1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Medtronic Minimed Paradigm Veo insulin pumps

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by sugarless sue, Jan 14, 2010.

1. sugarless sue

sugarless sue · Master

2. Alzibiff

Alzibiff Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Each pump has a serial number and each serial number is logged at Medtronic UK HQ alongside the details of who/which organisation it was supplied to. I wonder how relevant this "news" actually is given tbe date of it - over three weeks ago.

Surely, all users of the Veo pumps who need to know about this 'bug' will have been notified already - and if not - why not?

The article referred to here by Sue (and thank you Sue, for bringing this to the attention of the forum users and viewers), is only half of the story - if the story is a genuine news story and not something to sensationalise an issue which Medtronic are already addressing, shouldn't the journalist who wrote it, also report the version of the software in the Veo (viewed from the main "Status" screen) which needs attention - advising people who have this version of the software, who have not already been contacted, to get in touch with Medtronics? As it is, EVERY Veo user in the country, who comes across this article is likely to be set into a panic - and most likely for no good reason.

Am I giving Medtronic and the PCTs too much credit? Am I being too critical of the journalism?

Alan

3. cugila

cugila · Master

4. meela83

meela83 · Well-Known Member

I got mine a couple on the 23rd of December so I am assuming there is no problem with the pump that I have. I don't use the bolus reminder but do use the wireless meter option, certainly haven't noticed any issues and have decided not to turn the function off, but thank you for bringing it to my attention :)

5. berryheadpie

berryheadpie · Member

i use a554 havent noticed any problems either

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook