Morning All. Feeling Down.

Paulgrayston

Morning people. feeling bit down today. not like being off work. now dvla need a medical form from Dr. told me the other week don't need it. no matter who you talk to always different answers. just feel so fed up hitting rock bottom. I put on a front with others but when alone I just don't feel anything

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Paul, I'm not type 1, just weird!

The anxiety you are feeling and the emotional tide you are on, are asymptomatic of diabetics.
I have been there as have many others on here. You can get past this.
It is a similar state of mind as bereavement.
There are stages that you go through, till you do improve.

It's important to be as positive as possible in your circumstances.
Give yourself targets, do something you like to do, or something different.

You may wish to talk to your medical team, as they will know you better than me, to talk to someone to give you a little belief in yourself. Hopefully, there are better times ahead and getting control and seeing its no where near as bad as you believe it is now. There are T1 diabetics who post, have lived with the condition for decades.

Never give up and fight, it can be controlled, while you can, learn, read, discover and put into practice, how you want to treat your condition.

Keep asking questions, there is always someone to answer.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Sorry to hear you're feeling down today @Paulgrayston - you go through alot of emotions in the early days, I find getting out into the fresh air helps me alot, so try and find somewhere nice and quiet to carry yourself off to, helps to clear the mind. I had to do the same with the DVLA, was a bit low about that but you'll get over it fairly quickly once it's done. Try and talk to those around you too rather than putting on a front, the pressure of putting on a front won't help so don't be afraid to open up ;)

Reactions: 2 people

bootyful0

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
running
Hi @Paulgrayston, Sorry to hear you're feeling off beat. Hang on in there . Like Juicyj said It will get better. It happens to us all. When I'm down I try to spend some time in the day thinking about something I like, anything to take my mind away from whats upsetting me. Right now I'm thinking about a lovely dress I can,t afford (or fit into for that matter) but the dress is so nice it makes me smile. You may not want a dress, but give it a go. Take 20 mins out of each day to think about things you like. It works Honest. :p