Meat Tax

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Just seen the news, Oldvatr. Sainsbury is indeed shedding 2500 staff and closing its meat, fish and Deli counters. Apologies for my earlier optimism.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On a more positive note, this popped up in a Carnivore Facebook group today.

26CE0789-E46E-4908-A631-9814C361F346.jpg

M

Member496333

It's permanent. According to the CEO of Sainsbury, most of the affected staff will be redeployed within the organization, but the food counters are definitely closing, along with up to 450 Argos stores.

I absolutely don't doubt it. Just saying that, in my local Sainsbury's at least, the meat & fish counters have been mothballed for ages, so I'm not surprised they're cutting staff in that area of the business. You're right, I don't ever expect them to open again. Firstly they'll have calculated the cost savings, and secondly we can be very sure they know all about the attack on the industry. They are likely also not expecting 'rona restrictions to be lifted any time soon. Or ever.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
However, animal free protein won't help my blood sugar levels, which means I doubt if I would even lose weight, and would end up with worse type 2 diabetes.

I include dairy and eggs as animal protein.

I take it the vegetarian and vegan low carb forums here are no good for you?
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/vegetarian-diet-forum.71/

I personally eat meat and fish and dairy (am in New Zealand and only relatively low carb) but can see the argument for less intensive meat farming. I'd probably be vegetarian if I lived in the US (don't trust their meat processing industry).

As for dairy, I personally love it, but supposedly 75% of the world's population are lactose intolerant???

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I take it the vegetarian and vegan low carb forums here are no good for you?
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/vegetarian-diet-forum.71/

I personally eat meat and fish and dairy (am in New Zealand and only relatively low carb) but can see the argument for less intensive meat farming. I'd probably be vegetarian if I lived in the US (don't trust their meat processing industry).

As for dairy, I personally love it, but supposedly 75% of the world's population are lactose intolerant???
I can't have nuts, most legumes ( digestive condition) or soya.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@EllieM I think a huge amount of our meat goes to China for processing, so you are right not to trust. Unless it's a small local farm, which is catching on quickly.

Reactions: EllieM