My Symptoms Persist

Emile_the_rat

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
But how am I to reintroduce the carbs? They seem to make me ill. I also thank you for all advice here.

To be honest I think it sits more in your head. I read your other posts and you seem to freak out by reading that are totaly normal and fine. 7.2 is not through the roof, it’s perfectly normal.

I think your concern and fair for high blood sugar makes you ill. It’s common that physical health are affected by physological health. So when you always tell and makes yourself believe that carbs spikes you, it makes you feel ill, even thought you’re not really physical ill.

Just my thought.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
the op has issues with Munchausen syndrome this is a real issue and can be very difficult to deal with. no matter what we say they will beieve really believe they are sick. i feel for the op i really do. signs of the syndrome
People with Munchausen syndrome deliberately produce or exaggerate symptoms in several ways. They may lie about or fake symptoms, hurt themselves to bring on symptoms, or alter tests (such as contaminating a urine sample). Possible warning signs of Munchausen syndrome include:

• Dramatic but inconsistent medical history
  • Unclear symptoms that are not controllable and that become more severe or change once treatment has begun
  • Predictable relapses following improvement in the condition
  • Extensive knowledge of hospitals and/or medical terminology, as well as the textbook descriptions of illnesses
  • Presence of multiple surgical scars
  • Appearance of new or additional symptoms following negative test results
  • Presence of symptoms only when the patient is with others or being observed
  • Willingness or eagerness to have medical tests, operations, or other procedures
  • History of seeking treatment at numerous hospitals, clinics, and doctors offices, possibly even in different cities
  • Reluctance by the patient to allow doctors to meet with or talk to family, friends, or prior doctors
  • Problems with identity and self-esteem
Although a person with Munchausen syndrome actively seeks treatment for the various disorders he or she invents, the person often is unwilling to admit to and seek treatment for the syndrome itself. This makes treating people with Munchausen syndrome very challenging, and the outlook for recovery poor.

psychotherapy is the only treatment and the op is at serious risk from the harm that this illness causes.

please as ive said before get help for your real conditions dont allow them to rule you. please understand we know you think your diabetic no matter what we or the doctors say but you need to eat a healthy normal diet please stop starving yourself.

Triceraptors

the op has issues with Munchausen syndrome this is a real issue and can be very difficult to deal with. no matter what we say they will beieve really believe they are sick. i feel for the op i really do. signs of the syndrome
People with Munchausen syndrome deliberately produce or exaggerate symptoms in several ways. They may lie about or fake symptoms, hurt themselves to bring on symptoms, or alter tests (such as contaminating a urine sample). Possible warning signs of Munchausen syndrome include:

• Dramatic but inconsistent medical history
  • Unclear symptoms that are not controllable and that become more severe or change once treatment has begun
  • Predictable relapses following improvement in the condition
  • Extensive knowledge of hospitals and/or medical terminology, as well as the textbook descriptions of illnesses
  • Presence of multiple surgical scars
  • Appearance of new or additional symptoms following negative test results
  • Presence of symptoms only when the patient is with others or being observed
  • Willingness or eagerness to have medical tests, operations, or other procedures
  • History of seeking treatment at numerous hospitals, clinics, and doctors offices, possibly even in different cities
  • Reluctance by the patient to allow doctors to meet with or talk to family, friends, or prior doctors
  • Problems with identity and self-esteem
Although a person with Munchausen syndrome actively seeks treatment for the various disorders he or she invents, the person often is unwilling to admit to and seek treatment for the syndrome itself. This makes treating people with Munchausen syndrome very challenging, and the outlook for recovery poor.

psychotherapy is the only treatment and the op is at serious risk from the harm that this illness causes.

please as ive said before get help for your real conditions dont allow them to rule you. please understand we know you think your diabetic no matter what we or the doctors say but you need to eat a healthy normal diet please stop starving yourself.

This sounds like me and I never knew such condition existed. I believe to have had it since at least age 15. I shall contact my GP for referrals to help with mental health.

I HOPE that my issues are not diabetic, but it is just that when I tried to reintroduce carbs, I went to higher numbers than expected. Endo said to be careful when increasing carbs and it seems like a better idea is to use complex carbs instead of fast-converting sugars in yoghurt.

I went to dietician. She was rather useless, just told me to eat carbs again. I told her that grains made me sleepy and tired while milk cause acne. She said to try anyways because I need to gain weight. I am thinking of sweet potatoes, potatoes or some rice.

I started meditation and relaxation techniques in the evening, but I need to somehow reintroduce carbs and I struggle with this. My endo is not involved and relied on dietician advice.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This sounds like me and I never knew such condition existed. I believe to have had it since at least age 15. I shall contact my GP for referrals to help with mental health.

I HOPE that my issues are not diabetic, but it is just that when I tried to reintroduce carbs, I went to higher numbers than expected. Endo said to be careful when increasing carbs and it seems like a better idea is to use complex carbs instead of fast-converting sugars in yoghurt.

I went to dietician. She was rather useless, just told me to eat carbs again. I told her that grains made me sleepy and tired while milk cause acne. She said to try anyways because I need to gain weight. I am thinking of sweet potatoes, potatoes or some rice.

I started meditation and relaxation techniques in the evening, but I need to somehow reintroduce carbs and I struggle with this. My endo is not involved and relied on dietician advice.

I see that you started this post by agreeing that the description of the syndrome sounded like the problems you have been suffering from for some time. But then you ended by going back to talking about carbs, which you really have no problem with at all.

