My mum passed away this evening.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So sorry to hear your sad news. Losing your mum is like losing your heart God bless and big hugs x

Reactions: 3 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
So sorry to hear that Marilyn.Sincerest condolences to all the family :(

Reactions: 2 people

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mazzer so sorry to hear your news. I agree with all jack412 has said. I am convinced my own Mum didn't want me to be with her when she died as she didn't want me to be even more upset. Your Mum would have known you were on your way and been comforted by that. You don't need to be with her to say Goodbye.

Big hugs and love,
Take care
Suzanne

Many thanks Zand for those comforting words, both you and @jack412 are right and time is a great healer. I have a lot to sort out, which is the bit I hate most, but I have two lovely brothers to help me.

Take care

Love Marilyn xx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Have a safe journey today Marilyn, our memories of loved ones are such wonderful precious things. take care RRB X

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
So sad for you .... it's so hard losing your Mum xx

" Goodbyes are not forever, Goodbyes are not the end,
They simply say we'll miss you, Until we meet again "

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
So sorry for your loss - take as much time as you need, and remember we're always here if you need to talk about anything. Take care x

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry to hear your news Mazzer. My Mum died in similar circumstances, with me several hundreds of miles away, a number of years ago now. It's horrid. But, over time, I take comfort knowing she wasn't bed-bound or hospitalised for a long time leading up to the end, as that was something she really didn't want.

Don't rush through the sorting out. Most of that can wait a while. One of the things I found helpful was the "Tell Us Once" service you should hear about when registering your Mum's death. It was extremely useful, and saved a lot of work:

https://www.gov.uk/after-a-death/organisations-you-need-to-contact-and-tell-us-once

Look after yourself, and think happy about happy times with your Mum..

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Condolences to you & yours at this very sad time.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Maralyn. So sorry for your loss. Our friendship with our Mums is so special. Take care. HugsMo x

C

chris lowe

Condolences on your loss. A mum is such a special person in your life but she will always be in your heart and I'm sure you have wonderful memories of her that I know you will find a comfort in the times ahead. My mum passed 6 years ago and I still think of her and the things we did together. Treasure the memories and the good times you had together. Huggs to you