Medtronic Minimed Paradigm Veo insulin pumps

Alzibiff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Each pump has a serial number and each serial number is logged at Medtronic UK HQ alongside the details of who/which organisation it was supplied to. I wonder how relevant this "news" actually is given tbe date of it - over three weeks ago.

Surely, all users of the Veo pumps who need to know about this 'bug' will have been notified already - and if not - why not?

The article referred to here by Sue (and thank you Sue, for bringing this to the attention of the forum users and viewers), is only half of the story - if the story is a genuine news story and not something to sensationalise an issue which Medtronic are already addressing, shouldn't the journalist who wrote it, also report the version of the software in the Veo (viewed from the main "Status" screen) which needs attention - advising people who have this version of the software, who have not already been contacted, to get in touch with Medtronics? As it is, EVERY Veo user in the country, who comes across this article is likely to be set into a panic - and most likely for no good reason.

Am I giving Medtronic and the PCTs too much credit? Am I being too critical of the journalism?

Alan

meela83

I got mine a couple on the 23rd of December so I am assuming there is no problem with the pump that I have. I don't use the bolus reminder but do use the wireless meter option, certainly haven't noticed any issues and have decided not to turn the function off, but thank you for bringing it to my attention :)