Meat Ban

D

Deleted member 308541

Australia exports a lot of meat both boxed and live to Indonesia's 190 million people who enjoy beef and mutton, also the "peace loving" Saudi's buy live sheep by the shipload at 50000 head at a time to feed the populace there.

In West Australia at the moment there are a couple of ships being loaded with live sheep for the Saudi's.

Money like this is not going to given up without a fight by our meat producers...

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Some people are never satisfied unless they provoke the bear. Changes in latitudes, definite changes in attitudes.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I see it this way:
If I need meat or non-vegetable protein and/or dairy in order to have a healthy life and I can afford the aforesaid, then for me that trumps any concerns about damage to the environment from not being vegan. Sorry, but I am 68yrs old with (deliberately) no children, so I can afford to be a little selfish!

How I agree! The older I get the more thankful I am that
  1. I also made that childlesness decision
  2. I'm fast reaching the end of my useful "shelf life"
and am relieved that I've not been responsible for inflicting this proposed dietary nonsense on any offspring, and hopefully won't have to put up with it on my part for too long.

Robbity

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
Never heard of them / it to be honest.

I will continue to promote meat etc. as I will not be told what to do by mob of galahs...

Tipetoo you reminded me of something...

Old Australian delicasie.. get a galah a brick to tenderise galah. Cook in billy for 6 hrs when tender thow out galah eat the brick. :D

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tipetoo you reminded me of something...

Old Australian delicasie.. get a galah a brick to tenderise galah. Cook in billy for 6 hrs when tender thow out galah eat the brick. :D
Sounds straight out of the Sir Les Patterson school of culture.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some posts have been deleted for disparaging particular ways of eating. Please keep to the thread topic, which is about concerns related to a possible meat ban.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
There is nothing like good reasoned debate, and this thread is also nothing like that, so far as far as I can see every one that has posted has been of like mind I have seen no counter arguments proposed to support a ban on meat.

Maybe and this is no disparagement on vegans or veganism but may be we could see some here sometime and then we could have a proper discussion on the pros and cons of the proposed meat ban.

It could be those here may have a more live and let live attitude and are no more in favor of banning meat than any of us and don't see their WOE as a holy crusade.

So I hope they are in the majority.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
There is nothing like good reasoned debate, and this thread is also nothing like that, so far as far as I can see every one that has posted has been of like mind I have seen no counter arguments proposed to support a ban on meat.

Maybe and this is no disparagement on vegans or veganism but may be we could see some here sometime and then we could have a proper discussion on the pros and cons of the proposed meat ban.

Hi John, It could be those here may have a more live and let live attitude and are no more in favor of banning meat than any of us and don't see their WOE as a holy crusade.

Unfortunately John, from what I can remember looking through the thread a couple of days ago, there was a non meat post (or possibly posts) regarding a disparaging alternative way of eating.
Many a time a 'good reasoned debate' can get way out of hand.
I eat some meat, fish and vegetables, too, I eat a varied diet and I am happy with that.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I will and have eaten vegetarian meals I used to cook vegan for someone who lived with us for a while I don't eat to one particular WOE exclusively as far as I am concerned though I would resent bitterly having it forced on me as such a ban would attempt to do.

I was merely pointing out that if someone could convince me to change my mind it is not going to happen on this thread

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I will and have eaten vegetarian meals I used to cook vegan for someone who lived with us for a while I don't eat to one particular WOE exclusively as far as I am concerned though I would resent bitterly having it forced on me as such a ban would attempt to do.

I was merely pointing out that if someone could convince me to change my mind it is not going to happen on this thread
It is the lack of scientific evidence behind calls for such a ban that concerns me but not as much as the seemingly authoritarian way that such a ban would be enforced on us all. My dinner, my choice.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Soylent Green somehow doesn't seem so far fetched now.

lindisfel

Expert
Vegans are out there dusting down the deck chairs on the Titanic.
But you have to admire their dedication to the planet in eating tofu rather than cheese!
I hope they respect my freedom to eat what I like as I do there's.
But lets face it, in the end all their endeavours will not amount to a hill of beans!
D.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
https://apple.news/Af1DIgXrmQ8KCxUICtAoAKg

Interesting article and study I just saw mentioned on the tv news.

Study says no point in reducing meat consumption for health for individuals. Establishment has a tantrum and tries to defend the advice to eat less.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets

It could be those here may have a more live and let live attitude and are no more in favor of banning meat than any of us and don't see their WOE as a holy crusade.

John, there is no sensible debate against meat. It has the potential to be local - tick, it is the easiest to digest by the majority - tick, it is the most nutrient dense - tick. It has been said to cause diabetes, yet most Type 2's reverse on it - tick, it is said to be a major contributory to climate change, yet the Savory Institute and others prove carbon neutral - tick, it reverses much more than Type 2 (meatheals.com / Paleomedicina) - tick, historic data on human use - tick, highest living populations digesting the most meat - Hong Kong - tick. Despite billions being spent to rubbish meat and tortured data they haven't been able to get out of first gear with the allegations (...but much is believed, this has to urgently be countered).

The danger to meat in my view is dilution in supermarket "products" such as meat with sugar, I have seen minced meat with vegetables, 50 years of collective brain washing on alternative food types being healthier. Non grass feed ruminants. Big industry is desperate to replace livestock farming and the risk of direct sales with centralised multiple ingredient alternatives and or lab equivalents. They have the deepest pockets and even internet giants in their corner. To rebuff them and governments (who are keen to implement change), ordinary members of the public will need to educated as to the slight of hand taking place via Trojan horses that appear acceptable.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Just as a reminder, John, my twist on this is to say if you don’t want a meat ban then make sure all the other factors are taken care of. Then meat need not be touched.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Just shows you how different sets of scientists and experts can review the same data and come up with very different conclusions

Me I shall continue eating my red meat bacon and sausages just as I have always done.

Last edited: