Mg and K

ghost_whistler

Are there any good sources of Magnesium and Potassium that don't rely on chemicals and bulking agents? Losalt, like table salt, has some scary looking anti-bulking agents added, and I've yet to find a Magnesium supplement (I take Citrate capsules from Holland and Barrett) also have these kinds of additives. I get the feeling you'd struggle to find anything without such stuff on the high street (ie at an affordable price).

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Maybe check out Betteryou. This company does a Mg product which is transdermal I think. I am looking for a good Mg and Vitamin K2 combination. Any suggestions welcomed.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use pink Himalayan salt in place of table salt. It has various minerals including potassium and magnesium and slightly lower sodium content. I use it each morning in my coconut ‘porridge’ recipe and whenever a recipe calls for salt.
EDIT to agree with Dr Snoddy, I use magnesium spray on my feet and ankles to prevent night cramps.

CoastGirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you enjoy having a bath then adding Dead Sea salts and relaxing for 20 minutes is a convenient way of absorbing both magnesium and potassium in the right quantities. I do this a couple of times a week just before bed as it aids a peaceful nights sleep too :).

ghost_whistler

I use pink Himalayan salt in place of table salt. It has various minerals including potassium and magnesium and slightly lower sodium content. I use it each morning in my coconut ‘porridge’ recipe and whenever a recipe calls for salt.
EDIT to agree with Dr Snoddy, I use magnesium spray on my feet and ankles to prevent night cramps.
Himalayan salts are out of my price range, but i'm really talking about K and Mg. Losalt is recommended for K, but it's not pure

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you know you are deficient in Magnesium and Potassium? Have your blood tests revealed this, and do you have symptoms?
I ask because if not, then why take supplements?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Himalayan salts are out of my price range, but i'm really talking about K and Mg. Losalt is recommended for K, but it's not pure
Tesco Finest pink Himalayan salt £3.10 comes in its own mill. Ok not as cheap as bog standard table salt but won’t break the bank!

ghost_whistler

Do you know you are deficient in Magnesium and Potassium? Have your blood tests revealed this, and do you have symptoms?
I ask because if not, then why take supplements?
No idea. I supplement these and have done so ever since i changed my diet as that is consistently advised. It may well be that I get enough, but K is required in a high amount so I'm not sure about that

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sodium is about half the intake from salt. So that's about 3g which is, iirc, the minimum. LC requires a little more for reasons just mentioned: low carb flushes out a lot of sodium
The pink Himalayan salt would last 28 days on 3G per day then. Not such a bad deal!