Moderation on diabetes.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindisfel

Expert
There are some conditions that are taboo to joke about unless you are a sufferer.

I didn't think much of a friend joking about my locally advanced prostrate cancer therapy when I had it some years ago.
It is not funny being a chemical eunuch.
I would imagine it is a very difficult bind calculating and injecting insulin throughout ones life.
regards
D.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are some conditions that are taboo to joke about unless you are a sufferer.

I didn't think much of a friend joking about my locally advanced prostrate cancer therapy when I had it some years ago.
It is not funny being a chemical eunuch.
I would imagine it is a very difficult bind calculating and injecting insulin throughout ones life.
regards
D.
I agree it must be a bind. It's also a bind having carried around 8 stones excess weight for many years due to insulin resistance and the onset of T2. None of the diets I tried worked.

K

Kat100

It wouldn't be right to publicize it though. Until this Summer having more than one Id was perfectly acceptable according to the rules.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for the mods. Damned if they do and damned if they don't. Consistency and fairness is all I really want from them. It really must be a thankless task.
I have forgotten where to check the rules now :)
My head is spinning with all the new threads .. Good though ..better to get it all out ..

Reactions: 2 people

lindisfel

Expert
I agree it must be a bind. It's also a bind having carried around 8 stones excess weight for many years due to insulin resistance and the onset of T2. None of the diets I tried worked.
You look to be doing well Zand, you'll get there with LCHF!
D.

K

Kat100

I can't find them either :rolleyes:
I have never read them as far as I can remember .. Perhaps Daisy could attach them in her post ..
I just pick it up as I go along :wideyed:
A rules button then I can check them .. Well you can't always keep,up to much going on ..

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have never read them as far as I can remember .. Perhaps Daisy could attach them in her post ..
I just pick it up as I go along :wideyed:
Well I read them again back in the Summer because I didn't want any more warnings. I found them easily enough then lol.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a lchf t1. I have long arms, live with a t2,

I'll get me hat. I luv a wedding.! ;)

image.jpeg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
LMAO I think after 23yrs together he'd be in shock! So would his mother.

My wife & I didn't enter into marriage lightly.. It took 10 minutes during a break at work to organise.. She didn't want to dress up like a cake. & I was happy with that. :p

Reactions: 3 people

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well past a white wedding- no cake cos we low carb. Rather spend money on a hols. Can't be church cos 2 different religions. I'm a catholic atheist and he's Church of Scotland Jewish. We are really good together cos he does as I say.

Reactions: 7 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Well past a white wedding- no cake cos we low carb. Rather spend money on a hols. Can't be church cos 2 different religions. I'm a catholic atheist and he's Church of Scotland Jewish. We are really good together cos he does as I say.

Just as it should be, got to get them well trained....right from the start.....

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Funny enough. We "pre-mooned" first, wed, I took off to go gigging in Europe. Then thought about an engagement ring two years later on an anniversary.. Registry office. The witnesses were a guitarist and a BA stewardess.. Job done!

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it really going off topic though? The topic is moderation. Do we want to be able to chat together like this when a thread is dying down anyway? Or do we want the chat cut short by a mod threatening warnings? This is what used to happen when threads were nearing a close, we would have a chat and a laugh and feel like we were truly part of a community. If anyone has any serious points to add then they can still do so. I think we all want to feel that we are wanted here and some of my first posts, when I wasn't brave enough to talk about serious stuff, were made joining in this type of chat. I felt I belonged.

I can see that threads that are never-ending like the 'what have you eaten today?' thread shouldn't be derailed as it's a useful resource for newbies and anyone else too. Threads like this one? I like the chatter. It helps us to get to know one another.

Reactions: 6 people

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
As @zand has opined, I agree that this thread is indeed coming to an end. I would like to thank you for all your views which will inform the way forward. Thank you also for the PMs received from those who felt unable to post in the thread. They were very illuminating.

Regards

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.