My 15 Minutes Of Fame - Thanks To This Forum

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks to @Dajana who works here on the forum, I was featured in an article on this website earlier this year. My story has more recently been picked up by the press office and today following an interview last week, I have my 15 mins of fame in the Oxford Mail newspaper today. I have also been invited to take part in a live interview on BBC Radio Oxford in a couple of week’s time and I’m waiting to hear back from a national magazine who want to publish my story too! I’m so proud to be able to help spread the low carb message :happy:
http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/16...ds-nearly-six-stone-after-diabetes-diagnosis/
PS I guess I will change my Avatar to the real me now my cover’s been blown :joyful::hilarious:
See told you you were a superstar! now it's coming true...

Geoffno6

Thanks to @Dajana who works here on the forum, I was featured in an article on this website earlier this year. My story has more recently been picked up by the press office and today following an interview last week, I have my 15 mins of fame in the Oxford Mail newspaper today. I have also been invited to take part in a live interview on BBC Radio Oxford in a couple of week’s time and I’m waiting to hear back from a national magazine who want to publish my story too! I’m so proud to be able to help spread the low carb message :happy:
http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/16...ds-nearly-six-stone-after-diabetes-diagnosis/
PS I guess I will change my Avatar to the real me now my cover’s been blown :joyful::hilarious:

Well done @Rachox !! You mentioned the fame, I assume you get the fortune too?

Reactions: Debandez and Prem51

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good on you, getting the message out there is great. It was this forum that was mainly responsible for me getting into remission. It's so much nicer to see the real you and not an avatar, I wish I was as brave as you.:)

Reactions: jayney27

Dajana

@Rachox I'm very pleased for you and I look forward to hopefully seeing you in person in Birmingham in a couple of weeks time. Best wishes!

Reactions: Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox I'm very pleased for you and I look forward to hopefully seeing you in person in Birmingham in a couple of weeks time. Best wishes!
Yes, I’ll be there! Look forward to meeting you!

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Great article for a great person! Well done @Rachox

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congrats @Rachox I thought it was you when I got the email. You have given so much support to so many people, you deserve the fame (and the fortune!)

caroline_92

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very well done you! On so many levels
And lovely to see your face at last, although I did a double take when you first popped up on my phone & hoped some virus hadn’t got in
and taken over the forum!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations @Rachox . I think you have been very brave telling your story to the local press. Well done superstar. :)

I love your "real you" picture. x

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox you are amazing.

You have turned your health around with the added bonus of losing weight. A lot of weight. You look fantabulous. I can see you feel fantabulous. You always took time while travelling on your own journey to share your knowledge and help others on theirs. Nothing was ever too much trouble. You were one of those who helped me knock this beast out of the water. I can't thank you enough. And you are looking at different ways you can help others still.

Looking forward to our Birmingham event where ALL TOGETHER we can spread the word. This is going to be an amazing opportunity to really get it out there..not just one voice but many!!! Thanks @Dajana for starting this ball rolling.

Ps i love the fact your cover has been blown and we can see the real you :) it's a Fab photo. Love it.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
And lovely to see your face at last, although I did a double take when you first popped up on my phone & hoped some virus hadn’t got in
You don't look like a virus, though :watching:. You look like a very nice person!