Mrs May has her chips!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Poor woman, first her clothes, then her hair, now her food! Lord help her if she's ever caught having a glass of alcohol!

What-are-Theresa-May-s-views-on-pubs.jpg

The only thing i have in common with her! :)

Reactions: dbr10 and AM1874

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Matteo-Renzi-a-Napoli-maestro-pizzaiolo-gli-regala-Margherita-con-dedica-5.jpg

Someone should warn Mrs May that for a diabeting going in an offical visit in Naples could be tricky for carb counting... ;-)

Reactions: JamesC1

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Expect the media were looking/hoping for a Ed Miliband moment where he was awkwardly eating that burger :D

But politicians (especially the Conservative Party) do the eating chips thing in public to show people they are in touch with the common people, in the run-up to the last election Call-Me-Dave was photoed eating fish & chips quite a few times.

I seen the cone of chips that the PM was eating, it was quite small and at best it would contain 40-50g of carbs, I'd imagine she is quite aware of the fact that fat causes a delayed bg rise and would have bolused accordingly, type 1 doesn't stop you from eating chips as long as it's something that you don't eat on a daily basis.

Reactions: dbr10

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
But politicians (especially the Conservative Party) do the eating chips thing in public to show people they are in touch with the common people,

Not if the have to pay US$12.99 a portion.

Fresh cut New Brunswick russet potatoes fried to a crisp, golden brown in French-imported goose fat, served up with a dollop of Merlot ketchup: that's what $12.99 will get you at Gulliver's World Cafe in Gagetown, courtesy of chef Thane Mallory.

Reactions: CHIET1

lindisfel

Expert
My wife and I once had fish and chips in Bodega Bay of Hitcock the birds fame. They were the worst tasting fish and chips I've ever had. Even worse than the enormous portions of catfish I had near Corpus Christi that I struggled to eat but since I'd paid for it I had to get it down! D.
Not if the have to pay US$12.99 a portion.

Fresh cut New Brunswick russet potatoes fried to a crisp, golden brown in French-imported goose fat, served up with a dollop of Merlot ketchup: that's what $12.99 will get you at Gulliver's World Cafe in Gagetown, courtesy of chef Thane Mallory.

Last edited:

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
She must be as she was only diagnosed a few years ago and obviously isn't a T2 thru weight and went quickly onto insulin.
Las time I checked, @Bluetit1802 and @Daibell, age is not the sole prerequisite for a LADA diagnosis. "Classic" T1 can present at absolutely any age - and as such, to assume that our PM is LADA is a pretty hefty assumption at that.

Just because she's 'over the hill', does not automatically qualify her as LADA - she may just be a T1D without the bells and whistles:)

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers

Nidge247

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria, @Debzz_ - I think the main concern here is more the difficulty of administering exogenous insulin in the public eye; rather than "what's wrong with a diabetic eating chips?". When you're one of the most likely people in the country to make headline news; you're probably even more likely to do so with an insulin pen hanging out your abdomen or a cone of chips in one hand and a BG monitor in the other:)

As far as I can see, that was the focal point of @Nidge247's post.
@GrantGam

Yes, that was the point of my post - I hadn't considered the use of a pump as I have no experience of such.

However, it has made for some interesting replies!:woot:

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Discussed at some length nearly 4 years ago. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/theresa-may-and-her-shocking-disease.45217/ She's not my friend but the press and probably all media types these days really seem to be about as low as you can get almost to the point of just making stuff up.
Thanks for the link, but her diabetes type/sub-type is no concern of mine - nor are prior discussions before I joined the forum.

I was just pointing out that T1 has the ability to strike at any age. Being old does not automatically make you LADA:)

Last edited:

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Matteo-Renzi-a-Napoli-maestro-pizzaiolo-gli-regala-Margherita-con-dedica-5.jpg

Someone should warn Mrs May that for a diabeting going in an offical visit in Naples could be tricky for carb counting... ;-)

Easy. I've just spent 4 days in Naples. Lots of fish or meat, salads and veg. . With a drop of red wine of course.x

Reactions: CHIET1

Johnjoe13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Let her eat chips if she wants I for one don't care, there's going to be more of this **** over the coming weeks and more :( in this god forsaken country. Still I live in hope Corbin chokes on his chips

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I was just pointing out that T1 has the ability to strike at any age. Being old does not automatically make you LADA
Like you I don't give a monkeys, I was merely pointing out the existence of a prior discussion on this particular topic.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Don't live the diabetic life in manacles. Live as you choose, but understand you have limitations. It is not a prison sentence so don't let the world imprison you.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Easy. I've just spent 4 days in Naples. Lots of fish or meat, salads and veg. . With a drop of red wine of course.x
If you are the Italian Prime Minister and you're meeting the association of Neapolitan cooks I think you''l have to eat pizza. Besides a "margherita" made with buffalo mozzarella and fresh tomato sauce and well cooked like they make there on small shops is really good.

lindisfel

Expert
I hope she never says "Let them eat chips!" and then decides to go to France! We know what they do to ladies who say,"Let them eat cake!"
Let her eat chips if she wants I for one don't care, there's going to be more of this **** over the coming weeks and more :( in this god forsaken country. Still I live in hope Corbin chokes on his chips

Last edited:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Expect the media were looking/hoping for a Ed Miliband moment where he was awkwardly eating that burger :D

But politicians (especially the Conservative Party) do the eating chips thing in public to show people they are in touch with the common people, in the run-up to the last election Call-Me-Dave was photoed eating fish & chips quite a few times.

18222234_10158492964835005_5613820408053628397_n.jpg

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Poor woman, first her clothes, then her hair, now her food! Lord help her if she's ever caught having a glass of alcohol!
Adam Bolton on Sky was talking about her top when she met the Queen. Unbelievable.