Mild flu or cold is over, yet BG still higher than before...

D@n1el

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
I am aware (thanks to this forum) that a flu or a cold can raise BG. But for how many days/weeks one should expect higher or erratic BG after the cold or flu symptoms have disappeared?

My BG was finally showing values below 80 mg/dL after months of effort (carnivore/no carb/low carb/moderately low carb, IF, and resistance training/jogging).

Then, I've first noticed mild flu/cold symptoms 10 days ago, and it all changed. I was back to prediabetes levels.
Since 5 days ago, I have no cold/flu symptoms anymore. Yet, my BG stays over 100 mg/dL. In fact it is somewhat erratic, it could be over 100 for 3 days, then one day I get 88, and then back to >100 again.

Could still be the flu/cold messing with the BG?

I am not sure if there's something else. I've raised my nutrients about 10%-15% a month ago, because I kept losing weight (1,79cm, 62kg, BMI = 19,35) and I would like to improve my muscle percentage. Since I've raised my daily nutrients, they are 2500-2700 kcal, 30g-40g carb, 110-120g protein, 200-220g fat. My weight seems to be stable now. I'm not sure, but maybe I'm building some muscle, which is a very difficult thing for me to do.

I practice jogging 3 days a week and resistance training 5 days a week. Sometimes, immediately after training, still in the morning, I have for dessert a very small chocolate bar (20g-25g max), but even with the chocolate I never eat more than 30-40g net carbs a day. My BG got the best weeks ever before the flu, even with those carbs and the eventual dessert.

Then the flu came. Not sure which is to blame: the flu or the diet. Any guess?