My Name Is.....

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Enough already with the sheep! :eek:
I work with sheep, go for a blood test and the nurse is talking about sheep, the family chat is about ...sheep . I open the curtains in the morning and see SHEEP! (Unless it's winter, then thankfully it's dark :D , no sheep)

I'm surrounded by the blasted things, so I come on here for respite, and .......they;re everywhere !:rolleyes:

I now know I'm losing my mind - I swear I read @zand is thinking of a trip to Oz to do ironing ? :eek:

Signy
ps. Sheep eat mints. And just about anything the buggers arent supposed to. Including people.
I'll do my best not to mention them at all today. We have cows on our drive at the moment....are you OK with cows?

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone translate this?

SI SENORA DER DAGO
FORTE LORREZ INAROW
DEMARNT LORREZ
DEM ARE TRUX
FULLA COWSN SHEEPSAND DUX

j.

Yes, Senora, there they go
Forty lorries in a row.
They aren't lorries,
Them are trucks
Full of cows and (shudders) sheep and ducks :D

Hoya hamr ower ere
( Ancient Geordie/ Native American Chant )

Signy

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been wondering where you were Ms Bond, Jane Bond.

Have you been off on a mission of utmost national secrecy? If so, spill all. I won't tell a soul.

Nice to be missed :)

No world saving this week, it's not been a good one though. My mother in law (actually she's not now, but that's a whole other story!) was diagnosed with cancer on Tuesday,and it's well advanced:( So it's been a full on week back and forth to hospital and definitely a challenging week, in all kinds of ways, not least because she too is diabetic, and the hospitals's management of this has been ***** .:banghead:

She is being moved to a hospice today, so I'm hoping things will be a little easier in her care management.

Signy

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Next week I will tell you about drop bears. The vicious buggers that attack by dropping on you if you walk under a tree

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
File:Dropbear.jpg
File:Dropbear.jpg

We don't have them where I live. They aren't all over Australia
http://australianmuseum.net.au/drop-bear

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We went to Llandudno in November a couple of years ago. I'm not aerodynamic enough to do any of that walking nonsense, so we did the tourist thing - drive to view and admire it (and horizontal driving rain) from inside car, or inside cafe.

It was brill.

There's a cute little cafe on the road round great Orme. No running water, apparently, which must be a bit of a challenge.

Anyway, as we sat there, the wind rattling the windows, the door, and the draft cutting my feet off at the ankles, a little Jack Russell dog appeared running down the hill. It bounced about, crossed the road, explored the car park, checked the bins, widdled up one of our tyres and then sat on the low wall.

2 mins later, a car drew up, the side door opened. The Jack Russell hopped in, and the car drove off.

As I say, brill.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice to be missed :)

No world saving this week, it's not been a good one though. My mother in law (actually she's not now, but that's a whole other story!) was diagnosed with cancer on Tuesday,and it's well advanced:( So it's been a full on week back and forth to hospital and definitely a challenging week, in all kinds of ways, not least because she too is diabetic, and the hospitals's management of this has been ***** .:banghead:

She is being moved to a hospice today, so I'm hoping things will be a little easier in her care management.

Signy

So sorry to hear. Poor all of you.

I hope the hospice make her more comfortable.

Hug.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No we just give that to tourists as a joke.... It's always good for a laugh

We'll go 4x4 and I'll show you drop bears
dZfKQ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll take a drop bear over a spider, any day.

And if any of you f*****s start posting spider pics on this thread, I'll pop over and swap all you artificial sweeteners for pure glucose, you see if I don't!

And I'll never speak to any of you again.

And I'll IGNORE you all till the end of time

And I'll have nightmares

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

And if any of you f*****s start posting spider pics on this thread, I'll pop over and swap all you artificial sweeteners for pure glucose, you see if I don't!

And I'll have nightmares
I don't want you to have nightmares. Nightmares aren't nice. x:(

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

And I'll have nightmares

No spider pictures,
That would be cruel.
Spiders hate having their pictures taken .

Signy

Reactions: 7 people

Alan S

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snake oil salespeople and other slime who try to profit from our condition.
Next week I will tell you about drop bears. The vicious buggers that attack by dropping on you if you walk under a tree
Ssshhh!

We're not supposed to mention them...the tourists are already scared of our snakes and spiders, we don't want to tell them the awful truth or nobody will visit.

Reactions: 4 people