My Foolproof plan.....

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my annual review this morning with my nice DSN.

My HbA1c is now 22, with cholesterol all still looking good.

I thought I would take this opportunity to "share" my foolproof 10 Point Plan to kick T2D in the unmentionables.

You must follow all 10 points for this to work.

1. Remove all obvious Carbohydrates from your diet immediately

2. If your HCP prescribes Metformin, take it. It will help.

3. Be patient. Wait until your BG levels are regularly in the non-diabetic range before you experiment or try to find substitutes for your favourite Carbs.

4. Don't over complicate it. It's really simple.

5. Don't obsess over your FBG levels. A Liver Dump is a normal thing, celebrate the fact that your body works properly.

6. Don't over Test (see points 4 & 5)

7. Listen and take notice of @Brunneria @AndBreathe @zand @nosher8355 @Daibell @NoCrbs4Me @Squire Fulwood @Mike D @13lizanne @Clivethedrive these, and many others (apologies to those I missed out) are my heroes.

8. Follow @GeoffersTaylor diet to the letter (minus the McDonalds, KFC, Beer & Merlot :eek: )

9. Errrrrrrrr...............

PS. If you get a PM from the Mods, don't argue, take it on the chin and move on.

Reactions: 14 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Awww, thank you.

You know that we merely stand on the shoulders of giants, don't you?
Ppl like @Grazer @Heathenlass @Spiker @borofergie (again, apologies to those left out)

Also Kraft, Bernstein, Jenny Ruhl, Ivor Cummings, Voleck, Phinney... the list is endless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Very humbling @britishpub and I thank you deeply for the kind words. Fact is I learned much of what I need to know from many in your list as they were diagnosed long before I joined this forum ....and indeed some other very wise people ...

But again, most kind :)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
You can take McDonalds, KFC, Beer & Merlot out of my diet when you prise my cold,dead hand off of them

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I thought I would take this opportunity to "share" my foolproof 10 Point Plan to kick T2D in the unmentionables.

3. Be patient. Wait until your BG levels are regularly in the non-diabetic range before you experiment or try to find substitutes for your favourite Carbs.

5. Don't obsess over your FBG levels. A Liver Dump is a normal thing, celebrate the fact that your body works properly.

7. Listen and take notice of @Brunneria @AndBreathe @zand @nosher8355 @Daibell @NoCrbs4Me @Squire Fulwood @Mike D @13lizanne @Clivethedrive these, and many others (apologies to those I missed out) are my heroes.

8. Follow @GeoffersTaylor diet to the letter (minus the McDonalds, KFC, Beer & Merlot :eek: )

PS. If you get a PM from the Mods, don't argue, take it on the chin and move on.

There have been many fabulous posters along my "diabetic journey"; some of whom are still here and others who have moved onto pastures new, but on your list, you really need to have @Pipp and @andcol .

I think it's noteworthy to say, from my own, personal perspective, that I learned a massive, massive amount from a bunch of T1s too, but then my goals were always around blood glucose management, without reference to weight-loss or remission/reversal/cure/kickinginthebits* (* select your own descriptor ).

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Thanks for the vote of confidence @britishpub I am humbled!

Just one point! 8. If you do mucky dos , order the salad (without dressing of course!)

Point 1 0. Should be, don't give up! Battle, be a bloody nuisance and demand good Health care!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I would say thanks to those that helped me, but I've been told off enough!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks very much for the mention, you have made my day. :) I wouldn't have been able to help anyone without those who helped me. Including those others have mentioned together with @Dillinger and some good guys who can unfortunately no longer post here....Andy12345, Paul_1976, mo1905, jack412, nomistheman, Baruney.

Well done on your excellent results @britishpub You can help me get ones that good now. ;):D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

@britishpub Amazing results. Well done.
I thought I had noticed a very low Hb1c in your signature today. I had thought 26 was incredible but to continue to get it even lower is amazing. I think you can give your 10 point plan as you have earned the right to be heard with your results. Just out of curiosity do you know anyone with a lower HbA1c than 22? Is there a lower limit?

Neohdiver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I'd quibble that there is no such thing as overtesting - at least in the beginning. In the absence of CGM, testing very frequently to understand my responses to new foods that I eat has been essential. Many people would call what I do over-testing but once I had the universe nearly surrounded, I barely had to test at all - until I changed universes 4 weeks ago. :)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd quibble

I take it you didn't understand Point 3.

I despair at the number of newly diagnosed T2D who spend the first few months constantly experimenting from a position of weakness (High BG's) rather than waiting until they achieve a position of strength (Low BG's)

Strangely many of these people never appear to reach their goals.

But if people want to do it a different way, all power to them. It's a journey, and each and every person is different so no one size fits all.

Neohdiver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take it you didn't understand Point 3.

I despair at the number of newly diagnosed T2D who spend the first few months constantly experimenting from a position of weakness (High BG's) rather than waiting until they achieve a position of strength (Low BG's)

Strangely many of these people never appear to reach their goals.

But if people want to do it a different way, all power to them. It's a journey, and each and every person is different so no one size fits all.
I don't see that point 3 relates to point 6 at all, unless you're suggesting that newly diagnosed T2D folks should just eat nothing at all for the first few months (which would be the only way there would be nothing to test).

Even if you're keeping it simple (point 4, which your point 6 referenced), and recognize that your fasting blood glucose will take a long while to normalize (point 5, which your point 5 referenced), you still need to test and see how your body is reacting to whatever it is you are feeding it, until you have a track record with that food that you can rely on - even if what you're feeding it theoretically should not cause elevated BG because it has close to zero carbs.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi @britishpub

Amazing determination and commitment and results that speak for themselves. I would add yourself to that group of regulars that provide such great advice on this forum.

I suppose you can now call your diabetes .....................?:)

Cheers