Meter read "LO"

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If this happens again Hale I would try to get a pump. Although pumps are not briiliant all the time, once the basal flow has been adjusted to suit, most hypos are only mildish and are easy to rectify.

Took me a while to work that one out after getting mine lol. What used to work on mdi, meant by doing the same with pump I was over treating the hypo, alot. Does take alot less to correct.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the freestyle optium - thanks Smidge

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

The closest in the magazine is the Freestyle Optium Neo and that reads down to 1.1 and up to 27.8

Smidge

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If this happens again Hale I would try to get a pump. Although pumps are not briiliant all the time, once the basal flow has been adjusted to suit, most hypos are only mildish and are easy to rectify.

Pump assessment on the 18th. This us pretty high on my list of reasons why I want one!

Reactions: 2 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The closest in the magazine is the Freestyle Optium Neo and that reads down to 1.1 and up to 27.8

Smidge

I hope I won't need to see the top end of the meter too!

Interesting to know :)

JayneJordon

I had my first reading of "lo" today

I knew I was hypo, I didn't realise I had crashed so hard.

So looks like the rest of my evening will be spent try to get rid of the taste of the lucozade (boke) and nursing my post low headache

Hope everyone else has had a better day!

Hi there I knew I had been in Hypo for a couple of days bouncing up and down trying to find a balance, my doc told me
Never to check my bloods as I'm diet only, just borrowed my
Mums old kit and it says 'low' I guess that result will stop the guess work out of my evening! X

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there I knew I had been in Hypo for a couple of days bouncing up and down trying to find a balance, my doc told me
Never to check my bloods as I'm diet only, just borrowed my
Mums old kit and it says 'low' I guess that result will stop the guess work out of my evening! X
If you are diet only what are you balancing?

D

Deleted Account

Where did you hear that?
I have a pump and whilst I get less hypos than pre-pump, the ones I get are are certainly not all mild ... unfortunately.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Where did you hear that?
I have a pump and whilst I get less hypos than pre-pump, the ones I get are are certainly not all mild ... unfortunately.
Um, that post was written about 4 years ago.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I'm sure (but might be mistaken) that the lowest reading on a bg meter is 1.1mmol/l then after that it reads LOW, either way it's still a shock to see that on your meter so hope your OK now hale.
I've used several different meters and never had them give me a number less than 2 (and yes, I have had lows!), so I think it depends on the meter...
Oh dear, just realised how old the original post is :)