My weight loss - Probably not dietry

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I don't want to deflect @SlimLizzy 's thread, but I assume you meant your TSH is over range, not under?

When I started looking into thyroid issues, I joined the Thyroid UK element on Health Unlocked. It's rather like here, but for thyroid (funnily enough!). I have learned a huge amount from the guys on there, and I suggest if you haven't already that a look around there and maybe signing up could be helpful to you.

Good luck with it all. You've struggled with your own weight, albeit differently to SlimLizzy for quite long enough.

Apologies SlimLizzy. No more deflection from me on this thread.
@DavidGrahamJones no apology neccessary, hope you get yourself sorted out soon. Best wishes Liz

Reactions: Freema

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Update, phone call from doctor, asking if appt letter has arrived. He then spent at least an hour on the phone and eventually managed to get me an appt on the 4th april. Apparently the wait for urgent CT scan appt is normally five weeks. So I am properly grateful.
Meanwhile we have taken the garden away, all pots, plants and tools are now gone to a temporary home with a friend.
Tomorrow we can go see the motorhome, observe the progress and decide on the final details. Should be able to collect it on Saturday, really will be just in time as it needs some work in the inside once we do get it back.

Reactions: Freema and Diakat

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Update, phone call from doctor, asking if appt letter has arrived. He then spent at least an hour on the phone and eventually managed to get me an appt on the 4th april. Apparently the wait for urgent CT scan appt is normally five weeks. So I am properly grateful.
Meanwhile we have taken the garden away, all pots, plants and tools are now gone to a temporary home with a friend.
Tomorrow we can go see the motorhome, observe the progress and decide on the final details. Should be able to collect it on Saturday, really will be just in time as it needs some work in the inside once we do get it back.

Glad your doc managed to get you in sooner than 5 weeks - that’s quite astounding for an urgent test! 4th Apr is long enough to wait, but at least you have a date now so can try to get on with all the other stuff in the meantime.
Fingers crossed the mororhome is ready Sat.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
We will be collecting it saturday, ready or not, as its our accommodation for monday night, possibly sunday if we can get organised by then.

Its looking good, new paintjob is great - but filthy dirty inside. Dust everywhere, even inside the cupboards, so major operation to get it habitable. We have one day only to achieve that. Today will be doing the house cleaning, as far as is possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freema and DJC3

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Got our motorhome back, only three weeks late, so all the " little" jobs have to be squeezed into 24 hours. The electric flush doesnt work, carpets need fitting, oven needs cleaning( ofc) filled the tank with water today, discovered all the hot water falls out underneath :( and Mr Slim is furious because one of the windows broke when he tried to close it. Took us about four hours to clean through, all the cupboards were dusty inside. Although the paintsprayers did make a good start at it.
People keep telling me to relax... Yeah, sure.
Our buyer has transport issues and will now be moving her large items into our conservatory tomorrow.
not sleeping too well atm, unsurprising really.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got our motorhome back, only three weeks late, so all the " little" jobs have to be squeezed into 24 hours. The electric flush doesnt work, carpets need fitting, oven needs cleaning( ofc) filled the tank with water today, discovered all the hot water falls out underneath :( and Mr Slim is furious because one of the windows broke when he tried to close it. Took us about four hours to clean through, all the cupboards were dusty inside. Although the paintsprayers did make a good start at it.
People keep telling me to relax... Yeah, sure.
Our buyer has transport issues and will now be moving her large items into our conservatory tomorrow.
not sleeping too well atm, unsurprising really.

Can’t give this a ‘like’ as it’s too horrendous. Trying to relax in this situation is pretty impossible, but could you manage even 10 mins a day of sitting somewhere quiet and just closing your eyes and breathing? I think Ive mentioned before that I use the Headspace app and have found it really helpful in stressful times - it’s sort of guided meditation sessions, just 5-10 mins.
No advice or help I can offer but to say I’m thinking of you.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Can’t give this a ‘like’ as it’s too horrendous. Trying to relax in this situation is pretty impossible, but could you manage even 10 mins a day of sitting somewhere quiet and just closing your eyes and breathing? I think Ive mentioned before that I use the Headspace app and have found it really helpful in stressful times - it’s sort of guided meditation sessions, just 5-10 mins.
No advice or help I can offer but to say I’m thinking of you.
Thank you DJC3, have been downloading helpful stuff today and headspace is on the list. The motorhome is working surprisingly well as a distraction from the main issue. so both of us feeling a little less stressed today. I spent all day moving things out of the house, finding them new places, and then retrieving as needed plates/ phonecharger/ etc. While MrSlim worked on the hot water system, fixed the bike rack and assorted other heavy jobs. He is drinking wine out of a mug tonight! I have tea. Did find time for a visit to my lovely Mum, missing her a lot, after six weeks of daily contact.
Kitchen looks a mess, stuff on all surfaces - but NONE in cupboards or drawers, so getting there. Should not take long to finish clearing it tomorrow

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@SlimLizzy I hope good sleep is happening this very minute, and that you will have a safe trip with a clean and operational vehicle!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Afrer your appointment @SlimLizzy , did you go home and weigh on your own scales to ascertain how accurate the loss was?

Edited to add; what did he say about the issue you were having for getting your required calories eaten each day?
my tolerance for fat has improved so no longer stuggling to get enough calories.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Today, had the scan, now we wait for result. Meanwhile as distraction, we are off to Wales, visiting some relatives. Back in the Midlands on Monday, taking motorhome back to repair shop for some final (we hope) ajustments. Nothing more to report at the moment, but a big thank you for all the messages of support.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Enjoy your lovely weekend, forget all about everything but the countryside, I hope.

Reactions: ickihun

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you got your scan out of the way, @SlimLizzy . How's the weight doing, with all this stress, and associated dietary disruption?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Glad you got your scan out of the way, @SlimLizzy . How's the weight doing, with all this stress, and associated dietary disruption?
Dietary disruption is a most apt phrase. Weight is 47.6kg, 7st.6lb. That is probably down to amount of calories from alcohol this week.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dietary disruption is a most apt phrase. Weight is 47.6kg, 7st.6lb. That is probably down to amount of calories from alcohol this week.

Apologies, I don't know how that 47.6kg relates to last week, or the week before, but your calories from lcohol maybe suggests no further loss today?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Apologies, I don't know how that 47.6kg relates to last week, or the week before, but your calories from lcohol maybe suggests no further loss today?
It's almost the same, ofc there was also a lot of chocolate.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Any results yet @SlimLizzy?
:nailbiting:
Amazingly weight loss seems to have stalled, ( although copious amounts of alcohol and chocolate might have something to do with it) leaving me wondering if a dietician or nutritionist would have been the correct next step. At the time its what I was hoping for.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I’d take that as a good sign. If there was anything urgent or drastically amiss they would have contacted you straight away. Doesn’t really help I know, you are bound to worry. Still got my fingers, toes and all sorts of things crossed for you x

Reactions: zauberflote