middle names

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
paul-1976 said:
lrw60 said:
paul-1976 said:
Mine are inspired by my fathers love of simon and garfunkel and my mothers love of Elvis Presley so win a coconut and guess what they are 8)

Bridge over sequined costume??

Or could your name be Paul Aaron ........?

You're getting VERY warm :wink:

Paul Arthur (or Art) Aaron?

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I'll give you a clue..my first middle name completes the full name of a singer and my second one is the 'kings' middle name.. 8)

lrw60

Dislikes
paul-1976 said:
I'll give you a clue..my first middle name completes the full name of a singer and my second one is the 'kings' middle name.. 8)

One last go.

Paul (fairly certain about THAT!)
Simon (again, a fair bet. Art was a fantastic singer, but paul was probably the driving genius)
Aaron (Best all round singer in the world? There might be some who can sing some songs better. But he sang them all so well)

You, Sir, are a tease! My mum warned me about men like you......
:lol: :crazy:

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
lrw60 said:
paul-1976 said:

One last go.

Simon (again, a fair bet. Art was a fantastic singer, but paul was probably the driving genius)
Aaron (Best all round singer in the world? There might be some who can sing some songs better. But he sang them all so well)

:lol: YAY!!!! :D Spot on!!! :clap: One 'Virtual' coconut awarded to you! :D

RainbowBrite

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was named Jamie after my grandad who was James (mum & dad longed for a boy!!) and my middle names are Campbell Aloysius. His full name was James Aloysius (aloo-i-sious) Campbell so I have his full name...I'm proud of it for that reason but I don't give it away much ;)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Mine's Susan. I am so not a Susan. Thank god I got a first name, but get this, I chose my third name when I got confirmed and chose Bernadette??!!! Hmmm. More schooling needed, I mean it's not cool is it! :lol:

lrw60

Dislikes
RainbowBrite said:
I was named Jamie after my grandad who was James (mum & dad longed for a boy!!) and my middle names are Campbell Aloysius. His full name was James Aloysius (aloo-i-sious) Campbell so I have his full name...I'm proud of it for that reason but I don't give it away much ;)

When I was a little boy (60 now) my next door neighbour was called Enoch Aloysius McMasters. Great name for a great man.

RainbowBrite

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I was a little boy (60 now) my next door neighbour was called Enoch Aloysius McMasters. Great name for a great man.[/quote]

I love that name :)

lrw60

Dislikes
paul-1976 said:
lrw60 said:
paul-1976 said:

One last go.

:lol: YAY!!!! :D Spot on!!! :clap: One 'Virtual' coconut awarded to you! :D

What's the carbs in a virtual coconut? :mrgreen:

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
My middle name is Paige. I should start going by that as my first name, at least people would be able to actually say it :lol:

heatherj

I have two middle names, Jean Addison. My three siblings also have Addison as a second middle name, its a family name that we think should have actually been my grandfathers surname. The Jean was just a name that my parents liked :)
I work in a rest home, and there are quite a few residents there who go by middle names rather than their first names.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Giverny said:
My middle name is Paige. I should start going by that as my first name, at least people would be able to actually say it :lol:

It would be really good if your surname is Turner :lol:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
xAoifex said:
My middle name is Seren, it means "star" in Welsh. My Mother is Irish and my father Welsh so I got a mixed name. Not sure why I didn't get it as a first name as it's far less likely to be mispronounced and misspelt!

Oooh I 'love' this name Seren - wish I had it as my middle name .
It sounds quite Danish actually when spoken .

Anna Seren it looks and sounds VERY nice - me tinks !

Dad wanted me to be Anna Liesel after her [eldest girl] in the sound of music .
Mother said no - just leave her as Anna .
Thanks mum for this :thumbup:

hornplayer

Mum tells me that I nearly got called Seren. ( Angharad and Rhiannon were also in the running) So how come I got stuck with Stephanie??!?! ( foot stamp temper tantrum! )

I know you can change your name but, seriously, what would I change it to?? And wouldn't that be just a bit weird?

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
I must say what an intersting topic this has turned into. Thank you all for your partcipation, I really didn't expect this level of intrigue :)

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
My middle name is Jane not that unusual but when at primary school their was three Nicola Jane s and a Nicola, perhaps we could start a thread about names and ages, certain people of certain ages have certain names,

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Lol! My sister is Nicola Jane as well. There were loads at school. :)

hornplayer

Further to my "I hate my name" rant, met a child (17 or so) on a tour last week with the same first and last names as me. - What a BRAT! Didn't help that she was a string player and was used to being coddled, but, arrogant, vain, rude, disrespectful, - you name it! The strings got a bit of a shock when they met the brass and wind staff! I must have sent her back to bed at least 3 times a night and the looks she gave me!! I must say that, in my eyes, the name really suited her!