My problem with weightloss

Glyko

I have a problem with cravings. Even after I've eaten a meal, I feel like eating a little bit of this and that. I have stress in my body and low energy, and food serves as help. Has anyone experienced being an emotional eater?
How did you deal with it? How on earth can I lose weight?
I feel hopeless. My blood pressure is high and I need to lose weight for my overall health, but I end up eating food in the evenings above my caloric intake. Why can't I be more disciplined?
I get emotions and then I can't cope, I'm talking to a therapist but they told me to drink water and wait...

Is there hope?
Also, LCHF is so caloric dense. I would like to eat larger portions to feel more satisfied but that's freaking impossible.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks for reading.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I wouldn't be limiting calories.
It has never worked successfully for me as a weight loss technique.

Eat as low carb as you can to satiety.

Maybe try limiting your eating window rather than your eating?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a look at Jen unwins book "Fork in the Road" .lots about emotional eating, low carb and good links to follow up.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A low carb dish such as cauliflower cheese, or swede based bubble and squeak might make you feel more content - along with protein and fat.
I lost quite a lot of weight quite by accident - without even thinking about calories, never mind counting them. Low carb seems to do something very strange, make calories go negative. Dr Atkins found that people lost weight even when eating more calories, not less than their usual diet.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
One thing that works for me is getting out of the house. I just go for a walk, sit at the park or something. Helps prevent me from grazing.

Reactions: Ceppo

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm a terrible over-eater, but when I manage to stay off the carbs, and keep my portions sensible, my appetite does drop. I like to stave off hunger with fancy Chinese teas and coffee too: that helps with the 'treat' side of the equation.