Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
No, not from any side effects...

From the size of the tablets!.

My usual prescription comes in relatively small tablets easily washed down with a drink, but..

Collected my last batch and watched with concern as the Pharmacist heaved a sack at me akin to Santa Claus’ when he has a present FOR EVERY CHILD in it and, with a wan smile, wished me “Good luck with that!” as I dragged it out the door.

Okay, I’m exaggerating...but not by much. These things are huge. Snapped in half they still dwarf any of my other tablets and I’m pretty sure they’ve given me the box marked “For Elephants use only”!

Apparently they contain exactly the same active (and I presume bone idle) ingredients as my last bunch so why they should be so large remains a mystery to me..

Now please excuse me whilst I find my pestle and mortar and grind them down to mere gravel!

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
Strange - I was recently on 10mg Atorvastatin and they were tiny. So small in fact that I was always worried about dropping one when I put them in my pill box in case my lovely dog gobbled them up! If you want large, try magnesium citrate 200mg! Not a medical recommendation of course.

Reactions: Patrick66

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Apparently they contain exactly the same active (and I presume bone idle) ingredients as my last bunch so why they should be so large remains a mystery to me..
Are you sure he didn't give you the suppository edition? :rolleyes:

leeweeks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
White sauces mayo saldcream coldslaw all rank ;and has no place on planet earth. Same goes for Robbie Williams "if toothache was a noise that would be it"
My metaformin have always been at lest four times bigger than other tablets and the reson a can't use a pill box .

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope I never get the ‘elephant sized’ Metformin, the ones I have are plenty big enough for me!

D

Deleted member 308541

My 500 mg Metformin XR is only just a little bigger than the 40 mg Olmesartan blood pressure tablet I take.. A couple of the supplements I take are a bit bigger than them as well (not in pix).

thtnTdr.jpg

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My 500 mg Metformin XR is only just a little bigger than the 40 mg Olmesartan blood pressure tablet I take.. A couple of the supplements I take are a bit bigger than them as well (not in pix).

thtnTdr.jpg
That’s a fair few smarties. And I thought I had a lot of meds to take. I do sometimes forget what I have taken in a day if I am distracted.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
I take up to 28 pills a day, some much larger than the Metformin. In my experience the smaller the pill the more difficult it is to swallow. Prednisolone the white ones are the worst.
But we are all different. Good luck.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No, not from any side effects...

From the size of the tablets!.

My usual prescription comes in relatively small tablets easily washed down with a drink, but..

Collected my last batch and watched with concern as the Pharmacist heaved a sack at me akin to Santa Claus’ when he has a present FOR EVERY CHILD in it and, with a wan smile, wished me “Good luck with that!” as I dragged it out the door.

Okay, I’m exaggerating...but not by much. These things are huge. Snapped in half they still dwarf any of my other tablets and I’m pretty sure they’ve given me the box marked “For Elephants use only”!

Now please excuse me whilst I find my pestle and mortar and grind them down to mere gravel!
Nice to see a sense of humour there, Patrick.

Reactions: jjraak
D

Deleted member 308541

That’s a fair few smarties. And I thought I had a lot of meds to take. I do sometimes forget what I have taken in a day if I am distracted.
That's the morning ration, I take another nine tablets spread during the day and evening.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just started taking my first regular tablets, one a day, at age 71, is that a record?

Reactions: Listlad

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I take up to 28 pills a day, some much larger than the Metformin. In my experience the smaller the pill the more difficult it is to swallow. Prednisolone the white ones are the worst.
Wow, says me looking for the long whistle rating emoticon.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nice to see a sense of humour there, Patrick.
I do try. Or, as my partner days, “You are very trying!” ...which I think is the same thing.

I like to write light hearted stuff ..and take the Michael out of life, and myself.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Depends who produces the tablets. Different brands come in different sizes. My previous Metformin were quite small and round, these are huge oblongs. I only take 16 tables, got some catching up to do lol.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do try. Or, as my partner days, “You are very trying!” ...which I think is the same thing.

I like to write light hearted stuff ..and take the Michael out of life, and myself.
I agree. The same messages can be conveyed but make for more interesting reading.

The best man I know personally in the world of advocacy always says that a good story is the way to get a point across. And he is right.

M

Member496333

I do sometimes forget what I have taken in a day if I am distracted.

I used a smartphone app called Medisafe. Great for tracking your medications. Keeps a record of what you have taken and what you have left, and has a great notification system to remind you when to take things and when you’re running low. Very customisable and it has a comprehensive medicine cabinet that you can also manually add things to if they’re not in the built-in lists.

I’m an Apple man but I’m guessing it’s also available on other platforms.