My weight loss - Probably not dietry

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Woke in the night hot and sweaty again, checked BG 5.6. Ok so not that. Cold drink, back to sleep.
Called at surgery on way to Mums, got appt 10.20
Sorted Mum out, She also has Doc appt, hers is 10.10, different surgery few mins drive apart. How efficient is that?
Dropped Mum off ( Dad will collect her in 30 mins) off to my appt.
Saw a different Doc this morning. Suspect his scales are weighing differently to previous doc. Cannot believe have lost 3 kg in two weeks. Discussed thyroid test results and xray nada there. So its likely to be something nasty. Lot of questions, looking for minor symptoms, as dont feel ill. Seems the hot, sweaty nghts might be relevant. Wee test. Something is not right so sending me for urgent scan, looking for a tumour. Appt might take two weeks to come.
went home, told Mr Slim then we went comfort shopping, got icecream, chocolate biscuits, hot chocolate drink, chocolate eclairs plus salmon and ready prepared stir fry veg for dinner
Confirmed today we have to be out of house in twelve days min, max seventeen.
Worried about Mum, she might not be fully independent by then and Dad may not be able to help. He has balance issues and can be clumsy.
Ofc all this might also impact on our planned relocation to France.
Oh and forget to mention a friend from Australia is planning to visit us there, she will be arriving 21-04

Thank you all for lovely supportive messages xx

Last edited:
Reactions: pcs63 and Freema

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke in the night hot and sweaty again, checked BG 5.6. Ok so not that. Cold drink, back to sleep.
Sorted Mum out, She also has Doc appt, hers is 10.10, different surgery few mins drive apart. How efficient is that?
Saw a different Doc this morning. Suspect his scales are weighing differently to previous doc. Cannot believe have lost 3 kg in two weeks. Discussed thyroid test results and xray nada there. So its likely to be something nasty. Lot of questions, looking for minor symptoms, as dont feel ill. Seems the hot, sweaty nghts might be relevant. Wee test. Something is not right so sending me for urgent scan, looking for a tumour. Appt might take two weeks to come.
Worried about Mum, she might not be fully independent by then and Dad may not be able to help. He has balance issues and can be clumsy.
Ofc all this might also mpact on out planned relocation to France.
Wow seems it never rains but it pours for you. Best I can do is hold you in my thoughts/remember you in prayers/cross fingers or any other way could possibly work. Sincerely hope all outcomes are as you would wish

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Wow seems it never rains but it ours for you. Best I can do is hold you in my thoughts/remember you in prayers/cross fingers or any other way could possibly work. Sincerely hope all outcomes are as you would wish
thank you ian

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm so sorry to hear this. You are going through such a tough time at the moment. I hope you get the answers you need ASAP and will keep everything crossed for you for a postive outcome. In the meantime, it goes without saying, look after yourself. Self care is definitely where it is at.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Here's another hug and some more crossed fingers for good outcomes to all the things you're juggling at the moment.

Reactions: zauberflote

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
went home, told Mr Slim then we went comfort shopping, got icecream,chocolate biscuits, hot chocolate drink, plus salmon and ready prepared stir fry veg for dinner
Ofc all this might also impact on our planned relocation to France.

Oh how stressfull all of it

Reactions: zauberflote

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SlimLizzy What a shock on top of the imminent moving date. I really hope your appointment comes quickly, the worry and waiting are the worst things.
You will be uppermost in my thoughts, I have been in this situation and know how absolutely horrible it is.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Hugs for you! Share with Mr Slim, mum, dad. The hugs are renewable resources. And prayers for for you and all these conflicting and highly stressful things going on for you all on top of each other. Also crossed fingers and high hopes.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear. That's the sort of curved ball nobody needs, @SlimLizzy - On the back of that bombshell, what does the Doc actually intend to do to move things forward? Has he made any referrals, or ordered a decent raft of blood tests