Gold,
I am on a similar anti depressant, Lexapro, but I have been on nearly every anti depressant on the market over the last thirty years. Constant tiredness and a dry mouth with perhaps an unpleasant taste in the mouth are the most common symptoms. Feeling thirsty, loss of libido and loss of appetite or increased appetite are also common symptoms. My sister in law took lustral for post natal depression and it benefitted her greatly.
Take care,
Ellie