My Two Penny Worth

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't attack the person, Totto.

I know the brainwashed definitions and Wiki is not my bible.

Now I gave five areas that I feel are needed to address the epidemic. Please concentrate on those and not attacking a person trying to help the community. It's about diabetes and not your ego.
This is a forum for patents where we help each other.
You want to focus on psychology and such as causes for diabetes.
My response is of course to try to help you with your problems!

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Think what you u like frodo, but you can't keep posting misinformation after being made aware. What if a newbie type 1, 1.5 thought it was no longer necessary to take insulin as long as they exercised when excercise can actually cause major problems if there is not enough in their system.
or type 2 requiring insulin

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
I am a bit confused..... In your profile you say you take byetta and metformin. Is that the same as lantus?

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Deja vue, I read that on the page before.
the answer is no. It's an injectable used in T2. It has several modes of action . If you are interested then dare I say wiki has a clear explanation under mechanism of action.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exenatide
Thank you....my question to op was more of a query as to the discrepancy I had noticed, between his profile info and what he'd actually said on this thread.... if you get my drift....

Frodo27

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I will write a little about psychology, but not diabetes.
The psychology of an online forum.
The importance of effective moderation cannot be underestimated.
Failure will usually lead to the domination of three personality types, the self appointed guru, the sheep and the sniper.
The guru inevitably comes from a problematic childhood and needs continual dopamine kicks to satisfy their emotional needs. Whilst supposedly helping others they are simply using them for their own benefit. Any threat to that dopamine supply is quickly dealt with by personal attack in an attempt to remove it. I am, no doubt, not the first to be dealt with as such. And those others may well have made worthwhile contributions to diabetics but they are lost. The gurus egotistical quackery remains the soul of the forum and the snipers and sheep continue to provide excellent dopamine kicks to satisfy their needs. The site becomes all about the gurus and diabetes is secondary, they cause more harm than they do good.

I do not wish to encourage their addiction and therefore I leave this site with the hope that good moderation will allow this site to be truly useful.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I will write a little about psychology, but not diabetes.
The psychology of an online forum.
The importance of effective moderation cannot be underestimated.
Failure will usually lead to the domination of three personality types, the self appointed guru, the sheep and the sniper.
The guru inevitably comes from a problematic childhood and needs continual dopamine kicks to satisfy their emotional needs. Whilst supposedly helping others they are simply using them for their own benefit. Any threat to that dopamine supply is quickly dealt with by personal attack in an attempt to remove it. I am, no doubt, not the first to be dealt with as such. And those others may well have made worthwhile contributions to diabetics but they are lost. The gurus egotistical quackery remains the soul of the forum and the snipers and sheep continue to provide excellent dopamine kicks to satisfy their needs. The site becomes all about the gurus and diabetes is secondary, they cause more harm than they do good.

I do not wish to encourage their addiction and therefore I leave this site with the hope that good moderation will allow this site to be truly useful.

Did you have a bad experience of moderating a forum before perhaps?

Reactions: 3 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
It's always worth while keeping a note of ones profile info, thereby avoiding tripping oneself up when posting :rolleyes: ;)

Reactions: 9 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
The best ones are the posters whose profiles state they're male and have gestational diabetes:woot:

Reactions: 6 people

equipoise

The usual confusion between 'I have a right to have an opinion' (who's going to stop you?) and 'I have a right to have my opinion respected' (why?)

Reactions: 6 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
A forum is just not a forum without a bit of controversy ! Bit boring if we all agreed with each other !

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
A forum is just not a forum without a bit of controversy ! Bit boring if we all agreed with each other !

If you read meds info on OPs profile, it's different to what they actually said they're taking ie, metformin and byetta on profile but lantus during posts.....hence my "confusion" and subsequent posts ;)

Reactions: 4 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
If you read meds info on OPs profile, it's different to what they actually said they're taking ie, metformin and byetta on profile but lantus during posts.....hence my "confusion" and subsequent posts ;)
I agree ! I love a good hunt lol :)

Reactions: 4 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Mind you, devils advicate, my meds have changed a few times and I haven't bothered updating my profile thingy !

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Mind you, devils advicate, my meds have changed a few times and I haven't bothered updating my profile thingy !

True! But it's different when someone is male on their profile but then posts about being pregnant-I've seen that before! lol

Reactions: 5 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
:) But you aren't a new poster....... Or are you? T'internet is full of jokers, weirdos and sad people, almost as many as there are normal ish ones ;)