My Symptoms Persist

Triceraptors

I wrote in the past about being tested negative for type 1 antibodies and having been on keto diet. Today, I decided to try to take a plunge and ate around 200g of youghurt (14g carbs) and chicken with vegetables. My heart is beating really fast, I am sweating and my blood glucose is through the roof (7.2) I have never been this high and it seems to be getting higher every week.

My endo thinks all is fine, i.e. no diabetes, but those spikes with little carbs worry me. It seems like this is some kind of carb intolerance or endo is wrong and it is diabetes. What am I supposed to do? My BG is spiking as if I have diabetes and I lost some more weight over the past 2 weeks (although I don't eat much calories).

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't call 7.2 "through the roof" and much depends on the time you tested after the meal and what you were before you ate.

Reactions: Hammyjames50

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 is not through the roof no matter when you tested, although it sounds like its higher than your body is used to because of the food restrictions you have in place

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hows your other issues coming along. are you willing to accept yet that your not diabetic. 7.2 is hardly raised.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wrote in the past about being tested negative for type 1 antibodies and having been on keto diet. Today, I decided to try to take a plunge and ate around 200g of youghurt (14g carbs) and chicken with vegetables. My heart is beating really fast, I am sweating and my blood glucose is through the roof (7.2) I have never been this high and it seems to be getting higher every week.

My endo thinks all is fine, i.e. no diabetes, but those spikes with little carbs worry me. It seems like this is some kind of carb intolerance or endo is wrong and it is diabetes. What am I supposed to do? My BG is spiking as if I have diabetes and I lost some more weight over the past 2 weeks (although I don't eat much calories).

Your blood sugar is not spiking. It’s reacting very normally to the food you ate.
If you think you can’t eat carbs, don’t eat them.
If you don’t want to lose weight, eat more fat.
The cause of your physical symptoms are nothing to do with your food.
You do not have diabetes.

Reactions: Hammyjames50

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Here's a cgm trace from a non-diabetic. Note how readings spike after a meal. It shows the body is working as it should, using the bloodstream to distribute glucose around the body for energy and storage for later use. It's just like roads getting busier at rush hour. It would be more of a problem if there wasn't a spike.

post-29-normal-bg-profile-graph.png

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
And a quote from an endo, indicating just how normal this is:

https://diatribe.org/issues/58/quotable-quotes

"In all the work with diabetes technology I’ve done, I’ve worn CGM for long periods of time. I don’t have diabetes, but I’ll eat a dessert and go up to 200 mg/dl. I’ll also drop down to 50 or 60 mg/dl. People with diabetes are comparing themselves to a false standard. The pancreas, for all of the advantages it has, still allows big excursions. It’s crazy to think it’s ideal.”

-Dr. Steven Russell (Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi @Triceraptors ,

Sounds like your keto diet is causing the weight loss.
From what I've seen regarding your numbers posted on the forum. They're normal!
Your other threads expressing concerns when eating carbs mention inconsistent "syptoms" associated with your diet choice of meals. However your blood remains normal.

Your endo thinks "all is fine." That's because it is.. Looks like the all clear!

I feel you need to rethink what's actually causing your issue..

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
You can not survive eating yogurt and chicken... sorry diabetes will be the least of your problems if this eating regime continues..

Stop worrying about diabetes!!

Eat some good, nutritious meals and then report back.

200g of yogurt???!!! I would not eat that qty in one sitting ever!!! In 5 days tes..

You are not eating a balanced meal or diet.

If you eat meat and 3 veg like broccoli, asparagus and courgette and and then another meal of meat, broccoli, buttenut squash and a veg of your choice and at least 2 tablespoons of each veg.. then give us some readings..

You are killing yourself with your thoughts of diabetes.... eat properly, then you can be properly addressing your problems...and get proper rational views..

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
<snip>

200g of yogurt???!!! I would not eat that qty in one sitting ever!!! In 5 days tes..
<snip>

I agree that the OP is yet again trying to prove diabetes when it isn't present. Anyway...

.....I think 200 grams (roughly 200 ml I think) is only one medium pot of yogurt.

See https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/253117849 for an example. At only 50p it can't be that big!

Not too many carbohydrates in the example, either.

So personally I wouldn't have any problem eating 200 grams at a sitting, especially with some added protein.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I agree that the OP is yet again trying to prove diabetes when it isn't present. Anyway...

.....I think 200 grams (roughly 200 ml I think) is only one medium pot of yogurt.

See https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/253117849 for an example. At only 50p it can't be that big!

Not too many carbohydrates in the example, either.

So personally I wouldn't have any problem eating 200 grams at a sitting, especially with some added protein.

No matter how much yogurt.. (1/3 of a big pot) it is not balanced eating...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I decided to try to take a plunge and ate around 200g of youghurt (14g carbs) and chicken with vegetables. My heart is beating really fast, I am sweating

Just out of curiosity... Was this dish a some kind of curry perchance?

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No matter how much yogurt.. (1/3 of a big pot) it is not balanced eating...

It depends what you call balanced really. He said he had yoghurt, chicken and vegetables and that seems quite balanced to me.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Didnt see the veg listed, sorry..

However, I still believe you are needing to have more foods with some veg at each meal and variety...

Nobody could possibly say you look to have diabetes from this post...

Please relax and live... and then give us some readings in mornings after a nights sleep etc...

Please do not persist in finding symptoms which really at this stage are leaning more towards anxiety and stress over eating than living life and making the most of it..

Reactions: lindijanice

Jo123

Please, please go and see your gp about your mental health, the anxiety over perfectly normal bg levels is not normal.
A lot of people have health anxiety, please go and get treatment for yours, with the appropriate treatment you will recover and be able to live your life without this constant anxiety.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It must be very frustrating to feel the way you do but we are not doctors and we cannot diagnose you. You should return to your GP and and tell him/her about your fears and anxieties surrounding food and bg.
The symptoms you have spoken of in this post and others along with readings do not suggest Diabetes and although you seem to have focussed on Diabetes your problem may lie elsewhere.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My BG is spiking as if I have diabetes and I lost some more weight over the past 2 weeks (although I don't eat much calories).
Even a non diabetic cold have a BG level of 7.2 or even higher after eating. I think you are getting paranoid about things.You have had the tests and they do not show diabetes so accept that you do not have it Try to relax you are obviously testing to much not eating enough so try to eat a bit more to stop your weight loss

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I fail to see that having been told you do not have diabetes and you have normal blood glucose levels that you still refuse to believe it. Strange I know but it is almost as if you really want to have diabetes so you try to convince yourself that you do You ask for advice here and people have tried to help you but you will not help yourself. Carry on the way you are and you will end up seriously ill

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But how am I to reintroduce the carbs? They seem to make me ill. I also thank you for all advice here.

Are you trolling? If you perceive carbs to be making you ill, don’t eat them. I haven’t for ten years and I’m still alive and thriving.
Your choices are so simple for someone who does not have diabetes.