My 15 Minutes Of Fame - Thanks To This Forum

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You don't look like a virus, though :watching:. You look like a very nice person!
I’m glad it’s not just me that wondered what she meant! :joyful: Thank you, I hope I’m nice :angelic:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you, I hope I’m nice :angelic:
You definitely are! At least to look at and according to your posts. No way to know if you're a horrible person in real life of course :wacky:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You definitely are! At least to look at and according to your posts. No way to know if you're a horrible person in real life of course :wacky:
I could be a Jeckle and Hyde!:wacky:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Rachox i know I’ve already mentioned your fame in another thread, I hadn’t seen this one until now so wanted to join in by saying what a great help you have been and still are to me.
You have always taken time to answer my questions and given good advice. You have motivated me and above all always been friendly.
I wish nothing but good things for you health wise and personally, thank you for everything you have done to help me on this often bumpy road “diabetes” x

caroline_92

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m glad it’s not just me that wondered what she meant! :joyful: Thank you, I hope I’m nice :angelic:
You are very nice & a great photo! Sorry if you thought I was being rude, it really wasn’t meant like that.
It constantly amazes me how comments are read differently by different people, but then I guess that is part of the joy of this forum

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are very nice & a great photo! Sorry if you thought I was being rude, it really wasn’t meant like that.
It constantly amazes me how comments are read differently by different people, but then I guess that is part of the joy of this forum

No I didn’t think for one minute you were being rude, I was just a little puzzled, that’s all. No offence taken at all x

Reactions: caroline_92

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great article @Rachox, you are a great example of someone who walks the walk and talks the talk. Both things been equally important in getting the word out.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Well done. Fantastic achievement. Also brave and so helpful to come out in the media and tell your story. Opens you up to good and unfortunately bad comments from "the bottom half of the internet" but absolutely the right thing to do.
It is understandable but slightly a shame that the media focus on weight rather than on blood sugars, but I guess that sells the story and makes it more widely inspirational. Most of us T2’s (as I know you do) see weight loss as a tool to reduce BG, not the other way around.

You’ve done brilliantly and should be really proud. Also as a newbie in the last 3 months I can say that you are one of the most helpful, constructive and balanced contributors to this site and I’m sure I’m not the only one that appreciates that. Thank you.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments in support of my efforts to get the low carb message out there. Whilst I try to help others, at the same time I’m doing that it keeps me focused on my own health too. It’s a thin tight rope which is all too easy to fall off if we don’t keep concentrating.

Reactions: Antje77 and Diakat

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Team mate! :)

Oddly, i saw the article in a DCUK news email this morning..

Congrats @Rachox on the new you! :cool:

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done. Fantastic achievement. Also brave and so helpful to come out in the media and tell your story. Opens you up to good and unfortunately bad comments from "the bottom half of the internet" but absolutely the right thing to do.
It is understandable but slightly a shame that the media focus on weight rather than on blood sugars, but I guess that sells the story and makes it more widely inspirational. Most of us T2’s (as I know you do) see weight loss as a tool to reduce BG, not the other way around.

You’ve done brilliantly and should be really proud. Also as a newbie in the last 3 months I can say that you are one of the most helpful, constructive and balanced contributors to this site and I’m sure I’m not the only one that appreciates that. Thank you.
hi rachael
i am hi jacking rhubarb73s post because i agree with every thing he posted..... and it takes me forever to type it all out !!!!
youve done well,,,,inspirational!.......

Reactions: Prem51

JanetMcDowell

Thanks to @Dajana who works here on the forum, I was featured in an article on this website earlier this year. My story has more recently been picked up by the press office and today following an interview last week, I have my 15 mins of fame in the Oxford Mail newspaper today. I have also been invited to take part in a live interview on BBC Radio Oxford in a couple of week’s time and I’m waiting to hear back from a national magazine who want to publish my story too! I’m so proud to be able to help spread the low carb message :happy:
http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/16...ds-nearly-six-stone-after-diabetes-diagnosis/
PS I guess I will change my Avatar to the real me now my cover’s been blown :joyful::hilarious:

Just seen your article for the first time tonight. Well done Rachel you have done really well. You deserve to be proud at spreading the word to others. Xx

Terryp

@Rachox hi rachox, I have read with intrigue your report. Would you be able to link me at all please to the low carb diet you mention. I am pulling my teeth out at the moment trying to figure out what and when and would welcome seeing someone's ideas. Thank you in advance and well done.

Terry

Reactions: Serena51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox hi rachox, I have read with intrigue your report. Would you be able to link me at all please to the low carb diet you mention. I am pulling my teeth out at the moment trying to figure out what and when and would welcome seeing someone's ideas. Thank you in advance and well done.

Terry
It’s the low carb program on this website. It was free when I registered, now there is a charge but it is a one off charge for life. However it has recently been given Qismet (Quality Institute for Self Management Education and Training) approval for NHS prescription, in effect making it free for diabetics on medication.

Geoffno6

Just listened to you on Radio Oxford’ Sunday morning Sophie Law programme @Rachox Aren’t you eloquent! So calm too, well you sounded very calm and composed! Big well done to you.
For anyone wanting to hear it it’s at about 8.41 or 2hours 41 minutes into the show on this link at the moment.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/live:bbc_radio_oxford
You might need to scroll back through the programmes though if your listening later.

Reactions: Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just listened to you on Radio Oxford’ Sunday morning Sophie Law programme @Rachox Aren’t you eloquent! So calm too, well you sounded very calm and composed! Big well done to you.
For anyone wanting to hear it it’s at about 8.41 or 2hours 41 minutes into the show on this link at the moment.
You might need to scroll back through the programmes though if your listening later.

Thank you for your kind words. I didn’t feel calm and composed! :joyful:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

@Rachox what a great interview..

Edit to add GLOBAL SUPERSTAR!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The link that @Geoffno6 posted is to Radio Oxford live so doesn’t reach my interview now as Sophie Law’s program has finished. If anyone wants to listen to it it will be available via this link:
Hope that works!
Edit: No that doesn’t work either. I’ll try and post a link when the program is posted to iPlayer