Metoformin

Perminder1

Hi all good evening how much does metofirmin actually help to control blood glucose is diet and exercise regime more important,?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Diet is far more important.
As far as I have read, metformin slows down the amount of sugar your liver produces but does nothing against what you eat, so diet is the key. Exercise does help as well of course, but I believe diet is the most important thing.

Note: I'm T1 and don't take metformin so that is what I'm led to believe by reading various posts about metformin.

Reactions: Perminder1

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes, Metformin reduces the background output of glucose from the liver. It never affects BS by more than around 1 to 2mmol depending on dose.

Perminder1

Hi. Yes, Metformin reduces the background output of glucose from the liver. It never affects BS by more than around 1 to 2mmol depending on dose.
Thanks for this so I am measuring 4.5 to 6 fasting and 5 to 6.5 2 hrs after after evrning meal also complete change of diet and exercise I am taking 3 metomorfin a day at moment so do you think most of this due to my diet changes was diagnosed t2 march 29 with h 96...

Reactions: SVB

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for this so I am measuring 4.5 to 6 fasting and 5 to 6.5 2 hrs after after evrning meal also complete change of diet and exercise I am taking 3 metomorfin a day at moment so do you think most of this due to my diet changes was diagnosed t2 march 29 with h 96...
That'd be the diet, not the metformin. So, WELL DONE! :)