Meter readings

Pompeygirl

Hi im new to this and i have been using an accu check aviva to monitor my blood sugar for a week or so now. I have noticed that when i have retested straight away (when the first one doesnt feel right) that the second can be as much as 1 or more different. Is this usual for a meter to have this kind of accuracy range?

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
It is not unknown for a retest to differ as so many factors can influence a reading including the manufacturer's tollerences in test strips. Also the meters themselves are + or - 10% either way. I have Aviva Nano and would expect the same .. I look for trends and consider retesting a waste of precious strips as I only get a single pot each month.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I agree with Hobs. Re-testing is pretty pointless unless maybe extremely high or low. 2 readings will very rarely be the same. What do you mean when you say first one. "Doesn 't feel right?"

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Pompeygirl

Thank you for your replied. What i mean is i guess when i expect it to be lower. I have only been doing it for a week or so, but generally when i get home from work and before my tea i have been having lower readings but a couple have been over 12