Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Yep. Full on.

Question is. In days of old I would have been chomping through cough/throat sweets etc.
I reek of vicks apparently but it helps no end. Just wondering what I could nibble on to ease the taste of... Well, snot, and take the edge off the sore throat.
Random picky bits will just shoot insulin on top of my livers best efforts.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

FYI bg currently 6.2. Normally mid/low fives. Mince/veg with a tiny bit (20g) of pasta last night was last thing eaten.

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Buttercup syrup works a treat for me with sore-throats. But be cautious as it contains quite a bit of sugar so remember to bolus. Think its 4.4g per 5ml.

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
while i can't say what cough sweets,
i can say that i found ginger to most helpful with breathing ( asthmatic)
and it helped missus last week who was coming down with the much weaker, womanflu.
(said in brotherly solidarity ;))

Get some ginger, slice up about an inch or more, place in pan of water..(think 2 cups of water)
you make it like you'd make tea or coffee, if kettle busted.
bring to boil, simmer gently for 5-10 mins, serve with slice of fresh lemon, and sweeten if needed.
(obv, i can't do that anymore, but i did love it with honey..)

Previous post LINK

Ginger LINK (see 8:25 mins)

Last edited:

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep. Full on.

Question is. In days of old I would have been chomping through cough/throat sweets etc.
I reek of vicks apparently but it helps no end. Just wondering what I could nibble on to ease the taste of... Well, snot, and take the edge off the sore throat.
Random picky bits will just shoot insulin on top of my livers best efforts.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

FYI bg currently 6.2. Normally mid/low fives. Mince/veg with a tiny bit (20g) of pasta last night was last thing eaten.
https://www.strepsils.co.uk/products/dry-scratchy-throat/strepsils-strawberry-sugar-free-lozenges/ I usually go with this one. May say "sod it" and go for honey licorice if the coughing's bad. The ginger tea is a good idea too, as is mint tea. Use saline water to keep my nose clear.

Your BG is only slightly elevated so personally, I wouldn't worry overmuch... I was hitting 9's at the last cold, but that only lasted a day or two, and never went over that. Just feel better soon eh.

Reactions: keefidee