Read back thru the last message that you have posted and you will see what I mean. You acknowledge that your problem might not be a physical one, but then go straight back to carbs.

please go back to a health care professional and tell them all about the symptoms you have had since you were 15. I understand that it will be very difficult, but I do think that it could be the start of a new life. Take care.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
theres no reason why you may not be gluten and lactose intorrant. very common and not medical issues. but you do need to eat more try peas beans ect rice should not be an issue. fresh veg including spuds are ok just build up slowly go and enjoy a takeaway just try and avoid junk food. i hope you do get help its a long road but if you can get the support you will be healthier and happier

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Start a bit at a time do not overload with carbs introduce them slowly and STOP TESTING sorry to shout but I think whatever the levels are and they are normal it still freaks you out

Last edited:

Triceraptors

You can not survive eating yogurt and chicken... sorry diabetes will be the least of your problems if this eating regime continues..

Stop worrying about diabetes!!

Eat some good, nutritious meals and then report back.

200g of yogurt???!!! I would not eat that qty in one sitting ever!!! In 5 days tes..

You are not eating a balanced meal or diet.

If you eat meat and 3 veg like broccoli, asparagus and courgette and and then another meal of meat, broccoli, buttenut squash and a veg of your choice and at least 2 tablespoons of each veg.. then give us some readings..

You are killing yourself with your thoughts of diabetes.... eat properly, then you can be properly addressing your problems...and get proper rational views..

My typical meal is chicken thighs or drumsticks + brocolli, mushrooms, radish, cabbage. I saw my BG going to 6.7 on this. However, when adding simple sugars like yoghurt (not much carbs, just over 10), I went to 7.3. And felt unwell with heart palpitations.

Theoretically, eating carbs should slowly restore insulin production, or something like that according to an endo, but am seeing such increases and feeling unwell and wonder if there is not a larger cause. My HBA1c was 4.4 in 2015, it was 4.8 in June 2017 and 4.9 in Dec 2017. It is going up..

I don't know how to get myself to start eating normally again.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
maybe ask your GP to test how your thyroid hormons are.. if they are too high it an give a faster heartbeat and also sometimes a higher blood glucose because of a faster speed of ones metabolism and the liver then converting protiens into glucose in a much higher rate

Triceraptors

maybe ask your GP to test how your thyroid hormons are.. if they are too high it an give a faster heartbeat and also sometimes a higher blood glucose because of a faster speed of ones metabolism and the liver then converting protiens into glucose in a much higher rate

I already did. My GP tested FT4 (21.6) (12.00-22.00), and low FT3 (3.6) (4.0 - 6.4). Did not seem concerned. My endo did thyroid tests as well, and antibodies for thyroid. Also thyroid scan. All were normal according to him. I definitely have that syndrome paulus mentioned since I did the leg work to understand what is going on.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don´t want to give anyone a reason to worry. but a higher speed of heart rate can be from a lot of reasons and among those reasons are too low an iron level which can result in the heart working harder to send the blood around in the body faster because the oxygen is carried around on the red blood cells that are made very much from iron....

another reason can be stress and high blood pressure --- and in very rare cases an internal bleeding (from stomach ulcers, cancer of other bursts inside the body.)

the problem is when one has a tendency towards hypochondria, then ones stress alone can create the raised heart rate...

many deficiencies can create a raised heart rate.. also a lack of the B-12 vitamin or folic acid deficiency

but if you ar indeed a sufferer of Münchhausen syndrome you should really work on getting attention from other stuff than health-worries.

it is okay to be a person that like attention. actually many actors have that need or people doing other performances in front of people, you should really work on moving your need for attention from illness towards more healthy actions..

Last edited:

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
please stop feeding the op with new conditions. op get the help you need. your numbers are fine. a pot of yogurt is not a massive carb load neither is your food. eat small and often whatever you fancy please stop dieting and testing. or if you must aim for 2000 kals and if you cant stop testing try once aday. but seriously proper support is needed not what a forum can do. im not qualified to help. but you have my good will.

to our members these and other conditions are real forget the junk on telly at the moment the nhs simply finds it hard to deal with personality disorders most times they simply dont treat it. its as destructive as our condition and more stigmatizing. imagine going to the doctor with a know history of this problem. they do get sick like we do.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I think all that anybody with comments here want to see you getting help with issues around food, testing and living...and mostly ... relaxing.

We can offer advice but helping yourself now is important... speak to doc... and try to enjoy food and relax...

Your hba1c is fine... try eating veg and meat with good vitamins in ie iron as well.. do it for 3 months... choose a rainbow of veg ie spinach, butternut squash, mushrooms and eat.... lots of various vitamins in them.. enjoy food.. it ffeds your body.. if you are lean and lising weight still you are not nourishing your body, let alone your brain and heart..

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And a quote from an endo, indicating just how normal this is:

https://diatribe.org/issues/58/quotable-quotes

"In all the work with diabetes technology I’ve done, I’ve worn CGM for long periods of time. I don’t have diabetes, but I’ll eat a dessert and go up to 200 mg/dl. I’ll also drop down to 50 or 60 mg/dl. People with diabetes are comparing themselves to a false standard. The pancreas, for all of the advantages it has, still allows big excursions. It’s crazy to think it’s ideal.”

-Dr. Steven Russell (Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA)
This 'false standard ' of perfection is how I felt about my own charts after seeing the kinds of charts coming from people without diabetes
I still want to keep in the 5-6.5 range but the occasional excursion higher no longer worries me do much.