Made a mistake last night

Spiritedgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Type 2 newly diagnosed and still learning what I can and cant have to eat.the metaformin is really kicking in so hadnt ate much yesterday so was low in calories mmol had been within range all day so I had some strawberries with greek yoghurt on one weetabix which sent my mmol to 13.9 two hours later it was down to 8.7 this morning I tested before breakfast it was still high at 8.1 wont be doing weetabix again !! I want to go out for my walk I usually do about 5-6 k but read that exercise can increase it even more should I wait a couple of hours now I've had breakfast 2 eggs 2 turkey rasher bacon to see if it comes down before I go? Thank you

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Walking will help your blood sugars come down. I walk every day after eating to prevent blood sugar spikes. It's anaerobic exercise, like sprinting or weights which tends to put blood sugars up.

Reactions: Spiritedgirl

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Type 2 newly diagnosed and still learning what I can and cant have to eat.the metaformin is really kicking in so hadnt ate much yesterday so was low in calories mmol had been within range all day so I had some strawberries with greek yoghurt on one weetabix which sent my mmol to 13.9 two hours later it was down to 8.7 this morning I tested before breakfast it was still high at 8.1 wont be doing weetabix again !! I want to go out for my walk I usually do about 5-6 k but read that exercise can increase it even more should I wait a couple of hours now I've had breakfast 2 eggs 2 turkey rasher bacon to see if it comes down before I go? Thank you
When you're doing strenuous exercise, your liver will help out with a liver dump. A long walk, on the contrary, will help you get your blood sugars down as it is a steady, relatively calm way to move. So that'd be fine, or even an excellent idea, really. The weetabix is better off in the bin, but you've already figured that out. Yay for the strawberries and yoghurt though. :)

We all make mistakes, they happen. Back on track, live and learn. You're doing great!

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Walking is great... my dog thinks it's great. It's probably one of the most beneficial exercises you can do for your health.

Reactions: Buzzer81

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. First don't think Calories - think Carbs as the carbs can affect both BS and weight gain. Calories are not a food group and not of much value to us. Set yourself a daily carb target; perhaps 150gm/day but it's up to you based on your BS results and any weight movement. Have enough fats and protein to keep you feeling full.

Reactions: Spiritedgirl