1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Moderation on diabetes.co.uk

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Osidge, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Never be made to feel you have to back down by bullies .. So easy to leave a place...Due to sometimes the behaviour of others ..
    Hope you don't mind me saying this .. I was just thinking of examples .. Not putting them here though , well I might after Christmas I like your time is valuable .. So true .. Take care .. X

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

I have to confess, @Alisonjane10 the use of the term 'do one' if I wasn't from a region that uses that term affectionately I would have also thought you were about to leave.

Just shows how things we say can be misunderstood.
    Glad you cleared it up.
    :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Trust .. Now that's a hard one .. Not intended to offend anyone in particular though .. Because it's Christmas and it can be a time to reflect ..

I once was given a leading question by a moderator .. I don't think I was alone ..
    You see you think you trust moderators .. Well I did ..

I followed that star ..the star pointing me in one direction ..

It was a strange journey .. I thought I was still here helping out this stable .. Helping a shinning light ..
    But no I was lead to a place of darkness and dislike .. (for me it was )

There was back stabbing and dislike .. I felt very alarmed ..

I left as soon as I could , I was sad and lonely . I felt very let down ..

But now I know how mislead I was .. It was an awful experience .. One I should never of been put in ..

That's just part of my story ..
    My donkey made a very quick exit from that journey I followed .. The light went out, there was no golden star to follow at all ..
    We each have our own journey ..that's only right ..but not to be used .. Or laughed at ..

But how did I get the pathway to follow that star .. Well that's a worry ..

Moderation at its worse .. An awful time I had .. So who monitors the wise who are sent to protect us ..

Yes a new brighter future .. To review and change ..all for the better ..

#123 Kat100, Dec 23, 2015 at 4:02 PM
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  4. sanguine

sanguine Type 2 · Well-Known Member

No problem Alison, and the same wishes to you. Well done on that 31 HbA1c by the way :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,
    I have been on a number of different forums and found members behave better when their is light touch moderation.
    As a relatively newish poster here, is there a reference to the forum rules on site and who the Mods are?
    It would seem reasonable and is normal procedure.
    Some forums have odd rules, one I was on was an American non political site and the word Bush was proscribed so some called him shrubbery to get round the auto deletion.
    Another, when talking of human specie would not allow the genus homo to be mentioned.
    It deleted the generic name of the different human species!
    One found it all rather amusing, but it is nice to know what the ground rules on any forum are that one is on.
    regards
    D.

• Like Like x 2
    #125 lindisfel, Dec 23, 2015 at 4:22 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2015
  6. Simon84

Simon84 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

there was a topic about lancashire ages ago and sumone mentioned cheese,,,i replied with a wallace and gromit quote and a mod deleted it,,i asked why and got a official warning sayin i entered a thread to cause trouble!! moderation is ott on here and makes me hardly want 2 post after that

• Like Like x 7
  7. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Lol. @freddy2 & @Simon84

I posted a pictorial joke about injecting at the table at the last supper.. "One of you will betray me.. It's the needlephobic."
    Satire can get deleted... o_O

I love the interT banter. & there is some great advice on carbs too.. I feel if a mod finds some humour could be "near the knuckle"? PM the participant/s & check out the nature it was intended. I apreciate we have different tastes & moderation styles can reflect on this..

Humour is how some of us survive.. :D

• Like Like x 7
  8. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

One of my brushes with a mod came when that mod answered a poster's question incorrectly (factually incorrect that is, not an opinion). I had the gall to correct that mod, very politely, then found my post deleted, got a warning, but the mod's post remained. I don't think the mod meant to give incorrect advice, I think it was just incorrect use of the English language, but it was very misleading to the OP, and was not amended. I have seen this happen before. Mods need to be prepared to be challenged or corrected. If they can't take the heat they must stay out of the kitchen.

• Like Like x 8
  9. satindoll

satindoll Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Not that I would, but if I were to call the t1's who want a separate forum for themselves "Ignorant Pigs" I would get banned and my post deleted, but apparently its ok for them to call me "White Noise" and carry on regardless......is this fair, I think not.

• Like Like x 9
  10. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

When a T2 makes a compassionate prompt response to a T1's worries in a thread, even if it's just to let them know they are acknowledged until another T1 comes along, These derogatory comments from a T1 are hurtful..

I do find myself saddened by these comments...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mrs Vimes

Mrs Vimes Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Time for a group hug? I'll hug anyone.

Satindoll how rude to be called "white noise". Definitely not fair. As a T1 I welcome advice from any type knowing that I would check it out as well.

• Like Like x 9
  12. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Hug back ((( ))) a supportive intervention I like .. For all ..
    Hug button required ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mrs Vimes

I'm a lchf t1. I have long arms, live with a t2, dad was t2, umpteen of his brothers and sisters were t2. 4 of us cousins are t1. 2 of us diagnosed in our 20s, one when he was 46. Dads mum was t2. Her mum was t1- died before insulin.
    All the t2's were slim on diagnosis. My dad was definitely not lazy. He trained like he was still boxing - the bare knuckle type.
    Don't kick me out the forum cos I'm t1. Please!!!!!!!! I like it here.

• Like Like x 9
  14. Mrs Vimes

Won't somebody think of the children?!!

• Like Like x 4
  15. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Lol past caring lol and it's Christmas lol :headphone::headphone::headphone:

16. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

All types welcome I thought lol

• Like Like x 2
  17. satindoll

satindoll Type 2 · Well-Known Member

No problem MrsV, I know lots of t1's on here who are wonderful people, its just the odd one or two who make life unpleasant for the rest of us,

• Like Like x 3
  18. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

It's always just the few ....
    I would like to know who is who using different names at the same time ..
    Discussed in the admin thread yesterday ..

19. freddy2

freddy2 Type 2 · BANNED

when we post, there is an ISP number shown to admin, it's just a matter of matching the number and there is a search function for that. but even if they use an ISP mask, you can pick up the patterns

20. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

It wouldn't be right to publicize it though. Until this Summer having more than one Id was perfectly acceptable according to the rules.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for the mods. Damned if they do and damned if they don't. Consistency and fairness is all I really want from them. It really must be a thankless task.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook